Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A passion for running and cycling

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Sun 2nd

7m @ 8.20p/m.

A nice relaxing run around malahide castle park. Still have a chesty cough so will be taking it easy for a bit. No harm in that anyway

Running YTD: 12 miles / 2 runs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

Happy new year and the very best of luck in 2011.

Just wondering KB3, I know you have the sub 40 10k and sub 90 half marathon in mind for 2011, both of which you will easily attain. Have you any other aims/goals or training objectives for 2011?

Happy new year and the very best of luck in 2011.

Just wondering KB3, I know you have the sub 40 10k and sub 90 half marathon in mind for 2011, both of which you will easily attain. Have you any other aims/goals or training objectives for 2011?

Same to yourself dude!

I drunkenly agreed to do a triathlon even though i cant swim (well maybe a little bit) - so im hoping to do skerries as a) its closest b) my gf and her family are from there. Not sure when its likely to sell out though (i.e when i ll actually have to commit). would love to do triathlon for bit of fun (i.e. keep it fun and try enjoy it rather than being over serious).

I just dropped €250 on CRC literally a few mins on cycling gear (light, winter tights and waterproof overshoes) so the plan is to get back cycling and stop being a fair weather cyclist as i ve been last 2 summers.

Foot is still niggling away and i get frustrated stuck in all evening watching rubbish with no real exercise, so the bike is an appealing option, even i can get a commute in a couple of times a week.

I ll defo do the swords races agin this year, they were a great buzz and some sportifs too.

How about yourself?

Cool, good stuff. Well regarding me-all will be revieled this weekend ;)

Wed 5th

3.1m @ 8.45p/m.

It will be the slow and steady route for the month now i think. foot was niggling after sunday - 12m in 2 days just back was prob too much, so will just keep ticking over and try be as disciplined and patient as possible, running every second day.

Running YTD: 15.1 miles / 3 runs

• Advertisement

Thurs 5th

2.5m @ 8.30p/m.

A whopping 2.5m run to keep me sane. Foot not so good. bike beckons.

Running YTD: 17.6 miles / 4 runs

Sun 9th

3.1m @ 8.40p/m.

Still trying to do a little bit until the winter bike gear arrives. I think my foot needs a good rest. Very frustrating start to the year but not the end of the world.

Running YTD: 20.7 miles / 5 runs

Mon 10th

Cycling

11.7k @ 26km/ph. Took a short spin to try out my new light (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24391&PartnerID=1620&amp)

I was pretty impressed, well able to cycle on pitch dark roads now and spot potholes in the distance. Hopefully my bib thermal bib tights will arive shortly as my thighs were too cold in skins leggings.

Hopefully do a few commutes next week.

Cycling YTD: 11.7 km / 1 cycle
    Running YTD: 20.7 m / 5 runs

Tues 11th

Cycling

22k @ 27km/ph.

The long road to summer races kicked off with a cycle in the wind and rain - i must be mad. The foot injury has forced me to become more than a fair weather cyclist:)

Took a spin out of malahide and up the N1 and back again. My bib tights cant come quick enough, every part of me was warm except for my legs and thighs which were wet and very cold. Needed this to clear the head after an interview earlier - considering changing jobs as fancy a new challenge. It was late enough getting home but head was melted so had to get out.

Cycling YTD: 33.7 km / 2 cycles

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Tues 11th

Cycling

22k @ 27km/ph.

The long road to summer races kicked off with a cycle in the wind and rain - i must be mad. The foot injury has forced me to become more than a fair weather cyclist:)

Took a spin out of malahide and up the N1 and back again. My bib tights cant come quick enough, every part of me was warm except for my legs and thighs which were wet and very cold. Needed this to clear the head after an interview earlier - considering changing jobs as fancy a new challenge. It was late enough getting home but head was melted so had to get out.

Good stuff KB and fair play to you for getting out in that. Hope the interview went well and the change in career direction works out dude!

• Advertisement

Good stuff KB and fair play to you for getting out in that. Hope the interview went well and the change in career direction works out dude!
    Cheers dude, glad to see your back on the logs

Wed 12th

Running

3.9m @ 8.20 p/m

Foot feels about 95% now, how long it will take to get fully right though god knows the last bit is always the slowest.

Anyway this was totally pain free and its the best i ve felt running since xmas, my lungs are finally cleared after being sick.

Really hope saturday morning isnt too wet as want to get a decent spin in.

Running YTD: 24.6 m / 6 runs

Friday 14th -Brick

cycle - 41.5k @ 26.7km/ph

Run 2.5 m @ 8.02 p/m

GF is on nights so was planning a long cycle tomorrow to take advantage of so much spare time but with the winds forecast tomorrow I decided to crack on tonight. New bib tights arrived and are fantastic was good and toasty on the bike. I need better batteries for the light though, i just used cheapo rechargeable ones as they were all i could find at the time. Had to stop and change batteries at a stage. The cycle all in all was good but tough coming back against the wind although i didnt push it just spun alot.

Quick change and out for run, prob my fastest in a while. felt grand if a little tired. Foot seems fine now which is more good news.

Anyway good nights training to end off a mental week.

Havent slept great with so much on my mind and up early for interviews before work. As I mentioned on the ART thread got offered a new job in bigger firm but then when i told my boss he offered me to make me partner in the firm. An absolute dream!!

So definitely plan a lie in tomorrow and a celebration Tuesday when the GF finishes nights.

Now for a beer:)

Cycling YTD: 75.2 km / 3 cycles
    Running YTD: 28.6 m / 7 runs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Friday 14th -BrickNow for a beer:)

Running YTD: 28.6 m / 7 runs

Enjoy the beers thats great news to be made partner :). Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Things are looking up :D Congrats man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Well done on the career front enjoy them beers.

Dude that is such great news! You must be feeling great, well done :)

Sat 15th

Run 3.7 m @ 7.55 p/m

Another easy run, but i threw in a decent last 1.5km and no reaction from the foot so seems like its normal service.

It was wet and windy but enjoyable.

Running YTD: 32.3 m / 8 runs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Great news on the work front, congrats and great news on the foot front too. Have a pint on me!

Sun 16th

cycle - 50.2k @ 27.7km/ph

Weather was much improved and this was enjoyable for most of it - the wind was still a c'unt on the way back. i was working harder against it than on any hills i encountered.

Forgot how much you need to get use to having your bum on the saddle, was sore the min i sat on the bike after friday nights spin.

Glad i did it now and its been a good weekend training wise.

Cycling YTD: 125.4 km / 4 cycles
    Running YTD: 32.3 m / 8 runs

• Advertisement

Mon 17th

5m @ 8.12 p/m. nice easy run. still thinking about the foot non stop even though its actually fine. bit annoying really, will bring the sansa clip next time.

Running YTD: 37.3 m / 9 runs

Been bold, very bold - no training either of the last 2 nights . A meal out, couple of pints and some champagne tuesday with the gf to celebate. Then a chinese last night.

Thurs 20th

5m @ 7.38 p/m.

Just clipped along listening to off the ball and them slate that tool Ryan Tubirdy - gas.

Running YTD: 42.3 m / 10 runs

Sat 22nd
    8.5m @ 7.51 p/m.

Highly enjoyable run. House minding in skerries for 5 weeks so went from skerries to balbriggan and back. was always one of my favourite runs, running it the opposite way around but its even better this way as you come back with the breeze.

I took it fairly handy then let loose the last 2k. Foot is grand so happy! Have missed the saturady morning runs.

Running YTD: 50.8 m / 11 runs

Sun 23rd
    5m @ 8 mp/m.

A handy run around skerries after a morning with nieces and nephews splashing around funtasia. bloody wrecked now.

Running YTD: 55.8 m / 12 runs

Mon 24th
    5.7m @ 8.51 p/m.

Just a nice handy trot with the sole purpose of putting a fe more miles in the legs and trying to build up a base again.

Running YTD: 61.5 m / 13 runs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Whats the short and long term targets running wise now that you're back into it? It would have been some race between us if you had done waterford, you can run 1'26 for sure in the next few months. Congrats on the job news (i hope it doesn't interfere with your training!)

Thanks man, hopefully it wont is right. Ah i think 86mins might have been a stretch for me, maybe 88 or just under but thats it. Fair play on the 86 by the way, thats some running and some improvement on from that 5k we did. Have confidence in yourself marathon wise and defo go for 3.10.

I think race wise i ll look at the 10k in enniscorthy, if nothing else just to get back into it and wake the body up. After that i dont know, i havent even looked at a calendar yet but id like to find a half. maybe larne but it might come a bit soon, i ll see how the legs are.

Wed 26th
    4.8m @ 7.13 p/m.

Did 4.5k at 6.50 p/m in the middle. pleased with that,it was a pleasant surprise to find im not as out of shape as i feared.

Running YTD: 66.3 m / 14 runs

Fri 28th
    7.4 @ 8.17 p/m.

Skerries aint great to run around at night, there are only a few loops so its very repititive but i ll have to suffer it for a few weeks.

The run itself was very easy, it was cold and i didnt even break sweat on my forehead. Quite boring running this slow actually when its not bright and scenic out but needs must.

Running YTD: 73.7 m / 15 runs

• Advertisement

Sat 5th - cycling

60km @ 27.8km/ph. Tough solo spin.

Cycling YTD: 185.4 km / 5 cycles
    Running YTD: 73.7 m / 15 run

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement