Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland V England Pub

Options
  • 25-02-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good pub in the city to watch the Ireland v England 6 Nations match on Saturday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

Old Oak is normally busy, Rob Roy, Reardons, Soho, The Ovens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I'd say the Rob Roy would be a good choice, plenty of screens and a good crowd turns up for the matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Was in the Bailey for the French match.
    Not much of a crowd there. But again there's plenty of screens to watch it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

soho is alwaysgood for matches and you can get some savage grub at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

In town the Rob Roy or Counihans are both good spots. Just outside town both Cissie Youngs and the Silver Key are great spots for the rugby games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

soho is alwaysgood for matches and you can get some savage grub at the same time

And the same owners have the East Village in douglas, expect this place to be packed solid. great atmosphere, have food before or after game very little chance of during

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Cable wrote: »
    And the same owners have the East Village in douglas, expect this place to be packed solid. great atmosphere, have food before or after game very little chance of during

Well i ordered just before kick off and had it 15mins after which was perfect(cept on knocked my wings over in disgust at some of the kicking :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was in counihans for the match and there a great atmospher,it was packed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

Well i ordered just before kick off and had it 15mins after which was perfect(cept on knocked my wings over in disgust at some of the kicking :P

Yeah was there myself, was disappointed really. It used to be 10 times busier. I remember two years ago not even being able to move

Advertisement