Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kurt Warner at $10+ million per year?

• 25-02-2009 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I'm one of Kurt Warners biggest fans and his play last season reminded me of those good ol' days with the Greatest Show on Turf.

But to be paid like the top 3 QB's in the league. Is he gonna be as good next year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Elonex

Depends really.

It's a huge risk to take to sign him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

people are talking about a 2-year $22million contract for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

with the 2 wr's they have is it not riskier to let him leave and be just as good with someone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Gubbo

Do you wanna lavish so much money on a guy who as great a year as he's had, is getting on in years.

For some reason it strikes me as kind of similar to Bret Favre. A great year getting the Packers to the NCF Championship, and then the next year with the Jets Father Time caught up with him halfway through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,316 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Gubbo wrote: »
    But to be paid like the top 3 QB's in the league. Is he gonna be as good next year?

Matt Cassell just got franchised, and that means he gets the average of the top 5 in his position. Its worth 14m a year

I think warner is easily worth that money to a team who'll challenge this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Warner was underpaid relative to how he played and how far he got this year.

He might not make it to year two of the contract.

Leinart is as yet unproven as a quarterback.

Cardinals have spare money.

So it makes sense to me anyway. I think he's probably the third best quarterback in the NFL. When you consider that the top three QB salaries according to this list were Roethlisberger, Russell and Romo, then surely Warner's worth that money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,316 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

According to PTI yesterday the 5 highest paid QBs last year were Favre, Manning, Brady, Rogers and Palmer

Whatever about Palmer, Rogers doesn't sound right

Advertisement