Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork renting

Options
  • 25-02-2009 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hey All,

Simple question - how much do you think I should expect to pay for a double room ensuite in Cork City? The prices tend to vary so much on Daft and gumtree I'm just looking for some guideline to work off.

Opinions from the lovely people from Cork?!

Thanks!

MT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Current Economic Climate, no more than €450 a month. and that is even Pushing it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MT2

Really? For a Dble Ensuite in the city centre?!

I don't mean like Blackpool or Douglas...

Just saw one for 550, and another 500. So you reckon it's just a case of bargaining down then?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Definitely, The Economy is in ****e, and €450 is €450 more than an empty room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Now is the time where you can negotiate the rent. 400 i would have guessed.

Thanks lads, that's good to know.

I'm not sure if this allowed on here but sure I'm sure the mods can delete if not - if anyone knows of any rooms like I mentionned please let me know!

Might not be for straight away but depends on the room.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I pay €330 a month for a double room but it is not ensuite. One of my housemates has a double room ensuite and pays €400 a month (we live in Ballinlough).

Have you set up any email alerts on daft? You put in your price range, area, room type etc and it emails you whenever an ad matches what you put in. Very handy imo :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

it also depends on what type of accomadation.
    A ensuite double in a 2 bed city centre apt is going to be around €500
    In a 4 bed house 350 / 400 should cover it

kingtut wrote: »
    I pay €330 a month for a double room but it is not ensuite. One of my housemates has a double room ensuite and pays €400 a month (we live in Ballinlough).

Have you set up any email alerts on daft? You put in your price range, area, room type etc and it emails you whenever an ad matches what you put in. Very handy imo :)

duno where ballinlough is to tbh.

But I will do that for sure on daft as soon as i know when i'll be coming back for sure.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Wisheress

I negotiated down to 400E recently - so be prepared to do a bit of (reasonable) haggling! G'luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I live in a 3 bed house on the Pouladuff road just outside the city, double room en suite - 360 a month. House is 5 years old and spotless. 450 should be an absolute cap on your rent imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement