Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your opinions on Gamesnash

Options
  • 25-02-2009 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭

Wasn't really sure what to call this thread but there was a lot of posts in Bargain Alerts about Gamesnash so heres the thread to continue. I've had no problems with gamenash, they maybe dearer but they certainly aern't "rip-offs".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Swizz wrote: »
    EH no to everything you just said! and you paid 21.51 more so you could get a game a few days earlier?! A fool and his money are soon parted. See below

Play.com dont need to advertise on forums.

XBOX 360 games

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/1011980/-/Product.html?searchstring=alone+in+the+dark&searchsource=0 > http://www.gamesnash.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_25&products_id=758

AiTD off PLAY E12.99 > AiTD off Gamesnash E54.99
    Even though its just gone outta stock I got the one of the last ones, theyll be back in soon
    You save E42 by buying from PLAY!!!!

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/6123604/Assassin-Creed/Product.html > http://www.gamesnash.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_25&products_id=315

Assassins Creed off PLAY is E12.99 and off Gamesnash is E35.99
    off Gamesnash
    You save E23 by buying from PLAY!!!!

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/5541830/Banjo-Kazooie-Nuts-Bolts/Product.html > http://www.gamesnash.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_25&products_id=1010
    Banjo and Kazooie is 32.49 off PLAY and 54.99 off Gamesnash
    You save E22.50 by buying from PLAY!!!!

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/8116000/Brothers-In-Arms-3-Hell-Highway/Product.html > http://www.gamesnash.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_25&products_id=920
    Brother in arms hells highway is E23.49 off PLAY and E56.99 off Gamesnash
    You save E33.50by buying from PLAY!!!!

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/8582004/Burnout-Paradise-The-Ultimate-Box/Product.html > http://www.gamesnash.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_25&products_id=446

Burnout Paradise is E32.49 off PLAY and E49.99 off Gamesnash, and the Burnout paradise that GamesNash are selling for E17.50 more thanPLAYsis the older version and doesnt include all the extra contentthat the copy PLAY are selling has
    You save more than E17.50 (because of the price of the DLC)

Anyone else think that the difference in prices is HUGE and that there are better online sites to buy games such as www.play.com and www.thehut.com, where you can save ALOT of money.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Excellent you've saved me the hassle of retyping the explanation to this thread. In summary though
    You must work for GamesNash, because theyre one of the worst shops in the world, rip offs!

Bad Company for €23.49
    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/3308501/Battlefield-Bad-Company/Product.html

I asked Swizz to start a seperate thread to defend the logic of calling us one of the worst shops in the world. Cian100ww obviously got fed up waiting for Swizz to stop posting in the other thread so here we are ....

Difficult to know where to start but let's start with your original comment. "Worst shops in the world" - throwing up a set of prices does not go anywhere near justifying that comment. We have always been 100% open on our pricing versus the rest of the bigger online retailers you are comparing us with and we don't compete with them on prices. We compete with them on service. You have already said you don't give a damn about our customer service level and that's your personal opinion. The fact though that you don't care about customer service levels does not make us one of the worst stores in the world. Stop and think for a minute about the many many online scam sites / the sites that have no intention of shipping goods, the sites that steal your credit card details, the sites that sell fake and counterfeit goods. A dearer price level than the sites you have compared us to is nowhere near this. :)

I explained why I think Gamesnash are "one of the worst shops"
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054885783&page=31

Now explain why youre games are so expensive. (See above)

Rather than wasting time typing this out I quote directly from our website
    Gamesnash was launched in October 2007 and we have grown steadily ever since. We were and still are gamers ourselves. We saw a gap in the Irish gaming market for an Irish owned and operated business.

What we saw was that there was a huge difference between the prices of high street stores and the larger internet retailers. Gamers had a choice, either to pay the higher price in a shop and have the game there and then or to pay a much lower price on the internet but wait up to two weeks for delivery. Gamesnash has positioned itself as an online retailer shipping from Ireland so that we offer a cheaper price than the bricks and mortar stores but our customers can expect a much shorter delivery time. This can be as short as one working day. More importantly with pre orders in particular because we ship from Ireland BEFORE release day our customers are likely to receive their pre ordered games on the morning of release – no midnight queues and a healthy saving too.

We were originally dismissed by the Irish gaming industry as having no chance to survive but we are still here and still growing! We have grown our reputation as an excellent customer service provider whilst introducing Europe’s first online trade in facility where gamers can trade in their games like they would in a bricks and mortar store. We allow gamers to trade in their games and get credit to use against online prices making us number one for overall trade in value !

We are regularly asked why we do not drop our prices to match some of the larger sites. The truth is that in a lot of cases we can’t match their prices ( we do get very close though! ) as the majority of these sites have based themselves in the Channel Islands from where they sell their goods without VAT. All our prices include where relevant VAT at 21.5%. It is possible that customers ordering goods from these retailers will have to pay customs charges etc. If you were to add the 21.5% vat rate onto the prices you see on our competitors sites you will find we are actually cheaper than them !

We are also asked why do you not base yourself in Jersey etc and provide VAT free prices yourselves. The simple answer to this is that we are quite proud to be Irish, we are proud to be based in and shipping from Ireland and the majority of our business is based on offering the best and fastest service to Irish customers. If we were based in Jersey etc we would have no choice but to offer the same standard service and delivery times as our competitors. Being based in and shipping from Ireland means that we can offer the best service and delivery times possible to our Irish customers.

So let's be very clear here - the above is our business model. It's what we offer our customers. We are 100% open about our pricing. That is taken directly off our own site. In most cases we actually receive less for the game we are selling than your beloved play.com / thehut etc because our price has 21.5% vat added onto it.

I'm not here to debate our prices but I will explain your quote above in a further post. I am here to defend your charge of us being one of the worst stores in the world. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Ive got some very good deals with gamesnash to be fair. Particularly with trade ins. Not fair to compare them to play and other huge internet stores you should be comparing them to the likes of smyths and gamestop i would think?

I explained why I think Gamesnash are "one of the worst shops"
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054885783&page=31

Now explain why youre games are so expensive. (See above)

The only thing you "explained" was to throw out a few price comparisons which you have again quoted above.

As I just posted - a dearer price is not any justification for "worst shops in the world"

Difficult to know where to start but let's start with your original comment. "Worst shops in the world" - throwing up a set of prices does not go anywhere near justifying that comment. We have always been 100% open on our pricing versus the rest of the bigger online retailers you are comparing us with and we don't compete with them on prices. We compete with them on service. You have already said you don't give a damn about our customer service level and that's your personal opinion. The fact though that you don't care about customer service levels does not make us one of the worst stores in the world. Stop and think for a minute about the many many online scam sites / the sites that have no intention of shipping goods, the sites that steal your credit card details, the sites that sell fake and counterfeit goods. A dearer price level than the sites you have compared us to is nowhere near this. :)

Bending my words.
    Then stop posting, youre hijacking the thread! I dont care about their Customer service. I wanna get cheap games and so do the people reading the thread so dont post unless you have a bargain alert!

Also just found these bargains for the 360
    Battlefield; BC €17.93 and €1.25 posting
    http://www.thehut.com/hut/9966398.product

Mirrors edge €21.43 + €1.25 posting
    http://www.thehut.com/hut/9992056.product

By "their Customer service" I was talking about your customer service after Cian was talking about how great your Cust. Service is.

Now youre talking about scam sites, pathetic. Come on, seriously!!! IMO and many others Gamesnash is a scam site compared to Play.com and thehut.com because of your prices. Which you still havent explained why theyre so high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Is there any retailer in Ireland that can match Gamesnash's pre-order record ?? I've received new release games before the release day from Gamesnash. Thats very hard to beat.

AWWW JEEZ

Everyones posting at the roughly the same time.

• Advertisement

Bending my words.

By "their Customer service" I was talking about your customer service after Cian was talking about how great your Cust. Service is.

Now youre talking about scam sites, pathetic. Come on, seriously!!! IMO and many others Gamesnash is a scam site compared to Play.com and thehut.com because of your prices. Which you still havent explained why theyre so high.
    If you had one ounce of common sense you would have gone to Gamesnash's profile here and looked at their previous posts where in many places you will find why they are sometimes dearer than other retailers.

The argue started when I clearly pointed out in a GAME BARGAINS thread, where you post details of cheap games, that PLAY had better deals and you could save money and now youre talking about pre-order records and the best in Ireland

:eek:

The only thing you "explained" was to throw out a few price comparisons which you have again quoted above.

As I just posted - a dearer price is not any justification for "worst shops in the world"

In a different context, talking about prices, in a thread called GAME BARGAINS

Bending my words.

I have not bent your words at all. You have made a statement that we are one of the worst stores in the world. Your only justification so far is based on pricing. In the other thread when Cian mentioned our service you told him you did not care - that it was the bargain alerts thread.

Now is it your position that you were referring solely to our ability to provide worthy additions to the bargain alerts thread ? That's a seperate debate in itself.

It is not pathetic to talk about scam sites etc when somebody is accusing you of being one of the worst sites in the world.

So which is it - are we one of the worst sites in the world in general or on bargain pricing ?

Then you should have said " one of the worst sites in the world " for bargains. ;)

Then you should have said " one of the worst sites in the world " for bargains. ;)

In a thread call Game Bargains, I didnt think Id have to.

Heres one of there posts regarding the price difference, of course though you probably already read it as I posted a link to the topic on one of my posts in the bargain thread.
    The main issue we have is our price includes 21.5% vat - on most titles with the vat taken out we are cheaper than play.com - the 21.5% is the price a customer is paying for it to have that head start in the postal race. Look for example at Silent Hill Homecoming also released this Friday. We're €53.99 which is about €44.00 plus vat. Play are at €51.99 - they are getting an extra €8.00 in their pocket for that game thats €2.00 cheaper to you. We could start shipping out of Jersey ourselves but we'd then have the same postal time as the others. We're probably never going to be able to match their prices whilst based in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Speak for yourself.

Gamesnash.ie fill a niche for me. They're more expensive then play.com, cheaper then high street and delivery next day. They're the Irish equilvant of gameplay. You buy from them for pre-orders and when they have bargains.

Play.com are awesome for price and selection but slow for delivery. You buy from them when you don't mind waiting for the game or want an old game thats hard to find in the shop.

By saying they're the worst shop implies they offer poor customer service, delivery or rip you off (take payment but no goods).

Swizz maybe you should have backed up why they were the worst shop and give context rather then links e.g Gamesnash.ie are one of the worst online retailers for bargains considering play.com and thehut.com are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Swiss. Just quiet down alright?

The rep on this board has never been anything other than honest about their dearer prices (they are based in Ireland after all) and we all know there may be cheaper alternatives but then you may have to wait 6 or 7 working days from the likes of play.

No one forces you to shop there.

Then you should have confined yourself to commenting on game bargains.

Your full quote was ...
    You must work for GamesNash, because theyre one of the worst shops in the world, rip offs!

It's those two words at the end that betray your position. You can argue until you're blue in the face that you were commenting on gaming bargains alone - we could even accept that what you meant in the first part of the sentence was "because they're one of the worst shops for bargains in the world " and I would have said fair enough misunderstanding ...

BUT you tagged on "rip offs" at the end. Now that's nothing to do with bargains or a lack of bargains - that's a comment about us in general. It is my opinion and I am sure nearly everybody who reads this thread that you've been picked up on it and now you are trying to back track and say you were only referring specifically to bargains.

• Advertisement

And just for the sake of being thorough in my responses ....

Your first post where you commented on different prices. It's very very easy to trawl through sites and find the worst price differences to compare.

Every site has it's own sales, special offers and circumstances that might lead to prices being dropped ( aside from the vat differences etc ) You can go to every Tesco / Dunnes and Superquinn and see different special offers every week which mean the other 2 are a lot dearer for that product that particular week. It does not mean though that the other two are rip offs in general.

At the same time though your comparison for assassins creed is a) wrongly priced - its €22.49 on play not €12.99 and you compared the classics version to the full covered version we are selling. I'm sure you can find another comparison to replace it and I accept that you can so there is no need to run off but just wanted to clear the inaccuracy up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

O hai Gamesnash :) It's Cow Moolester

I can honestly say Gamesnash is one of the best online retailers I've dealt with. And reading earlier posts in from them in this thread, I would say I'm glad to support an Irish business.
    The way I see it, Gamesnash isn't here to directly compete with Play.com or any other big online game retailer ot brick and mortar stores. They are sort of in between. They are cheaper than brick and mortar stores here, but more expensive than Play.com or other big sites BUT it offers more convenience because you know your order will be faster than a UK or EU retailer.

I'll give you an example, I'm a member of a gaming site based in Ireland where Gamesnash has provided superb customer support to us and listened to our suggestions. Nearly all of us had GTA IV pre-ordered from Gamesnash. On the morning it was released, an issue arose with An Post that they couldn't deliver the games on the morning. So Gamesnash took it upon themselves to hand deliver the pre-orders to all of us. Needless to say, I had GTA IV before I left for school at 8:30 :)

It's not very often that you get a local company that actually cares about it's customers and offers prices below that of the multi-national game stores we have here...I'm glad to support them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

I waited 2 and a half weeks for LBP, pre-ordered from gamesnash. They're terrible.

Just joking. Waited 2.5 weeks from play.com. Never shopping there again. Or on cdwow either. Order 8th December. Get 30 December. And it was the US version of warhawk.

Just wish I had shopped gamesnash. And its patriotic!
    And in the current economic climate, gamesnash are going to have to change their prices, either up or down.

If I'm ever buying online its gonna be gamesnash.

@gamesnash: do you have warhawk(ps3 and PAL) in stock?

O hai Gamesnash :) It's Cow Moolester

I can honestly say Gamesnash is one of the best online retailers I've dealt with. And reading earlier posts in from them in this thread, I would say I'm glad to support an Irish business.
    The way I see it, Gamesnash isn't here to directly compete with Play.com or any other big online game retailer ot brick and mortar stores. They are sort of in between. They are cheaper than brick and mortar stores here, but more expensive than Play.com or other big sites BUT it offers more convenience because you know your order will be faster than a UK or EU retailer.

I'll give you an example, I'm a member of a gaming site based in Ireland where Gamesnash has provided superb customer support to us and listened to our suggestions. Nearly all of us had GTA IV pre-ordered from Gamesnash. On the morning it was released, an issue arose with An Post that they couldn't deliver the games on the morning. So Gamesnash took it upon themselves to hand deliver the pre-orders to all of us. Needless to say, I had GTA IV before I left for school at 8:30 :)

It's not very often that you get a local company that actually cares about it's customers and offers prices below that of the multi-national game stores we have here...I'm glad to support them :)

Howdy Cow ! Long time no see - really must swing by your place tomorrow. :) To be fair we did not hand deliver all over Ireland :D just to one particular area of Dublin that we had been tipped off there may have been an issue with. GTA4 was our first big test in terms of how we would be received by the Irish gaming community so we weren't taking any chances at all !

giggsy664 wrote: »
    I waited 2 and a half weeks for LBP, pre-ordered from gamesnash. They're terrible.

Just joking. Waited 2.5 weeks from play.com. Never shopping there again. Or on cdwow either. Order 8th December. Get 30 December. And it was the US version of warhawk.

You just know the first line of that will end up in a google search result :P

I don't understand why anyone would say they're the worst retailer, just look at the above posts, that are one of the best in the world and THE best in Ireland IMO.

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I don't understand why anyone would say they're the worst retailer, just look at the above posts, that are one of the best in the world and THE best in Ireland IMO.

Mine too but I'm biased :D

Seriously we're very very proud of our reputation and service level - that's why we're so willing to get on here and defend ourselves when criticised. ( Of course if we've made a balls of something and the criticism is deserved we will be just as quick to get on and say sorry too ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

You just know the first line of that will end up in a google search result :P

Really???

Well then.
    Hi! I'm Barry Scott**. You like games? Then try The Kitchen Gun play.com. They are 111000000090750* times better than gamesnash**. And gamesnash are involved with torture!!**

*Rough Estimate
    **May not be true.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There can be more to a bargain than raw price alone. Quality and value for money have to be taken into account too. There are online retailers out there that sell games very cheap and can leave you waiting a week, or several weeks in some cases. There are bricks-and-mortar retailers that sell much more expensively but you can walk out with the game there and then. And then there's gamesnash who sell games generally cheaper than bricks and mortar, and often only a euro or two more than the cheaper online shops, and generally get it to you the next day.

I'll always remember the GTA4 launch, when there was going to be a problem with one postal area (local strike I think?), so someone from gamesnash hopped in the van and drove around delivering. I wasn't one of the people affected, but I certainly took note, that kind of dedication to service is very hard to put a value on. Try getting play.com to do that :)

EDIT: Holy Sh1t, Purple Cow must be in my head :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I have to say, I had never heard of gamesnash before..... but that van story certianly turned my head. That was mighty cool of them.

I wouldve paid an extra 6 euro for street fighter 4 if i'd known they do next day delivery too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement