Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

isuzu trooper

• 25-02-2009 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Wondering if anyone can help me. I drive a 2001 isuzu trooper 3 litre. On a recent journey it let me down for the 1st time ever. It just cut out , leaving me thinking i had a dirty diesel filter. After trying to start it twice i realised it was a push job to get it in off the road. After getting help to push i soon saw that it was a more serious matter.(i was greeted with a large pool of engine oil under foot). To cut a long story short when i got it to my mechanic the problem turned out to be that the oil filter was almost unscrewed completly. Last service on the jeep was nine months previous so it's not that the filter was recently handled(i hope). No-one i have asked has ever heard of a filter loosening itself. Can anyone shed any light
    on this?

Don't think i have any enemies-or at least none that would go to the trouble of lying under my dirty jeep ,take of the sump guard and loosen filter.icon7.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

that sounds weird. could it have shaken loose? got a vibration problem from a broken engine mount or anything? thats thats even very unlikely and probably impossible.

is it goin again now?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 scaletec

No, wasn't a mount. Did think of that myself and checked it out-all is o.k. The jeep is running again and to the best of my knowledge it's ok which i suppose is the main thing. Can't just shake the underlying feeling that it was caused by something more serious though. I'd love to be able to get to the bottom of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I'd say it was badly tightened to start with, strange it took so long to loosen itself though. Definitely never heard of this happening before, normally filters are damn near impossible to remove!

I'd definitely keep an eye on it for the next few weeks/months though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

You are lucky it was a 3l trooper.

They need oil pressure to run, as it is oil that creates injection pressure at the injectors.

I would be concerned that the balance shaft may have suffered, it runs in an aluminum housing and has scoring issues at the best of times.

Advertisement