Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shinryuken

• 25-02-2009 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, I'm pretty sure I'll look back at this question in a few months and wonder how I never figured this out. Right I'm in my trials, I can do the whole lot so far but this Ultra Combo is a nightmare to pull off. I'm doing the two 1/4 turns with the analog followed by three hits of x and all I'm getting is a 6 hit combo. My meters are full too. Whats going on? Do I have to have an opponent dazed or something. I'm new to SF:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

JokerD wrote: »
    Hi lads, I'm pretty sure I'll look back at this question in a few months and wonder how I never figured this out. Right I'm in my trials, I can do the whole lot so far but this Ultra Combo is a nightmare to pull off. I'm doing the two 1/4 turns with the analog followed by three hits of x and all I'm getting is a 6 hit combo. My meters are full too. Whats going on? Do I have to have an opponent dazed or something. I'm new to SF:D

Bud you don't need to press X 3times. You need to press all 3 punch buttons at the same time. Or go to the options and set one of the triggers as low medium and high punch combined.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

ROC1977 wrote: »
    Bud you don't need to press X 3times. You need to press all 3 punch buttons at the same time. Or go to the options and set one of the triggers as low medium and high punch combined.
    Hope this helps.
    :Dyes I was wondering why it was taking so long. Thanks for taking the time to help me out, appreciate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

One of the buttons is mapped to this function by default aswell i think

LP+MP+HP , same for the kicks.

I think it could be the back triggers or shoulders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

lb and lt are the three punch/kick buttons on the xbox controller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

oh how i laughed when i got the achievement for doing 100 of them , my house mate has some problem :D

default is down to forward on the left stick twice and left button, think of it like taking a practice swing before a haduken ;)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

This game is driving me mad trying to pull off the special moves consistently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

wtf is Shinryuken?
    It's Shoryruken or has something changed?
    tbh wasn't all the impress with SF4...looks more style than substance to me.
    Downloaded SF2 HD remix...ah yes..now that's more like the Streetfighter of old..brings back memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

jayteecork: The inputs are incredibly loose in SF4, more than any other fighter I've played. For example, to dragon punch/shoryuken, you don't even need to press f,d,df,punch, you just need to press df,df,punch. Try that if it makes it easier for you.

And the Shinryuken is Ken's ultra shoryuken.

As for the SF4 vs HD Remix comparisons, they're very, very different games. If you just want to play SF2, stick with HD Remix, but SF4 is a solid game in its own right.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    jayteecork: The inputs are incredibly loose in SF4, more than any other fighter I've played. For example, to dragon punch/shoryuken, you don't even need to press f,d,df,punch, you just need to press df,df,punch. Try that if it makes it easier for you.

And the Shinryuken is Ken's ultra shoryuken.

As for the SF4 vs HD Remix comparisons, they're very, very different games. If you just want to play SF2, stick with HD Remix, but SF4 is a solid game in its own right.

I'll try the DF, DF tonight...interesteing.

To add to that, you dont need to do a full 360 for Zangiefs Piledriver or Running Powerbomb, only B, DB, D, DF, F, UF (or the reverse of that from F to UB) and K or P...makes it much easier.

That's been like that since SF2, though (maybe not the earlier versions but definitely ST). Still very important to know if you play Zangief. Apparently in SF4 it's possible to get his ultra off (720, p) without jumping, there's a 4 or 5 frame gap between hitting ub and the jump going off. Some tourny player on youtube was showing off during a match and pulled off a standing ultra from mid screen. ;p

Even with the ridiculously loose inputs, I'm still having a lot of trouble adjusting to the link combos, though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I cant get used to doing the ultra combos or anything, each time I try to do the 2 1/4 turns on the analog he ends up jumping after the first 1/4 turn, quite frustrating :(

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

This game is on hold until I get an arcade stick.

My telly will be smashed with the pad otherwise.

Moiph wrote: »
    I cant get used to doing the ultra combos or anything, each time I try to do the 2 1/4 turns on the analog he ends up jumping after the first 1/4 turn, quite frustrating :(

For what character? I don't really understand what you're saying here.

For quarter circle ultras, you shouldn't be jumping at all. For Zangief, as I said in the post above yours, it's incredibly difficult to do a standing ultra without buffering it - you can do the 720 motion while blocking, or while another move hits, or while in the air, or while getting up from off the ground.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't like how you can't combo into Zangiefs throws. I can only do the ultra while in the air but it's kind of useless if you can't attack. One of my favourite tactics from the old game was a flying punch straight into a spinning pile driver.

You could never "combo" into his throws, just tick into them (ie do them the frame after hitstun/blockstun is over). You can still tick into it, though it's not quite as easy. The easiest way is focus attack -> ultra, which is guaranteed if the focus attack hits.

Zangief is definitely one of the top characters in the game, still; I still can't beat a decent Blanka for the life of me, but hopefully that'll change with time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

You could never "combo" into his throws, just tick into them (ie do them the frame after hitstun/blockstun is over). You can still tick into it, though it's not quite as easy. The easiest way is focus attack -> ultra, which is guaranteed if the focus attack hits.

Zangief is definitely one of the top characters in the game, still; I still can't beat a decent Blanka for the life of me, but hopefully that'll change with time.

Ticking into SPD in SFIV is alot harder to do, the animation for the grab will randomly come out sometimes and whiff. Reversals are quite easy to pull off too so it's hard to trap somebody with tick -> SPD.

If his SPD could combo, it would be ridic, imagine cr. lk -> Ultra or some bs like that, over half your life gone. His ex Green Hand is all you need for combos anyway.

I think what you meant to say was FADC into Ultra. Focus attack on it's own, bad recovery time.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'll try the DF, DF tonight...interesteing.

To add to that, you dont need to do a full 360 for Zangiefs Piledriver or Running Powerbomb, only B, DB, D, DF, F, UF (or the reverse of that from F to UB) and K or P...makes it much easier.

Well, what I find easiest to use the df, df method is for linking say, Vipers cr. fierce, df, df, ex Seismo. It's more reliable for linking cr. normals.

Have they really changed Zangief's SPD? I'm pretty sure it's the same as vanilla ST. I do standing SPD's like b, db, d, df, f, uf, ub. I don't think they buffed the motion like they did for HD Remix. Supers were way too easy to do, getting trapped with a j. lk, Super with Zangief is also annoying considering how easy it is to execute and the piano-ing is more effective in ST too because of the ex's that randomly come out in SFIV sometimes. :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Well, what I find easiest to use the df, df method is for linking say, Vipers cr. fierce, df, df, ex Seismo. It's more reliable for linking cr. normals.

Have they really changed Zangief's SPD? I'm pretty sure it's the same as vanilla ST. I do standing SPD's like b, db, d, df, f, uf, ub. I don't think they buffed the motion like they did for HD Remix. Supers were way too easy to do, getting trapped with a j. lk, Super with Zangief is also annoying considering how easy it is to execute and the piano-ing is more effective in ST too because of the ex's that randomly come out sometimes. :/

Am certain, do it all the time. Its so easy to do in SF4!

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Ticking into SPD in SFIV is alot harder to do, the animation for the grab will randomly come out sometimes and whiff. Reversals are quite easy to pull off too so it's hard to trap somebody with tick -> SPD.

If his SPD could combo, it would be ridic, imagine cr. lk -> Ultra or some bs like that, over half your life gone. His ex Green Hand is all you need for combos anyway.

I think what you meant to say was FADC into Ultra. Focus attack on it's own, bad recovery time.

I meant focus attack -> crumple, then ultra during the crumple, which I've used before.

edit: maybe that only works with the level 3 FA? not sure...

edit 2: Thewitch and futureguy, you're both saying the same thing, that from F to UB works for an SPD (which is the same as in Super Turbo, not sure if FutureGuy realised that part. The motion hasn't been changed to half-cicle back, forward, punch, which works only in HD Remix.

I meant focus attack -> crumple, then ultra during the crumple, which I've used before.

edit: maybe that only works with the level 3 FA? not sure...

edit 2: Thewitch and futureguy, you're both saying the same thing, that from F to UB works for an SPD (which is the same as in Super Turbo, not sure if FutureGuy realised that part. The motion hasn't been changed to half-cicle back, forward, punch, which works only in HD Remix.

I think might work on a level 2/3 FA. I know what you're saying but you need to dash cancel after a successful level 3 focus attack then Ultra would connect with Gief.

Haha, yeah I'm just talking crap now. Talking about how easy the motions are in HDR compared to SFIV, well easier anyway. I'll stop now. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement