Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair ban and complete bias behaviour

Options
  • 25-02-2009 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi, I was banned from instruments the other day for apparently pimping the store I run.
    Firstly i admit, i was wrong to sign off with a link to my store, and once informed i stopped, secondly, the only reason i mentioned the store again was to come back at one of the guys who said they wudn't go near a shop that charges 60 for repair of a broken neck. Check my posts I'm not trying to advertise the shop.
    Its not like I started any threads to advertise the shop and how is it that I can be banned for mentioning the store once when 'smiler' (an xmusic employee) consistently starts posts about x music and advertises justin hawkins coming to xmusic and then signs off every post with x music??
    In fact every single post he has made in the last 5 months has been promoting xmusic. How has he not been banned?

XMusic for some reason seem to be untouchable, it is complete bias.

The consistently start threads and bump there own threads as a form of advertising, yet I make one comment referring to my store and I get an immediate ban for advertising. I have also attempted to get our store added to the stickys that are placed there and have been ignored. It is complete bias against anyone apart from the major retailers.
    I am not the first one to bring this to attention, yet nothing is ever done regarding the instrument administrators and moderators
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

In fairness, you got off light.
    Normally we siteban anyone who signs up to Boards to pimp their business.
    When you registered to this site, you got an e-mail and a PM asking you not to do this.

If you are seeing anyone else doing the same thing, report the post and it will be dealt with.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SteamboatMark

I'd like to but I cant i got banned from instruments.
    Check for yourself
    look for a poster called 'smiler' in xmusic threads
    particularily the 'justin hawkins at xmusic' thread.
    Thanks
    Your Majesty

I'd like to but I cant i got banned from instruments.

You could drop a PM to Karl Hungus and feylya and plead your case.
    It may or may work....
    Your Majesty

You're most welcome Royal Subject.

OK
    After talking to feylya, I understand that the process has been explained to you.
    It has also been explained to you by my fellow Smod Minesajackdaniels.
    You really haven't a leg to stand on I'm afraid.

Also, with regards to the other posters you mention, anyone who is a longstanding member here, who gives back to the site with help and advice, will be allowed a certain leeway.
    You have exactly 7 posts under your belt, most of which are just to pimp your business.
    Can you see the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Just an observation - I picked up on SBM's habit of putting his store weblink in his posts, and an occasion where he announced that he had something in stock, because his post was reported.

In a moment of leniency, I decided to explain to him in no uncertain terms that it wasn't allowed, he should have paid attention to the directions in his sign-up PM and email and that if he ignored my PM, he would be summarily banned from the site, as would any re-registration attempt to circumvent that ban. He agreed not to do it again.

The forum moderators have banned him for the same thing. In my opinion, it's up to them whether they feel SBM has something to contribute to the community that they feel overrules his flouting of the sign-up rules. It was the possibility that he HAD something to contribute that prompted me to PM him as opposed to site-banning his account immediately.

I'm happy that it's up to them whether or not to unban him.

• Advertisement

MAJD
    He went and reregged to get around the forum ban.
    I've nuked both accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I might just link anyone to this thread in future when they ask 'Why didn't you give me a chance?' I'll tell them to blame SteamBoatMark.

Advertisement