Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carnegie League in Ireland

• 25-02-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

hi all
    announcements to come soon re this years Carnegie League and a new format for the competition

Exciting times ahead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Care to elaborate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭drzhivago

toomevara wrote: »
    Care to elaborate?

Sorry dont have the details in total

From what i have heard the league will have regular fixtures but also what are being titled GAla DAys where all matches will be in one venue like the Millennium MAgic weeeknd stuff

That way the refs get to see their club teams play, we all get to see everyteam if we want on one weekend

WIN WIN

drzhivago wrote: »
    Sorry dont have the details in total

From what i have heard the league will have regular fixtures but also what are being titled GAla DAys where all matches will be in one venue like the Millennium MAgic weeeknd stuff

That way the refs get to see their club teams play, we all get to see everyteam if we want on one weekend

WIN WIN

Sounds interesting, anything that raises the games profile in Ireland's got to be good.I'd be looking to sell it as a summer game to union players, keep them fit and enhance key skills....Unfortunately I've heard rumours that the northern clubs are going to breakaway from the RLI and do their own thing...I hope not.

Anyhoo, if you hear of any more developments, let us know....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Gonna agree with Toomevara, best chance get the game up is to target the Union lads as a side sport for them.
    Of course the sooner I start playing the sooner the popularity of the game in Ireland will explode :P

amacachi wrote: »
    Of course the sooner I start playing the sooner the popularity of the game in Ireland will explode :P

RLI's secret weapon, who knew...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I think in the past there has been some problems with trying to target union players with the IRFU wanting players to rest during the summer.

RU also don't take kindly to being told that there players will enhance their skills by playing league :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I believe round 1 is scheduled to be played on 16th May with weeks off for the Heineken cup final
    Bring it on!

Advertisement