Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Eircom connection

Options
  • 25-02-2009 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Posting this for a mate, so any help would be appreciated;

Well lads. I’m with Eircom broadband and for the past 3 weeks my internet hasn’t been working at all. Most of lights on the box are lighting up ok (DNS, DSL, Internet). All of them except Ethernet. Normally no.4 lights up but none of them are now. When I checked the network connections in control panel it says that the internet is connected and running. I’ve tried disconnecting everything and reconnecting them again but it doesn’t do anything.
    Would anyone know how to fix this or have any suggestions/recommendations?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Gavin had the same problem a while back myself, try this double click the monitor icon in tray and click properties, when thats done select wireless network, make sure eircom is highlighted and select properties, network authentication should be on wpa2-psk, and data encrypton should be aes, his network key should be entered below this. Make sure he selects apply or save to save the settings.

Advertisement