Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TF2 Question

Options
  • 25-02-2009 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

I couldn't find a TF2 forum, so I though I would post this here.

Anyway, I am all of a sudden (last few days) getting the below message when I first start TF2. I've never downloaded a hack in my life, so I'm not sure what all the 'cheat' stuff is relating to. Any ideas?

The game seems to be locking a fair bit mid game and I'm wondering if the below could have anything to do with it?
    FCVAR_CHEAT, parent wins)
    Convar r_eyeglintlodpixels has conflicting FCVAR_CHEAT flags (child: FCVAR_CHEAT, parent: no FCVAR_CHEAT, parent wins)
    Convar r_skin has conflicting FCVAR_CHEAT flags (child: no FCVAR_CHEAT, parent: FCVAR_CHEAT, parent wins)
    Convar mat_softwareskin has conflicting FCVAR_CHEAT flags (child: no FCVAR_CHEAT, parent: FCVAR_CHEAT, parent wins)
    Hud element 'CHudTFCrosshair' doesn't have an entry 'HudTFCrosshair' in scripts/HudLayout.res
    Unknown command "cl_thirdperson"
    Can't use cheat cvar cam_snapto in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar cam_ideallag in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealdelta in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealyaw in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealpitch in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealdist in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealdistright in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealdistup in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar cam_collision in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar c_maxpitch in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar c_minpitch in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar c_maxyaw in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar c_minyaw in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar c_maxdistance in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar c_mindistance in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar c_orthowidth in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar c_orthoheight in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Unknown command "sv_backspeed"
    CModelLoader::Map_IsValid: No such map 'maps/none.bsp'
    map load failed: none not found or invalid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Are you using an custom .cfg (config) files?
    Have you edited values like the ones in the error through the console?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

No, I've never messed with the config file. I noticed that when I was logging on to a server it downloaded some content that didn't appear to be a map. Could this be the problem? Also, would I simply delete the config file to get rid of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

While TF2 isn't my strong point, I used custom configs for CS:S.

You will probably have to delete your .cfg files.
    The game is loaded from a .GCF file, which is the game as Valve intended, then (as far as I know) the custom models/configs/huds are loaded in, if they don't exist the game should continue to load as stock.
    Otherwise right click on the game in Steam and Verify Content( or something like that) it may be in the properties section.
    If deleting the .cfg has done any damage the Verify will fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

half life forum is suitable Craddock.

Can you not edit the config file and check the entries listed above?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Like genghiz said,in the game properties verify the integrity of the game cache in the cfg folder remove the config.cfg. check if there are any text files in the scripts folder.

• Advertisement

Guys, where would I find the config file?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Guys, where would I find the config file?

They should be here:

. . . .\Steam\steamapps\[USER NAME]\team fortress source\tf\cfg

Thanks, Sierra Oscar and everyone else!

Advertisement