Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Developers in Galway

Options
  • 25-02-2009 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I'm looking for the names of the biggest developers in Galway (if they are still around!!). Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think Fahy photo get a lot of business, hope that helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yeah Fahyphoto are the biggest construction firm in town :D

go to www.cif.ie and they have a list of members from galway, alternatively check the goldenpages.ie
    There seems to be a lot for a small city like ours

• Registered Users Posts: 37 hiagain

Wow, there are tonnes! I was told that there are 4/5 big ones. I am looking for a space for a preschool and I know that once a development is over a certain size, it must have space for a preschool, so thought that I'd give the bigger developers a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Only messing :) Was reading about the developers owing money just now and then saw this thread and thought it was a "Galway First" post.

hiagain, just by googling developers in galway it gave me lots of info & numbers. Did you try that?
    The more you explain what it is that you need the easier it is for us to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 hiagain

Hmm, the Fahy photo thing went over my head there for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Psychobiker

FahyFoto are great. Lovely chaps, as for the other developers :

1. Bankrupt
    2. Bankrupt
    3. Bankrupt
    4. Bankrupt
    5. Bankrupt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

jj rhatigains would be the largest "galway" based development firm in galway .

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kqcregg

JJ Rhatigans are Building Contractors in the main and especially these days.

OP best bet is to actually drive around the area of the city you are interested in and where you see building in progress check the planning permission online. There wont be too many new developments starting up so best bet is something underway. I know of 2 preschool / creche allowances built but empty at present. 1 Clybaun area and 1 in Castlegar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

There's an empty creche facility up at Briarhill near SAP. As far as I know it's purpose built and has never been occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaillimheach

Kenny's, O Malley's, Rhatigan's, Inchagoill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement