Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I bring a hair straightener etc on board?

Options
  • 25-02-2009 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi All,
    I'm doing my usual Ryanair trip shortly but am only bringing handluggage for the weekend (yes I'm brave). Less than 10kg I can manage but I need to know if I can bring my hair straighteners on the plane legally? I can't find anything online about this...
    Thanks,
    M

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Airlines have sections on their websites for "prohibited items" . It's better to get your info from there than on a website because if you do get into trouble over something in your case it's better to be able to quote the website than someone on an internet forum.
    Just for future reference :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

spurious wrote: »
    Yes you can.
    Are you sure? some of those are gas cartage operated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Freelancebeauty

Airlines have sections on their websites for "prohibited items" . It's better to get your info from there than on a website because if you do get into trouble over something in your case it's better to be able to quote the website than someone on an internet forum.
    Just for future reference :)
    thanks - they don't mention electricals on Ruinair but I am still at a loss as whether to take a chance on it! Am wondering now if anyone has successfully brought them on board..?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

It's the dublin airport authority that checks your bag not Ryanair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭sammyv

plug in hair straightners are definatelly allowed.
    I do the UK trip every weekend, with my beloved straightners...so work away!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

i work for ryanair you can bring them onboard but as said if it is a gas straightner remove the gas catridge

Advertisement