Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new start

Options
  • 25-02-2009 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

not sure if this is the right place to start. there are plenty of great dating sites in Ireland for the heterosexual community. I'm a lesbian and I'm in my 20s i am out of a long term relationship about 6months now and want to join a good dating site. can anyone recommend one to me?

Thanks in advance,

C

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You'll likely get much better answers here I reckon.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭dny123456

i think there is a sister site of gaydar.co.uk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You could try http://www.planetsappho.com or http://www.plentyoffish.com. I think you have to pay for planet sappho, but it's supposed to be good.

gaydargirls tends to be very UK centred.

Your best bet is probably one of the meet-ups organised by sites like gaire, queerid or angrypotato. Their meetings are just that, without the pressure of being 'dating' meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Gaydar is indeed amazing for the UK, but there's obviously not as many Irish people on it and most of the ones that are haven't bothered putting pictures on their profiles.

I'd say check it out anyway, just looked there and there are 300ish profiles in Dublin, less in other cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Hyndsy85

plentyoffish.com.

That would be the best one in my opinion. Lots of good people on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭jady88

dny123456 wrote: »
    i think there is a sister site of gaydar.co.uk

How absolutely appropriate!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭xxlilyxx

Im in the same boat, im 21, a lesbian, from dublin, out of a long term relationship bout 5months now and im ready to start datin again. Queerid is good for the meets although i havnt been to one yet i would love to go, so i recommend that site. Dont like gaydargirls, not many irish on it x

Advertisement