Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another interrailing question...!!

• 25-02-2009 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi, I'm going interrailing in June and the route at the moment is

Krakow (5 days)
    Zakopane (2 days)
    Zdiar (2 days)
    Budapest (3 days)
    Bled (4 days)
    Ljubljana (1 day)
    Hvar (4 days)
    Dubrovnik (6 days with excursions to Bosnia and Montenegro)

What do people think of that route?!

Also only gonna be getting the train between Zdiar to Budapest, Budapest to Bled and Ljubljana to Hvar, is it worth paying for a ten day pass (€160) or buying 3 separate tickets, 2 of them being for night trains!!

Thanks for the help!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭milkado

nobody??

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭WanderlustQueen

I was interrailing last summer, and we did visit Krakow. I dunno if you'd get a whole 5 days out of it, it was one of my favourite places and it is amazing and cheap, but 5 days is a long time. If i were you I'd shave 2 days off that and go see somewhere else, like Prague since its in the vicinity, Chesky Krumlov in the Czech republic is amazing, and Split in Croatia is absolutely unmissable.

We got a train from Ljubljana to Budapest and it was HELLISH, the trains get worse the more east or south you go. We had to sleep on the floor of a smoking carriage, the toilets didnt work and were overflowing. horrible is not the word! I'd advise you to get the interrail pass cos its good value, and you can change your plans as you want to. on saying that if you have the pass and want to try and get a cabin or book seats you have to pay extra. Either way its a bit of a scramble, be prepared for madness on the trains to or from budapest and avoid the area during the sziget festival!

Hey thanks for the reply!! We were thinking of doing Krakow for 5 days cause we want to visit Auschwitz and the salt mines as day trips but we might change it around a bit!! Not looking forward to that train at all after what you described!!! Think we'll get sleepers, any idea how much they would cost on top of the interrail ticket? We were originally gonna be there during sziget but changed our dates, i'm glad now haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Patrickisperfec

milkado wrote: »
    Hey thanks for the reply!! We were thinking of doing Krakow for 5 days cause we want to visit Auschwitz and the salt mines as day trips but we might change it around a bit!! Not looking forward to that train at all after what you described!!! Think we'll get sleepers, any idea how much they would cost on top of the interrail ticket? We were originally gonna be there during sziget but changed our dates, i'm glad now haha!

10euro, not worth it though because the beds are tiny

10euro, not worth it though because the beds are tiny

would you get a private compartment too for that price though? cause wouldn't have to worry about bags getting stolen then!!haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭WanderlustQueen

I can't really remember how much the cabins were, but they were SO worth it, about €20 or €25 each depending on where you go. I was travelling on a tiny budget but i still found the cabins to be totally worth it, you just wake up and you're in a new place. Its really tough trying to sleep on those chairs no matter how tired you are.
    We found cabins harder to get as we went along, so try book them in advance! There are 2 types from what I can gather, a shared cabin with 8 people, and a private one with 3 beds.
    As for stuff getting stolen, people can still get into your cabin when you're not there, you can only lock it from the inside. So you gotta have someone in there but once you're all inside it grand! And I found them super comfortable, a bit cramped, but you get rocked to sleep which is kinda nice. :D

Oh yeah, Auschwitz and the salt mines take about a day each, although you may realise that you don't really want to spend an entire day in Auschwitz. :/

Advertisement