Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prestige 4.5 Litre Slow Cooker

• 25-02-2009 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭

Hi all, does anyone have a prestige slow cooker? Arnotts have them reduced to €39.99 from €64.99. Pretty good value, I think. Looking at the display model, I noticed that the lid did not fit tightly. I wonder it was just a faulty display model or are they all like that. I like the way it has 3 settings - high, low and auto.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prestige-Slow-Cooker-4-5-Litre/dp/B001BB3PNQ

What do boardsies think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Florida susan

according to the advert, it says a tight fitting lid, so it may just be loose as its a display model,
    Mine is not a prestige model but its great, I use it at least once per week if not more often:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

I have one of the old fashioned ones. My Auntie gave it to me about 2 years ago as she hardly ever used it. It must be about 30 years old but in great nick. The first time I used it I realised i didnt really know how! I had it steaming away and was terrified that it would explode or soemthing :D

This is electric right? Sounds alot safer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Deepsense wrote: »
    I have one of the old fashioned ones. My Auntie gave it to me about 2 years ago as she hardly ever used it. It must be about 30 years old but in great nick. The first time I used it I realised i didnt really know how! I had it steaming away and was terrified that it would explode or soemthing :D

This is electric right? Sounds alot safer!
    I think you're probably talking about a pressure cooker? That's a "fast" cooker, not a slow one :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Ah...haha! When I read prestiege I just somehow connected pressure :o

I need coffee. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

thinking of getting one myself, anyone have good reports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Deepsense wrote: »
    I read prestiege I just somehow connected pressure :o

Prestige are mainly known for their pressure cookers, I am surprised they are not more popular. I had about 10 chicken fillets left this morning and I will not be home, turned the hob on at 8am and was sticking 10 cold pressure cooked fillets into the fridge by 8.30.

They are great for tenderising meat and are very energy efficient.

This is the only one I would recommend in argos. http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8610351/Trail/searchtext%3EPRESSURE+COOKER.htm

The others are just crap, poor seals and too many gimmicks, it is the only one I saw getting good reviews, works fine for me.

Advertisement