Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A passion for running and cycling

1313233343537»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I ve decided to ask the mods to close off this log, i may re open it some day or i may start another one we will see.

Firstly thanks to all who commented with help and support etc over the years.

I think its run its course and as its been wholly about cycling for a while and im not even sure its appropriate being here.

Unfortunately a lot of the log has been blighted by injury. Running never really seemed to work out for me, it was always a case of 2 steps forward 1 step back. It's a pity as i always felt i had good potential as evidenced by going sub 20 in my first ever race after few months training and running 1.32 for half off only 60miles.

But it wasnt to be, it was one injury after another. I have issues down my left leg i ve never fully corrected but am also guilty of pushing too hard too quick. I ll probably go back running over the winter at some stage and try build more slow miles and give it another shot.

I ve loved taking up cycling and the few races i did last year were brilliant fun. Im hooked. Its much kinder on the legs and injuries arent really a factor but again somehow i ve managed to crash and halt my progress. I had high hopes for the season but again they seem to be getting away from me fast which is incredibly frustrating especially after months of training in the wind and rain.

Im sick of moaning about injury, my back is up and down daily, so the plan is to go away and just get right and come back and pray for an end to the repetitive cycle of disappointment. Hopefully i might be able to salvage something from the season.

Boards is a great source of knowledge, race reports make great reading and you meet like minded individuals for training and racing with. However when injured they are a double edged sword, and i ve found myself chasing back to quick to get fit for xy or z race, or to not 'lose too much'. Its not for me right now, i have to go away and plan a sensible steady rehabilitation and build up slowly.

If nothing else hopefully closing this log might lift whatever curse is on me:D

Cheers

Brian

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement