Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your opinions on Gamesnash

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

stevenmu wrote: »
    EDIT: Holy Sh1t, Purple Cow must be in my head :eek:
    Haha I mentioned that in the bargain thread, both of you must be in my head :P
    Oh btw gamesnash, do you reckon you'll have The Godfather 2 for the 360 in on time for maybe a day before release delivery :D:D I think I'm probably pushing it a bit too much :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Swizz wrote: »
    I explained why I think Gamesnash are "one of the worst shops"
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054885783&page=31

Now explain why youre games are so expensive. (See above)

fair play man, they are a rip off , so what if they through a 1 euro off voucher to boards members every once in a while it, there still a foookn rip off.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Haha I mentioned that in the bargain thread, both of you must be in my head :P
    Oh btw gamesnash, do you reckon you'll have The Godfather 2 for the 360 in on time for maybe a day before release delivery :D:D I think I'm probably pushing it a bit too much :eek:

Should't be any different than normal - stock into us usually on Wed - if its in time for the afternoon post run it will ship that day.

Should't be any different than normal - stock into us usually on Wed - if its in time for the afternoon post run it will ship that day.
    Brilliant thanks, hopefully I'll get ordering it, RAG weeks coming up though so I'm gonna broke after it, you guys do credit :P (only jokin, obviously;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

check this for a rip off on gamesnatch

Alone in the dark xbox 360

Play.com 12.99

Snatch 54.99 oh and just to add it was 64.99

your a disgrace

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Purple Cow you say?

I'd also like to reaffirm my love for Gamesnash

Please see here

They <3 me :)

fair play man, they are a rip off , so what if they through a 1 euro off voucher to boards members every once in a while it, there still a foookn rip off.

Was waiting for you to turn up - what kept you :D mr nevaeh-2-die-4's hobby is not understanding what anyone else explains to him about Gamesnash's pricing. Words of wisdom will no doubt be forthcoming but that's a night for me. Will pick this up in the morning :)

edit - word of wisdom have already been spouted but nice of you to use the same price comparison as Swizz ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

tbh,seriously,IMHO,the way of gamesnash doing their business is truly what i'd call it a 'real' businessman,which is extremely rare to find that in this country.*speaking as a foreigner have seen quite some places/know about the real world business*

gamesnash will have their big success in no time if they can keep it up like that,let more people know about it and when people realise how rip off of the shops on the street.

but like someone have said above,the VAT thingy screw up the high price tag,the price will always be beaten by play.com etc tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Haven't read the other thread but I have purchased from Gamesnash a few times and made multiple inquires to them and have to say I found them absolutely first class.

When I did purchase from them they were offering the cheapest prices and when I didn't I found cheaper elsewhere I e-mailed them first to see would they price match, promptly received an explanation as to why they couldn't. The reason I offered them a chance to pricematch was because of their quick delivery and excellent customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Might I add that have the complainers not realised that Play.com can afford to offer those games so cheap is because they don't have VAT on them AND that since it's so big they can buy them in bulk directly from the distributor resulting in a significantly lower price? Gamesnash is a Small-medium sized business. They are at the mercy of wholesalers who charge significantly more to smaller retailers to supply games. That is why prices are higher than Play.com.

• Advertisement

I think I'll just rename this thread to the Gamesnash appreciation thread, anyone agree ?? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Purple Cow you say?

I'd also like to reaffirm my love for Gamesnash

Please see here

They <3 me :)

I'll just quote the above since it contains a link to the thread on exiledgamers.com

Sift through it, they are no negative comments in that thread about Gamesnash and any problems anyone has had on the site they have done everything in their power to ensure they were resolved with good delivery times.

Worst store in the world is extremely harsh (putting it politely :P )

I have bought several games from them and never had a problem. They have very good offers on games (obviously not all games but find a store that does) and they have excellent delivery times.

More to the point they are Irish and so you can't be done for import duty like you should be paying on games you order from other sites where you should be paying vat when it enters the country from abroad.

They also accept debit card purchases unlike a lot of sites so it doesn't have to go on your credit card and sites like gamesnash offering this method of payment is invaluable to kids and students who can't or don't have credit cards. Since this is a large percentage of the gaming community, it is a very good service to have available.

Oh going to add that more than one person has stated they offer good value on traded in games compared to the likes of gamestop here so I don't know how they can just be declared a rip off. They are making more of an effort to provide a good service than most Irish stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Swizz wrote: »
    By "their Customer service" I was talking about your customer service after Cian was talking about how great your Cust. Service is.

Now youre talking about scam sites, pathetic. Come on, seriously!!! IMO and many others Gamesnash is a scam site compared to Play.com and thehut.com because of your prices. Which you still havent explained why theyre so high.
    check this for a rip off on gamesnatch

Alone in the dark xbox 360

Play.com 12.99

Snatch 54.99 oh and just to add it was 64.99

your a disgrace

Seriously Lads, there's no gun to your head forcing you to buy from any site.
    If your happy to wait a week or two at least after release date and save a few quid thats fine.

I've never bought a game of Gamesnash due to my not trusting ANY online store to have it delivered on launch day. (And I've bought 000's worth of software and hardware online to save a buck.)

I've spent hours driving around for new releases earlier trying to get them on the eve of release or the morning of.
    But based on Gamesnash, (as far as I can see flawless,) record to deliver big releases on day of release on day of release, or even earlier - I will absolutely be ordering from them in future.

I guess its all about priorities. If cheap and 3 weeks after release is ok by you, pick Play. If the going rate and being delivered on or before release date is what you want then Gamesnash seem to fill that niche.

But to label a site or business a scam or pathetic for charging the going rate vs bricks and mortar and the online store delivers on the day or even before is imho ludicrous.

Also to compare Alone in the dark on price point makes no sense at this date, sure if you were so intent on getting it on the lowest price, you'd walk to the nearest gamestop (saving on busfare,) pick it up for 10Eur and walk back to your bedsit beaming at joy with your saving, ( a whole 2.99,) vs buying it on play?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I have only brought off then once, but it was GTA 4 on release day at a good price. Play.com on the other, well I was waiting for at least 2 weeks for ut3 (pc) after release date. It's worth going with Gamesnash.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Gamesnash get a thumbs up from me. Excellent all round customer service (v.friendly and almost instant replies) and really quick delivery.

If there is a new game coming out that you want asap you have 3 options.

1. Buy from a bricks & mortar retailer. You'll get it on day of release but it will be expensive.

2. Buy from Gamesnash. It will be cheaper than buying from a shop and you'll have it on the day of release.

3. Buy from a larger online retailer. It may well be cheaper than Gamesnash, but you will most likely have to wait for it.

It just depends what you are after. I dont understand this anger fueled rant at Gamesnash ? Seems strange. If you dont like them, dont buy from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

bios_townspeople_krusty.gif "I heartily endorse this event or product."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Used them twice, both times got the game delivered to my door within 2 days, at good prices. So thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Yeah I have to give the thumbs up as well. I got SFIV from them last week for 42 including postage a day before release. I also got fallout 2 and homeworld 2 for 3.50 each including postage.

My only gripe would be that the stock range isn't as big as some of the other stores especially for pc games. But I imagine it's risky to order in a huge amount of items.

On that note, any chance of getting Cryostasis for pc in ;)? I know it just got 6/10 on Eurogamer but I still want to get it.

Yeah I have to give the thumbs up as well. I got SFIV from them last week for 42 including postage a day before release. I also got fallout 2 and homeworld 2 for 3.50 each including postage.

My only gripe would be that the stock range isn't as big as some of the other stores especially for pc games. But I imagine it's risky to order in a huge amount of items.

On that note, any chance of getting Cryostasis for pc in ;)? I know it just got 6/10 on Eurogamer but I still want to get it.

Case quantities at wholesale level are generally 12-15 at a time so we can't afford to carry every single title out there - we try and pick the titles that have most demand and carry them. PC games are not that popular verus consoles so the pc end of things is something we are treading very carefully with at the moment.

That said we have other channels / partners to source stock through so usually we can get our hands on any game thats still available from publishers. Will see what I can do for you.

Thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to come in here and post positive feedback. Really appreciate it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm actually stunned by the negativitity towards gamesnash.ie. Truely stunned. Guys, they are an online store. Somes of their prices are going to be better and some are going to be not as good. That's business.

The fact is, they are consistently cheaper than alot of their rivals on the games that truely matter and you get your games on the date of release (and on many occasions, you get the game a day early).

How many times have we had to wait for Play et al. to send stuff? I have received games days after release from such companies.

Even if gamesnash were 3-5 euro more expensive, I would buy from them, simply because I know I'm not going to get any cr@p or any excuses, just my game on time and for much cheaper that my local store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

They're one of the very few etailers that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to people.
    As has been said many times, they're the absolute bees knees if you want a game delivered to you on or before release date. If I hadn't moved to the UK where stuff from play actually arrives on release day, I would have most definitely started using them for every big new release.

Worst store in the world??? are you having a giraffe!!?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

tman wrote: »
    They're one of the very few etailers that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to people.
    As has been said many times, they're the absolute bees knees if you want a game delivered to you on or before release date. If I hadn't moved to the UK where stuff from play actually arrives on release day, I would have most definitely started using them for every big new release.

Worst store in the world??? are you having a giraffe!!?!?!?!

+1

In London myself, but if I was at home, I'd be using ye guys as well. Keep up the good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Kirby wrote: »
    I have to say, I had never heard of gamesnash before..... but that van story certianly turned my head. That was mighty cool of them.

Mine too.
    Had heard of them here but knew that they were more expensive but dedication to customer service needs to be rewarded.

They are now on my check before buy list

GamesNash, by the end of this thread I think that you will be thanking Swiss, for all the positive publicity that you have gotten for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I remember ordering 3 games from Gamesnash when they first started and they sent them all together. I said I was going to have to take a day off work to collect them from An Post collection centre as it didn't fit through my small letter box and they read the post on the thread and offered to bring them to my work place themselves when they came back to them.

And this is from a website!

I had already booked the day off work but anybody saying they are out to rip people off don't know how the game sales market works.

They have very clearly and openly stated why their prices are higher on the thread on exiledgamers quoted earlier and probably again on here a few times.

They are a small enough website at the moment so they don't get the same discount play.com get as they aren't ordering as many copies. If you look at most wholesale sites they offer discounts when ordering more than 10 copies and they'll offer a bigger discount if you order 20 copies etc...

So inevitably Play being the popular site it is, it will get bigger discounts. It isn't rocket science, its the reason Tesco is cheaper than your local newsagent too.

Despite not being as big as these guys, they offer a great service and are competitive on prices to most Irish stores. I honestly don't see where all the hate is coming from.

Mine too.
    Had heard of them here but knew that they were more expensive but dedication to customer service needs to be rewarded.

They are now on my check before buy list

GamesNash, by the end of this thread I think that you will be thanking Swiss, for all the positive publicity that you have gotten for free

Ha - the old "there's no such thing as bad publicity" nugget :D

have to say it's very good I think we're winning 19-2 at the moment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I'll give my opinion in 2 weeks on whether i got my RESi5 on friday or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Well i got Killzone 2 today. So I'm happy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Quick question gamesnash. I know that you have a certain policy regarding stocking PC games etc. But why aren't you stocking Empire:total war? Its a new game and is pretty popular so it seems like a sure bet.

It's out on Tuesday and If it was available from your store for delivery on release day I would definately get it.

• Advertisement

Hi Kirby,

Funnily enough we had another request for that today but the Irish distributors are not carrying the title.

The PC games in general is something we have to be really careful on. It's not so much a policy as a practicallity. Basically PC games sell very poorly versus consoles at retail. Most console games even if it is something we are not carrying generally ourselves we can order it in specially and there's generally no problem ordering a couple of units

However PC games - unless they are a huge release - are usually something we have to put a special order for an entire case of 12-15 units at a time because we would be the only independent retailer in Ireland looking to carry it. So unless we can order a couple of each title its unfortunately something that we have to avoid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement