Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your opinions on Gamesnash

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I see, and I understand. However, I'm pretty sure that 12 units of empire : Total war will sell. Just a thought.

Ill probably end up going to my local store to pick it up as I don't fancy waiting 2 weeks for to arrive if I went with Play.com.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

It's a rock and a hard place for us -

Here's how we are looking at it. Cost price for that title is approx €30.00 and we'd make a profit of approx €3.00 on each unit. Thats allowing for credit card fees / postage / packing costs etc.

So let's say we manage to sell 10 of them - make €30.00 profit and are left with 2 titles we paid €60.00 for. If we sold the last 2 in a few months at half price to get rid of them we'd end up just about breaking even.

Get left with 3 - we're in trouble
    Get left with 6 - let's look at closing down ;)

I know that's only the one example but take that across I think we have 1400 products on the site now. If we were not very careful about what we took in / carried we'd be gone by now. We've not got huge cash reserves behind us so there's only a certain amount of titles we will overstock on :D

We make that decision on every title that is being released. How many are we likely to sell, how many do we have to buy to cover that sale and what does it leave us with after......

( that might sound a bit strange but to clarify when I say how many do we have to buy again its about case quantities, we say we will sell 100 Halo Wars but they come in cases of 15 - do we buy 6 and leave 10 potential lost sales - do we buy 7 and possibly get stuck with 5 units etc )

Swizz earlier in the thread was comparing alone in the dark which play are now retailing at €12.99 - in their case they might be down to the last 50 but sold 10,000 before hand at full price so in the greater scheme of things they are making profit on the title as a whole.

Have to say I'd love to be that big and in that position :D but until then we have to show a bit of restraint - Of course the busier we are getting the easier it is to carry more stock etc so all I can say is availabillity is literally improving as fast as our customer base is growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I get you. Totally understandable. Profit margins and all that.

You've got a new customer here anyway. To be honest I had never heard of you guys before, probably coz your advertising budget is relatively small. :D But I'll keep an eye on your site from now on for new releases. Fed up with waiting weeks for Play.com and the idea of release day deliveries appeals to me.

Kirby wrote: »
    I get you. Totally understandable. Profit margins and all that.

You've got a new customer here anyway. To be honest I had never heard of you guys before, probably coz your advertising budget is relatively small. :D But I'll keep an eye on your site from now on for new releases. Fed up with waiting weeks for Play.com and the idea of release day deliveries appeals to me.

Yep - one of their tv adverts would pay for our years advertising lol. Word of mouth is our biggest advertising force at the moment - no budget needed for that other than making sure the service is delivered right :)

Delighted to hear you'll give us a try.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Street Fighter IV, posted yesterday, received today. Excellent service guys, I'll be using you again and you have my Resi 5 preorder.

Now if only you could do something about my family who took the time I was away in college all day yesterday to move all my videogame stuff out of the room and knock the walls down :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Now if only you could do something about my family who took the time I was away in college all day yesterday to move all my videogame stuff out of the room and knock the walls down :(

I can only assume through reviews here, that Gamesnash's customer service is second-to-none, but that kind of customer service requires kills4cash.com

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Street Fighter IV, posted yesterday, received today. Excellent service guys, I'll be using you again and you have my Resi 5 preorder.

Taking the video game stuff out - ok
    Knocking your walls down ?? that's just uncalled for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

When will you be taking pre orders for Legends of Wrestlemania?

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    When will you be taking pre orders for Legends of Wrestlemania?

Sorry we did not carry this title and at this point we would not be able to get stock in time to dispatch this as a pre order. We could look at getting some stock in for next week alright but you're talking late next week for delivery.

If we are asked about any title up to the week before release date we can usually get stock in for pre release day dispatch but all orders that are coming into us tomorrow we have to have finalised late last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

It aint out till March 20th though as far I as know? Would that be enough time?

• Advertisement

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    It aint out till March 20th though as far I as know? Would that be enough time?

Sorry - you're absolutely right it has been delayed. It was originally set for 6th March. If we're not carrying the title we don't pay that much attention to release date changes for it so I was looking at some old info.

Will have it available on the site by tomorrow morning. Just need to confirm pricing with THQ's distributor.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Will you be getting the new UFC game in. Dont think its out till May though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Word of mouth is our biggest advertising force at the moment - no budget needed for that other than making sure the service is delivered right :)

Delighted to hear you'll give us a try.

You're right there with 'word of mouth'

Due to reading all the lads responses I've just gone ahead and ordered Resi5 from yous :)
    Not because its cheaper, but because I trust the opinions here and there has been nothing but good word :):D
    Also, it helps if we support an Irish company as opposed to a larger one like PLAY or CDWOW so that they may grow even bigger, and then be able to grow and provide an even better service at a cheaper price ;):D

Good luck with the business lads, I'll make it a point to buy all my games off you, assuming yous have them in Stock :cool:

I would've also bought Empire: Total War and HAWX for PC , but only the PS3 and 360 versions were on the site.

** Also, can I make a slight suggestion, to put your Upcoming preorder releases further up the page, or make a link on the left hand side. I didn't realise it was all the way at the bottom of the main page unitl after i trawled through most of the site :P **

Johner wrote: »
    Will you be getting the new UFC game in. Dont think its out till May though.

Sorry for delay in responding guys looks like an email for a thread update slipped by unnoticed. :)

Yes we will be carrying UFC 2009 last we heard it was due out 29th May.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You're right there with 'word of mouth'

Due to reading all the lads responses I've just gone ahead and ordered Resi5 from yous :)
    Not because its cheaper, but because I trust the opinions here and there has been nothing but good word :):D
    Also, it helps if we support an Irish company as opposed to a larger one like PLAY or CDWOW so that they may grow even bigger, and then be able to grow and provide an even better service at a cheaper price ;):D

Good luck with the business lads, I'll make it a point to buy all my games off you, assuming yous have them in Stock :cool:

I would've also bought Empire: Total War and HAWX for PC , but only the PS3 and 360 versions were on the site.

** Also, can I make a slight suggestion, to put your Upcoming preorder releases further up the page, or make a link on the left hand side. I didn't realise it was all the way at the bottom of the main page unitl after i trawled through most of the site :P **

Thanks for the feedback - It's been 99% good word or this thread probably would not have been here :D

That's a very fair point about the positioning of the upcoming releases. We'll certainly look into it. Thanks

BTW Your Resi 5 is on the way ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

SeantheMan wrote: »

Nail on proverbial head.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Nail on proverbial head.

And pretty much a word for word extract from our business plan too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

And pretty much a word for word extract from our business plan too :D

It's working too - I've just placed my first order with you (for RE5) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

RonanC wrote: »

Me too, i've been hearing a lot of good things about the site recently. i work 9-5, couldnt be arsed going out and getting resi 5 in the shops, so i ordered it from gamesnash, and should have it by friday, the latest :D

RonanC wrote: »
    thorbarry wrote: »
    Me too, i've been hearing a lot of good things about the site recently. i work 9-5, couldnt be arsed going out and getting resi 5 in the shops, so i ordered it from gamesnash, and should have it by friday, the latest :D

Thanks for giving us a try and thanks again to all those who have given us positive feedback here leading to both of your orders. Appreciate it.

• Advertisement

Thanks for giving us a try and thanks again to all those who have given us positive feedback here leading to both of your orders. Appreciate it.

got the confirmation email today saying my order has been shipped, i'll be using yis for all my launch games in future

thorbarry wrote: »
    got the confirmation email today saying my order has been shipped, i'll be using yis for all my launch games in future

Got the same, looking forward to vegging out on it this weekend :)

Game arrived this morning at 9am,whole day before release day...makes me wanna go to game and ask for a copy...and then slap them with mine when they say no !!!! :P Its in perfect condition :):D

Excellent Job Gamesnash !! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Same here.

Once again Gamesnash - delivers (no pun)

Mine arrived too..... dam, why do i have to be in work, suddenly i dont feel well, i must be coming down with something hehe

Obviously we blame An Post for being more efficient than normal ! ;)

Obviously we blame An Post for being more efficient than normal ! ;)

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Alright just got it today in the post, so gamesnash rules.

I'll give my opinion in 2 weeks on whether i got my RESi5 on friday or not.

Alright just got it today in the post, so gamesnash rules.

Ha Ha - I was going to quote you tomorrow to see how it went. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Got my copy of Resi 5 this morning aswell. No queuing in GAME or Gamestop for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement