Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need ideas for a 2.5ft deep container to use as mini-plunge pool

Options
  • 25-02-2009 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

Right, bit of a strange one for you....

As part of a recovery program from surgery on both lower legs I need to use a plunge pool as often as possible - preferrably after each session of exercise. I use the plunge pool in the gym when I'm there and it's a great help, but I need to rig something up to use at home.

So basically I need to get some form of container that will contain enough water (with lots of ice) to cover my feet up to the knees, so about 2.5ft to cover it. Would be preferrable if it's relatively snug so it just has space for the feet (i.e. not a massively wide container needed).

I've looked at a few different buckets but can't really find anything that suits. Something like cutting up a small wheelie bin would seem perfect but not sure that's needed (or how to get my hands on one).

Can anyone think of a suitable container I could use or modify or any way to rig one up by making it myself? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I've heard of people using wheelie bins after triathlons....

I would guess some sort of strong plastic bin would do the job....

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

A slim waterbutt, cut in half. From garden section of any hardware store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

drag0n79 wrote: »
    A slim waterbutt, cut in half. From garden section of any hardware store.

Nice one - I wasn't aware of what a waterbutt is but a quick web search gave a good idea and I'll pick one up at the weekend and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

You can still get old time dustbins. :D
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Drop down to your local Italian Chipper and ask for a couple of oil drums, they'd probably be happy to give them away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement