Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing TV to Wall

Options
  • 25-02-2009 4:53pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I im going to attach a 46" Plasma to the wall. The wall is plasterboard and the battons are too far appart to use. What im thinking about doing is using a stanley knife to cut a large rectangle out of the wall. Behind the plasterboard is brick (ajoining wall of a semi-D). I was then going to put timber on to the brick and finally put the plasterboard back on to the timber. I can then sort out the cosmetics with filler and paint.

Two questions are is this a good approche and what fixings to use to attach the timber to the brick?

TV is 35kg and the mount is about 15kg.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭edward543350

get 10mm threaded rod,nuts, washers cut it into four and then mounted the rod to the brick wall it will give more surport for the telly then the timber

Advertisement