Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Hotel/Boarding around Waterford

Options
  • 25-02-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a good boarding place for a dog? Looking for something in June. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Grantstown kennels would be my recommendation. kennels are a good size and the cleaning standards there are extremely good. its on the road parallell to the airport road and their number is in the phone book.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phsyche

you should check out Waterford Today. There's always adds for a petsitters. Might be worth checking out.

We left our dog in a doggie hotel just past buttlerstown roundabout and a week later he was skin and bones and his fur was falling out. When we came to collect him there wasn't even any hay on the cement floor in his tiny cage for him to lay down on.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

Phsyche wrote: »
    you should check out Waterford Today. There's always adds for a petsitters. Might be worth checking out.

We left our dog in a doggie hotel just past buttlerstown roundabout and a week later he was skin and bones and his fur was falling out. When we came to collect him there wasn't even any hay on the cement floor in his tiny cage for him to lay down on.

That's horrible. I just don't want someone we don't know in our house. If it was coming down to that, we would ask a neighbor. But thanks for the info, I would also be really checking out the place before I sent him there as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

sfmonet wrote: »
    That's horrible. I just don't want someone we don't know in our house. If it was coming down to that, we would ask a neighbor. But thanks for the info, I would also be really checking out the place before I sent him there as well.

There are lots of petsitters who will take dogs into their own homes. Espeicially if it is only the one dog that you have. Chance your arm when you ring them. All they can say is no.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danes

Grantstown Kennels would be my choice too. I've been leaving my dogs with them for years and wouldn't go anywhere else. You can arrange to have your dog bathed and groomed during his stay too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 deise69

Danes wrote: »
    Grantstown Kennels would be my choice too. I've been leaving my dogs with them for years and wouldn't go anywhere else. You can arrange to have your dog bathed and groomed during his stay too.

Two recommendations is a good start, any chance you know the prices before I give them a ring? Would suite better to be around in Waterford anyway, since our dog doesn't do well in long car trips.

Thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

think its now 13euro a night for one dog and then the last day is half price. so if ur gone a week say sat to sat it'l cost u around 97.50. have to have regular vaccs and kennel cough vacc.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

Thanks so much for the info Stargirl, will have to check them out!

Advertisement