Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling Old?

Options
  • 25-02-2009 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Damn kid's and the tinterweb, who the sweeny do they think they are, Me? four years ago.

//Gets slippers and pipe @ ripe old age of 22.

Feeling Old Compared To The Tinterweb 'chung 'wans & 'chung 'fella's? 46 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    58% 27 votes
    GTFO Gramps
    41% 19 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

what are you talking about??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm 17 so no

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

abi2007 wrote: »
    what are you talking about??

I must be old. I haven't a clue either! :pac:

Me too! damn and I thought I was still young.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm 31. Just the other day I found grey hairs.................................... down there. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

By OP'S stats I should be in museam ...or mummified . :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

I don't feel too old. What's this all about anyway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'm 31. Just the other day I found grey hares.................................... down there. :(

Wot - grey rabbits in Australia! :eek:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

If you say you're feeling old at 22, you WANT to be old...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

We can’t bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell ‘em stories that don’t go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. ‘Give me five bees for a quarter,’ you’d say.
    Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Back in my day we had compact discs and colour television. It's all we needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

29 and couldnt give a flying fück. IMO, you age quicker mentally if you worry about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I just turned 25 - the big 'quarter of a century'. i know a girl who cried the whole day she turned 25, seriously hysterical like.

Me - I was 25 and feelin alive!!! the years between 21 and 25 seriously blur by so fast tho its mad,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

18..... So no.

There is something seriously wrong with the world if somebody at age 21 is feeling old .Recession turning all the young younger wans into old men :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

latchyco wrote: »
    Recession turning all the young younger wans into old men :confused:
    Theyre all gettin sex changes:confused:

It's perfectly understandable to feel freaked about getting older, becoming an adult, leaving carefree teen years behind etc... that's extremely reasonable. I'd be surprised if there was anyone who didn't have even an inkling of anxiety about the above... but saying "I'm old" or "I'm feeling old" in your 20s and 30s especially - what sort of idiotic sh1t is that?

seriously op would wana grow up!

I think he's done that already... and grown past his years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

34 and feeling 19. Bring it on baby.

• Advertisement

Theyre all gettin sex changes:confused:
    As long as they dont get gold fish lips to go with the sex changes .That will really pile the years on .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I could do with growing up a bit more tbh. Friends of mine seem to be getting married and doing sensible stuff. However, I still like drinking to excess and laugh at the sound of farts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

yes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

yes :(

Ah why? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Was feeling old compared to many younger boards.ie's not in the real world FFS:rolleyes:

Yiz Shower of tampons.:pac:

Jigsaw wrote: »
    I still like drinking to excess and laugh at the sound of farts.
    You work in an old folks home :confused:
    Volvoboy wrote: »
    Was feeling old compared to many younger boards.ie's not in the real world FFS:rolleyes:

Perhaps they age quicker on the internetz ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Jigsaw wrote: »
    I could do with growing up a bit more tbh. Friends of mine seem to be getting married and doing sensible stuff. However, I still like drinking to excess and laugh at the sound of farts.

And get satisfaction from the look on peoples faces when they smell your farts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm 25. I tells ya the young ones are spoiled these days. I remember the days before we had the likes of YouTube to watch videos and didn't have the choice of nearly every song on earth to listen to and Wikipedia to settle arguments. Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 finnykid

29 and feeling good baby, apart from the grey hairs and footballers getting younger

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Volvoboy.

Advertisement