Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a job with stretched lobes!

• 25-02-2009 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hey guys, i have my lobes stretched to 16mm and have a job interview tomorrow and don't know wether to take out the tunnels or leave them in!

Anyone have experience doing a job interview with visible stretched lobes and did it affect their chances of getting the job?

I don't think there's much chance of hiding them unless i cover my ears with my hands for the whole interview!! :pac:

Any help or advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Really depends where the interview is for.
    Woodies DYI, for example, told me straight up i'd have to take mine out during the interview where as in an interview for River Island i was complemented on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

It's for a medical plant of all places!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I'd go with plain, solid plugs. I wouldn't wear naked 16mm lobes to an interview because some people can get very freaked out by the hole. At least then you can offer to take them out if it comes up during the interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I have gone for interview with my plugs in. They were 16mm also.

Don't worry about your lobes, focus on your interview technique etc.
    If you are right for the job people should see that. In saying so, when I started the job people went mad so if they ask you if you have any questions, it might be worth asking them if your plugs will cause problems just so as to avoid said 'issues' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

Will wrote: »
    I have gone for interview with my plugs in. They were 16mm also.

Don't worry about your lobes, focus on your interview technique etc.
    If you are right for the job people should see that. In saying so, when I started the job people went mad so if they ask you if you have any questions, it might be worth asking them if your plugs will cause problems just so as to avoid said 'issues' :)

Ha ha cheers!

If i do get the job then i have the issue of having full sleeves!!! Oh my days! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Long sleeve shirts work best :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

cadogs wrote: »
    Ha ha cheers!

If i do get the job then i have the issue of having full sleeves!!! Oh my days! :D

And now we want pics! haha

Advertisement