Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa for a 3 day wedding trip, and passport validity?

Options
  • 25-02-2009 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

I'm visiting Oz for 3 days in April for a friend's wedding, and I'm curious to know what type of Visa I need, and where to get it. Also, my passport is due to expire on the 31st of August, would this be an issue? I remember hearing horror stories on the radio of people being denied travel because their passports had less than 6 months left on them.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I contacted the Australian Embassy for anyone else with the same question. The E Visitor visa, which is free, will cover me for the trip, and as long as your passport is valid at the date you leave the country, you'll be fine. You still need to check with your airline, as some are sticky about dates, but otherwise it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Ned

Just a question are you flying from Ireland to Aus for the 3 days wedding .

The reason i ask is because i've done a few trips back and forth to family and the last time was a quick visit of 10 days .

It nearly killed me . I was as sick as a dog for 3 days after i got back to Ireland .

Just some thing to think about .

I find the longer you can stay in OZ the better

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mobooo

If you have never done a trip like that before man. Remember that with these hard times its something you think about that stops you going home.... The pain of the flight!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

return flights themselves will take the guts of 4 days, usually, OP. i can't think of any way to do this that won't leave you absolutely wrecked.

i think the shortest i've done is leave on the 15th and get home on the 28th/29th. gave me ten full days, or something like that. though i went straight from there into a 96hr shift, so i never had time to get jetlagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I know I'll be absolutely wrecked, I'm expecting it, but due to personal reasons, this is how short the trip has to be I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Well Ned

Best thing is to take the all new A380 might help a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

Ozeire wrote: »
    Well Ned

Best thing is to take the all new A380 might help a bit

:eek::eek:
    http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/fuelsystem-faults-raise-fears-of-a380-design-flaws-20090303-8ngr.html

Advertisement