Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennco insurance

Options
  • 25-02-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I got a quote for motor insurance through Britton Insurance and they said that it was through Kennco Ltd in Dublin.

but having checked that, Kennco seem to be a broker as well?
    does anyone know anything about them?

And would getting insurance through a company which may aslo make coffee be a good idea??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

It should be cheaper than Starbucks insurance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Kennco are an underwriting agency who provide admin services for Highway Insurance Ltd, a UK company: http://www.highway-insurance.co.uk/hig/insurance/overview/insurance.

Might be worth comparing your quote here, if you're over 25? No connection other than that I got a quote from Britton, too, and I'm going to run it by the easyquote.ie crowd just to see if there's any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

I just recieved my No Claims cert from my broker. Insurance cert says I am underwritten by ARB, but the cert I got says Kennco on it.

There are so many financial companies tied in together these days im not surprised there are so many names used at different stages!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

The brokers sell the insurance company's policies at a bit of a discount. You're not insured by Kennco, you're insured with ARB and Kennco sold you ARB's policy. For instance, all cars with AA Ireland and Cornmarket motor policies are insured by Royal & Sun Alliance. It's nothing to do with financial companies as such, just a bit of brand marketing. Brokers are just the middlemen - no-one is actually insured by a broker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gardai

Hi all,

A mate of mine works for KennCo Underwriting and she tells me they've got nothing to do ARB.
    They're a company that acts on behalf of big insurers from the UK mainly and who don't have offices in Ireland so this KennCo crowd does all the work of an insurance company. Checked out their website - kennco.ie and it tells you who the big insurers are that they get sole access to for the motor or other insurances. They apparently only deal with insurance brokers though so you can't get a quote direct from them but I hear they have some good prices if you're over 25 and have a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

Gardai wrote: »
    Hi all,

A mate of mine works for KennCo Underwriting and she tells me they've got nothing to do ARB.
    They're a company that acts on behalf of big insurers from the UK mainly and who don't have offices in Ireland so this KennCo crowd does all the work of an insurance company. Checked out their website - kennco.ie and it tells you who the big insurers are that they get sole access to for the motor or other insurances. They apparently only deal with insurance brokers though so you can't get a quote direct from them but I hear they have some good prices if you're over 25 and have a bonus.

thats great and what position do you hold for kennCo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

rocknchef wrote: »
    thats great and what position do you hold for kennCo

:D

Just by coincidence, i was on chill.ie checking quotes and this KennCo crowd where cheapest (about 200 cheaper than my current policy with FBD). The policy details seemed good too (ie breakdown assistance, windscreen cover, no loading of policy until 5 penalty points,a voluntary excess of 300 gives 20% discount,etc )

Never heard of them until today

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mac 3

^^+1

Got my insurance through Chill.ie last year, good deal last year, changed the car, insurance went up if I stayed with Axa, got a good quote from no nonsense and chill matched it, with Kennco..

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

KennCo on Chill are also coming up cheapest (by 200 quid) of any quotes I've got, but it doesn't mention if theres any standard assumptions - there's nowhere to enter claim details and I've had a claim about 2 years ago... a lot of online quotes assume no claims in the past 3/5/whatever years. Just asks for NCB (which I have, real, not protected)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chill.ie (Conor)

Mac 3 wrote: »
    ^^+1

Got my insurance through Chill.ie last year, good deal last year, changed the car, insurance went up if I stayed with Axa, got a good quote from no nonsense and chill matched it, with Kennco..

Hi, glad you had a good expereince with us. KennCO are a relatively new company formed in 2008 and have quite a good reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Hi, glad you had a good expereince with us. KennCO are a relatively new company formed in 2008 and have quite a good reputation.

I changed from hibernian to kennco in june last year based on a brokers adivce (and quote). My policy with kennco is half of what hibernian was. It says on the policy that its highway insurance company or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Miss Sugarbabe

underpants wrote: »
    I got a quote for motor insurance through Britton Insurance and they said that it was through Kennco Ltd in Dublin.

but having checked that, Kennco seem to be a broker as well?
    does anyone know anything about them?

And would getting insurance through a company which may aslo make coffee be a good idea??

I got Comprehensive insurance with Kennco and they are so inefficient. My car got stolen and burnt out this week. They won't pay for it to get towed. They will only pay for it when the insurace comes through. They will not give us a courtesy car either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chill.ie (Conor)

Hi Sugarbabe, Kennco are based in Rathfarnham Dublin, we deal with them quite a lot. And these are not the coffee guys!. Check the article below I wrote a while ago for more... Click here to view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Miss Sugarbabe

I do know that they are not related to Kenco coffee. Myself and my partner are very dissatisfied with the service that they provide. We thought when we got fully comprehensive insurance that Kennco would pick up the burnt out car and provide us with a courtesy car at least but nothing.As we don't have money to get the car removed there is a possibility that we will fined for littering the area where it was burnt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I'v been insured with Kennco for the past 2 years, and have found them good value, and a good company to deal with. The quote they gave me was €120 cheaper than the next nearest quote I got (and I got a LOT of quotes)

I'm a 32year old female, driving an Audi A4 1.9 Tdi, fully comp (with breakdown assist/windscreen insurance etc) all for €380 a year........ You can't say fairer than that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TuttiFruity

Confab wrote: »
    The brokers sell the insurance company's policies at a bit of a discount. You're not insured by Kennco, you're insured with ARB and Kennco sold you ARB's policy. For instance, all cars with AA Ireland and Cornmarket motor policies are insured by Royal & Sun Alliance.
    Sorry Confab but you're not actually correct here! ARB dont sell policies to Kennco - they sell to brokers only and Kennco are not a broker. ARB sell motor policies on behalf of various different insurers in the UK. Kennco sell motor policies on behalf of Highway in the UK. Also not all policies sold by AA Ireland are insured with Royal & Sun Alliance. AA Ireland have a large panel of Insurers at their disposal and as such could sell you a policy underwritten by any one of those insurers depening on you individual details, cover requirements and pricing needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TuttiFruity

Gardai wrote: »
    Hi all,

Some very blatant marketing going on here if you don't mind me saying..... you even knew the correct way to spell their name (ie. with a cap K and cap C) which nobody else knew!!!! Are you sure YOU don't work for them????

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bobbyjoseph

I can tell you something, I do not work for KennCo, I am a first time driver, hopefully qualified in a couple of weeks (driving test). To test the feasibility on this fairly large family car I want to buy, I went around looking for insurance quotes. KennCo contacted me, and the "Comprehensive" quote was frankly amazing. My age may have something to do with it plus EDT etc. I am astounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They were the only insurance company that would quote me as a first time driver at 30 year old. I was refused a quote by 20+ other companies. Even then its was 3.5k but still better than nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

bobbyjoseph, I am sure Kennco is grateful you found a 7 year old mention of them so you could add your review ;)

Putting thread to rest finally.
    If anyone wants to start afresh, feel free to do so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement