Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renewing XBOX LIVE question

• 25-02-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, just got my new 12month XBOX LIVE code. The question I have is 'Can I change my Gamertag now? and if so will I lose all my settings?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JokerD wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just got my new 12month XBOX LIVE code. The question I have is 'Can I change my Gamertag now? and if so will I lose all my settings?
    Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think changing your Gamertag costs 8000 Live Points AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

800 points (€10) you won't lose anything but weight from your wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

basquille wrote: »
    Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think changing your Gamertag costs 8000 Live Points AFAIK.

See what I was thinking is that when I first got XBOX LIVE I could obviously pick my tag so if I don't recover my gamertag then i thought I could put in a new one, not too worried about losing my stats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

You can just setup another new live profile with a different name for free but you will lose all your stats {friends, achievement, game points, etc}.
    JokerD wrote: »
    See what I was thinking is that when I first got XBOX LIVE I could obviously pick my tag so if I don't recover my gamertag then i thought I could put in a new one, not too worried about losing my stats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

ShaneU wrote: »
    800 points (€10) you won't lose anything but weight from your wallet.

Please tell me you're joking.

Microsoft will charge you a tenner for this???

Holy crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, I signed up with 'basquille' originally..

Then signed up 'squillerb' as I never got my Free Live trial.

Would like to get it changed - but at the €10 - no chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I had a gamer tag ages ago, about three years. This lapsed due to the card expiring and I never renewed. Would I be able to revive it if I joined up to live again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

My tag is greenballs09 think how i feel as the years go by :-)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I had a gamertag on the original xbox, card long expired. When I try to locate it it says "gamertag does not exist" when I tried to use it it saiys "gamertag not available" and when I tried to retrieve it I got "gamertag expired".

Phoned Xbox Live support and was told that it is in the system and cannot be recycled or retrieved - ie. tough ****.

As for the 10 charge it sucks that it's so high but I understand why it's there. You'd have people changing them daily - it would be a mess. If the price were 2/3 quid I think it would be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Phoned Xbox Live support and was told that it is in the system and cannot be recycled or retrieved - ie. tough ****.

You would have thought that if it was still 'in the system' it could be reactived. If not that should delete it and allow you to set it up again. The 'system' must be filling up with old gamer tags. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement