Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas leaking from KJW Sig Sauer p226 Magazine

Options
  • 25-02-2009 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi lads,
    After a long break in airsoft, I got hold of some green gas for my P226 and to my horror she started bleeding gas from the bottom. Snipersight reckons it's the seals but I'd like to hear from anybody who has dealt with a similar issue before or has a KJW pistol before I either get a new mag or go about getting it repaired (if that's even possible)

The pistol hadn't been fired since October and was completely empty when I filled it last sunday.

Any helpful comments and hypotheses are welcome

(I want my pistol back!:()

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Horse84

Hi lads,
    After a long break in airsoft, I got hold of some green gas for my P226 and to my horror she started bleeding gas from the bottom. Snipersight reckons it's the seals but I'd like to hear from anybody who has dealt with a similar issue before or has a KJW pistol before I either get a new mag or go about getting it repaired (if that's even possible)

The pistol hadn't been fired since October and was completely empty when I filled it last sunday.

Any helpful comments and hypotheses are welcome

(I want my pistol back!:()

That's a common enough problem with those kjw sig mags unfortunately m8 i had similar trouble with my p229. Yours could just have a faulty seal in the gas intake valve alright, i'm presuming u gave it a good shot of silicone and all before u filled it?

Try this link as well dave http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055316209&highlight=p226 it might help u some bit.

I ended up getting my mag replaced but very often with these, the spare mags they produce are of a poorer quality than the one supplied with the gbb in the first place. Hope u get it workin soon!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

I had that very problem, and here's what I did about it. Worked a treat. Improves performance very slightly too, nice action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Same happened me, did a search on here and came accross kev's thread, worked a treat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 A.T.S

Where is the Gas leaking from ?
    the bottom of the mag or the valves ?

1. if its the valve that the hammer hits to allow gas to leave the mag usually a small amount of silicone oil will sort that out by working it into the valve ..

2. if its the bottom of the mag cylinder take it apart and on the inside there will be a large rubber seal around the inside, grease the whole thing following where the rubber seal usually is (dont remove the seal just grease it)

3. if its the valve where the gas is entered into the mag try screwing it out put a small bit of grease and screw it back tight

and that should get you by for awhile

sometimes the rubbers these seals are made from shrink from the cold or none use, by doing what im telling you will allow the rubber to take on rehydration and expand a little more to insure a good seal

if this doesnt work im afraid a new mag is on your agenda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Real Steyr Dave

Thanks for the replies lads :).

Looks like I've some careful experimentation ahead of me....
    It's bleeding out of the bottom of the magazine so it might be a problem with the rubber seal as A.T.F suggested.

Hopefully this will do the trick!
    :rolleyes:

I'll let you know how I get on. A new mag won't be the end of the world though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 A.T.S

It's bleeding out of the bottom of the magazine so it might be a problem with the rubber seal as A.T.F suggested.

you Mean A.T.S ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Real Steyr Dave

A.T.S wrote: »
    you Mean A.T.S ;)

bugger me... I just committed a faux pas there. :rolleyes:

My apologies Mr. A.T.S!

Advertisement