Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floor moving

Options
  • 25-02-2009 5:04pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I sanded and varnished a wooden floor last year in the sitting room. At the time I filled any cracks and gaps in it. I have noticed over the last fe months that some craks have reopened and that in some areas I can see fresh wood that wasn't varnished because it was under skirts. Could this be caused by naturagl expansion and contraction over the winter as central heating and fires are going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

Rew,

Where is the floor, is it first floor or dowstairs, it certainly sounds like contraction over the cold period with the heating on it does open up areas like this, door frames floors, skirting. A job for some flexible caulk possibly ?.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its a downstairs sitting room. I am amazed how much movemnet its a good 10-15mm in spots.

Advertisement