Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo on sole of foot?

• 25-02-2009 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I was thinking about getting a tattoo the covers the entire sole of my left foot. Has anyone any experience with getting tattoos there? Where's the best place in Dublin for something like that?

I've also heard a rumour about some tattoo shop in dublin giving free tattoos if you get one on the sole of your foot because it's such a painful spot to get one done. Any credibility to that?

Cheers in advance,
    Lep.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Never heard of any place do a free tattoo on the sole of the foot.

It's really an exercise in futility since it is always in contact with your sock and shoe. It will smudge and the tattoo artist will have to hammer the ink in. Even if you got solid black it will still run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

There's more knowledgable people here that can expand on this, but I believe the general consensus is that tattoos on the sole of the foot will fade very quickly, won't last, and will generally end up looking terrible or disappearing.

As for getting it done for free, when it comes to tattoos, never EVER bargain shop and run a mile from anyone who'll do it for free for weird reasons like the one you mentioned. As the saying goes: good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The message we're trying to get across is, don't get a tattoo on the sole of your foot.

Out of curiousity, what were you going to get, to cover your whole foot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

CianRyan wrote: »
    The message we're trying to get across is, don't get a tattoo on the sole of your foot.

Out of curiousity, what were you going to get, to cover your whole foot?

Jimi Hendrix playing guitar with pyschadelic colours behind him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

could you not get it somewhere else.. some place wont do soles of foot... well could be different in dublin, but they wont do em around here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

A tattoo on the sole of your foot will last very little time. It's like the skin on the palm of your hand, which also will not hold the ink. The problem is the skin there is different, renews more frequently, is generally a little thicker, and sweats more. Like Will said, contact with your shoes/socks will also aggravate it and lead to the ink falling out.

In short: Don't do it, no matter what price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

The only thing I could imagine working and even then it's unlikely is a pointillism piece that was handpoked. The Hendrix idea is never, ever going to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

As well as what everyone else has said, the idea of trying to heal something like that is not pleasant. You wouldn't be able to walk for a week.

Advertisement