Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsored skilled migrant visa

Options
  • 25-02-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Myself and my partner are considering the move to Australia. Both our jobs are listed on the skilled migrants shortage list.

The problem is we don't quite make the 100 points required. We have overcome this by getting my Uncle to sponsor us. This means we can apply for the subclass 176 visa, sponsored skilled migrant visa.

Does anyone know if we still needs the skilled assessment by the TRA for this visa? I can't find the answer anywhere. Thanks.

K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Myself and my partner are considering the move to Australia. Both our jobs are listed on the skilled migrants shortage list.

The problem is we don't quite make the 100 points required. We have overcome this by getting my Uncle to sponsor us. This means we can apply for the subclass 176 visa, sponsored skilled migrant visa.

Does anyone know if we still needs the skilled assessment by the TRA for this visa? I can't find the answer anywhere. Thanks.

K

Ok as with all questions here seek proffesional advice from a agent.

Here is my gut feeling , if you any of your above pionts are based on a skill well then that skill will have to be proven to DIAC. If the TRA assess your skill well then I would say yes you do still need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

kkelly77 wrote: »

K

At this stage 176 Family sponsored are at the bottom of the pile for processing unless your profession is on the CSL, ........you will still require to have your skills assessed by having all the proper qualifcations and paying to do the skills assessment. Bear in mind that the minister is going to cut the number of visas in the next program year (1st July 2009) so there a quite a lot of people trying to get their application lodged now.

DIAC might consider raising the points threshold for migration...and if you are short on points like you already said well does not look good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

mandrake04 wrote: »
    At this stage 176 Family sponsored are at the bottom of the pile for processing unless your profession is on the CSL, ........you will still require to have your skills assessed by having all the proper qualifcations and paying to do the skills assessment. Bear in mind that the minister is going to cut the number of visas in the next program year (1st July 2009) so there a quite a lot of people trying to get their application lodged now.

DIAC might consider raising the points threshold for migration...and if you are short on points like you already said well does not look good

Is there a specific skills assessment authority I need to apply to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

well what is your occupation?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TutuKaka

How much does the skilled migrant application process cost for NZ/Oz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Advertisement