Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stephen Roche 'Tour De Cure'

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭kerryscoob

jd101 what happened today expected you to burn them.

Some good racing in the Cat 2/3. Would have thought a better turn out but yesterdays sportive may have put paid to some people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭damoz

Well did the 100km (i made it 102km) yesterday, and thoroughly enjoyed it. 3 h 40 min, 28kph average. Was good to chat with vektarman into that headwind out to Youghal !

This was my first sportive and my first time to ride over 100km - decided to do it to build up the distace in preparation for ROK.

Weather turned out to be much better than forecast - no rain, wind not too bad (had to shed a layer or 2 en route). The roads were a mixed bag - sublime tarmac in places, and moon surface in others - but as im in North Cork im well used to it at this stage.

The only food stop i was in was Lismore. I think there were 2 problems from what i could see. 1 - It was set up as an all you can eat buffet - so, you can be sure the first couple of hundred riders will do just that. 2. there wasnt enough food - i got there earlyish, and it was running out - 5 mins later it was gone. (and no - i didnt eat the last sambo ! )

Took a gel (my first ever) in Tallow and it was like rocket fuel - never climbed as well as after Tallow - so must look a bit more into the nutrition side of things.

All in all a good event, and i will do it next year as long as the entrance fee is the same or lower.

Roll on the ROK now.

Edit - forgot to mention the steaming hot shower after in the HQ - i think they kept them quiet as only a couple of wiley souls sussed out where they were. Was almost worth the pain for the shower alone. Cup of tea and sambo and was back to normal in 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

kerryscoob wrote: »
    jd101 what happened today expected you to burn them.

Some good racing in the Cat 2/3. Would have thought a better turn out but yesterdays sportive may have put paid to some people.

No excuses, just a very bad day. At least I got €10 for a prime!

jdt101 wrote: »
    No excuses, just a very bad day. At least I got €10 for a prime!

Not as bad as mine! Just had the most unenjoyable road rash cleaning session there.

James could have been a lot worse,the bike appeared to be ok. You were going well up to then.

jd101 the son got €30 for 5th so he has another few thousand to go before he clears my bill :D:D:D.

I think the league ye are running on Thursday nights is giving him great experience and is a brillant weekly training session.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I have an xl jersey looking to swap for an xxl if there are any takers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

jd101 the son got €30 for 5th so he has another few thousand to go before he clears my bill :D:D:D.

was he in the La Vie Claire kit keryscoob? Strong lad if it was. There was a bit of confusion there today. We were told to pull over when we were lapped. I did and watched the rest of that group ride off with the leader into the prizes. That said, with my sprint I'd have been at the back at the finish anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

Did the 160k on Saturday, my first 100+ of the year. All in all had a good day. Got to the first food stop and was told that there was "loads of grub" so had a few sandwiches and a banana, missed out on cake, it was there when I arrived but was gone when I looked on the way out! TBH I assumed there was more food to be brought out as needed. Then went for a spin with Waterford CC which was nice, the group splintered on the V, I don't know if there was to be a regrouping at the top but four of us carried on to the second food stop (the talk was littered with comments about bruised and crushed nuts! I found if I stood my hands went numb and if I sat went nuts...anyway stood in the pedals most of the way). Only bananas at the second stop, so a banana, a bar of my own and a drink and we left. Six of us did the last 20k at a great pace, I was very happy to be feeling strong enough at the end to keep up.

The marshals were good and always seemed to be at the trickiest spots, the sign posts were easily visible, so I can't complain. Hope to be back next year for my second visit to this part of Cork. Oh! and finished the day with a Midleton Very Rare...mmmm

showry wrote: »
    was he in the La Vie Claire kit keryscoob? Strong lad if it was. There was a bit of confusion there today. We were told to pull over when we were lapped. I did and watched the rest of that group ride off with the leader into the prizes. That said, with my sprint I'd have been at the back at the finish anyway.

Thats him (14yr) I heard the commentator call out 2 numbers and then telling the rest to pull over, himself and another rider kept going because they knew they were in the shake down for spots 5/9.He told me later he was going to unlap himself if the commentator got it wrong when they came around again. Alot of confusion but they had it sorted on the next lap.

What club/kit were you wearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

What club/kit were you wearing.

I was in Dungarvan kit. I backed off when he threatened to pull us all. On the next lap he called out my number and the Midleton lad's and said we were still in the race. I stayed back then cos I was sure that'd give me a decent place but at the end everyone else was still in the race. Our guy who was in second thought there was another lap left and then saw the chequered flag come out.

• Advertisement

showry wrote: »
    I was in Dungarvan kit. I backed off when he threatened to pull us all. On the next lap he called out my number and the Midleton lad's and said we were still in the race. I stayed back then cos I was sure that'd give me a decent place but at the end everyone else was still in the race. Our guy who was in second thought there was another lap left and then saw the chequered flag come out.

It got very confusing towards the end,poor turn out for a very well organised event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

@StephenRocheTDC Stephen Roche TDC

Dates for 2012 TDC will be confirmed by Friday. Big numbers expected in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Jcarroll07

@StephenRocheTDC Stephen Roche TDC

Dates for 2012 TDC will be confirmed by Friday. Big numbers expected in 2012.

will it be in may again?

Just got this on Tweet a short time ago.

TDC date confirmed for Sunday the 13th of May 2012.
    Entry will open in December.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

Just got this on Tweet a short time ago.

TDC date confirmed for Sunday the 13th of May 2012.
    Entry will open in December.:D

jeesus christ, has time suddebnly warped itself, we cant possibly be talking about tdc so soon, doesnt feel much more than a couple of months since I last did it. :eek:

Yep seve time flies, after the Kinsale Lions Club charity Cycle next sat thats my Sportives for the year done, funnily enough it sarted in Kinsale last April 16th with the Spring version of the Same event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

are we talking the same routes again?

All info probably available when registration opens in December.

Advertisement