Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your opinions on Gamesnash

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Gamesnash you should consider creating a testimonials section and linking to posts on this thread or posts on other sites.

You can do a single post link on the site. Simply right click on the number on the top right of a post and copy the link. Paste it into a new window, hit go and you'll see only that post. This works on most forums and all Vbulletin forums that have the link enabled.

I think it would be worthwhile and it is one thing to have testimonials on your site but another thing to be able to link to independant sources praising your service.

That way gamers that don't usually browse forums like this can see how awesome your service is and can see why they are justified in spending a little extra over play.com on your services.

You should probably PM the users to make sure they are okay with you linking to their posts though. Just an idea.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

thebman wrote: »
    Gamesnash you should consider creating a testimonials section and linking to posts on this thread or posts on other sites.

You can do a single post link on the site. Simply right click on the number on the top right of a post and copy the link. Paste it into a new window, hit go and you'll see only that post. This works on most forums and all Vbulletin forums that have the link enabled.

I think it would be worthwhile and it is one thing to have testimonials on your site but another thing to be able to link to independant sources praising your service.

That way gamers that don't usually browse forums like this can see how awesome your service is and can see why they are justified in spending a little extra over play.com on your services.

You should probably PM the users to make sure they are okay with you linking to their posts though. Just an idea.

Thanks very much - that's a really good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I've praised Gamesnash before and will do it again. For quick delivery of games they cannot be beaten. I've bought a number of games from them and have even sold games to them for excellent prices. When looking to buy a game It's always one of the first places I'll look.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

gamesnash.ie believe me RECESSION lol service??? you think people want service? WE WANT VALUE FOR MONEY HOW CAN YOU TALK ABOUT SERVICE LOL? I WILL NEVER BUY FROM YOU AS YOUR PRICES ARE RIDICULOUS AND CRAP WEBSITE TOO LOMG LIVE PLAY.COM:);):cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

gamesnash.ie believe me RECESSION lol service??? you think people want service? WE WANT VALUE FOR MONEY HOW CAN YOU TALK ABOUT SERVICE LOL? I WILL NEVER BUY FROM YOU AS YOUR PRICES ARE RIDICULOUS AND CRAP WEBSITE TOO LOMG LIVE PLAY.COM:);):cool:

ironic you speak about value for money, and then talk about play.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Your grasp of the English language is an utter disgrace.

If you feel that way about said site, even though you have never used it, then there are kinder and more constructive ways of expressing it.

A very well thought out and presented post. Clear and articulate. ;)

Your definition of value for money and our customers version of value for money differ. We wish you all the best shopping elsewhere. :)

noodler wrote: »
    Your grasp of the English language is an utter disgrace.

If you feel that way about said site, even though you have never used it, then there are kinder and more constructive ways of expressing it.

+ 1

I don't think I could have said that any better myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Personally, I'll always go for the cheapest option I can find. This isn't Gamesnash 99% of the time I'm afriad.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Personally, I'll always go for the cheapest option I can find. This isn't Gamesnash 99% of the time I'm afriad.

Again that's fair enough. Our business is not based on being the absolute cheapest. That's a physical impossibillity for us being based in Ireland. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Because most of us have jobs...

i do have a job, that said site is far too expensive! also why insult my use of language? you are all working for said site i think! and you cannot knock play.coms service very professional and to be honest i would not pay you that much over the asking for games!! if said users comment on my language again i will report ok?? i hope you heed that warning! your site is terrible:cool:

your saying you cannot be competitive because you are based in ireland? come on cop on will you, you shouldnt put the poor mouth on users! and what happened to costs going down with the recession? you didnt like my first post as i told it how it was and you then attacked me!! stupid way to advertise your company!

also are you allowed to advertise your company here for nothing?? any mods have any thoughts here?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You are, in my opinion, incredibly lucky not be reported yourself for your own conductof writing in all caps and being downright abusive. You'd do wel not to threaten others with the prospect of reporting them.

Maybe it is your poor grasp of English which makes your posts seem more rude than they actually are but that is not our problem.

As for your last insightful comment, try to open a games business in the republic and the tell me the cheapest price you are able to source new games from distributors. You could probably do with looking at the Irish economy as a whole in your sparetime in an effort to educate yourself with the higher costs associate in the ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Any idea when or if you'll (gamesnash) be getting in socom confrontation headset bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

I must say, to my embarrassment, I hadn't considered Gamesnash before this thread.

Having endured game delivery hassle at the hands of Amazon; Exchange rate extortion that would make the Russian Mafia blush at the hands of Play; and delivery times that would make glaciers look speedy when ordering from Sendit, I'm now willing to give 'em a try.

There may be a few euro extra involved in certain (but not all) transactions I'd be interested in, but if it's a game I want delivered to my home promptly without question, and paid for in Euro, then I'd be willing occasionally to pay the cost required.

The calm, polite responses they gave to the goading, trolling posts full of abuse & ignorant financial opinion towards the latter end of this thread was the Icing on the cake that swung me towards checking them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

i do have a job, that said site is far too expensive! also why insult my use of language? you are all working for said site i think! and you cannot knock play.coms service very professional and to be honest i would not pay you that much over the asking for games!! if said users comment on my language again i will report ok?? i hope you heed that warning! your site is terrible:cool:

Lol, I don't work for the site. I have used it and you can see my review on exiledgamers.com (which I don't own either) on the issue where I bought from gamesnash to see if they were a reputable company with good service.

You can then see my follow up post where things went extremely well.

People are defensive of Gamesnash because of the good service where when problems occur, they communicate in a polite, open and personal way and try to do everything to accommodate their users. This will inevitably lead to people being loyal to the site and wanting to defend them and stop people like you from dissuading people from buying from them which could lead to them closing down if you stopped enough people buying from them.

As for price, they have on a number of occasions explained why that is the case even going so far as to give detailed figures in their examples which they would be unlikely to make up. Other small stores also have the same problems and in general business works like this where stores like play.com which order much larger orders of games get bigger discounts. You either know this or are too young to know this so I don't see the problem here. Either learn that this is how business works or stop slamming them on something they can't change.

Oh and if you don't like the look of the site. I don't think you should slam the way a site looks without at least giving the reason. That was the greatest low of your post.

I also don't see the problem with them responding to users replies on the forum, they are showing they are reading the comments and they are answering any questions asked. Lots of companies do it on boards.ie in almost all the forums on the site.

your saying you cannot be competitive because you are based in ireland? come on cop on will you, you shouldnt put the poor mouth on users! and what happened to costs going down with the recession? you didnt like my first post as i told it how it was and you then attacked me!! stupid way to advertise your company!

also are you allowed to advertise your company here for nothing?? any mods have any thoughts here?;)

you cannot knock play.coms service very professional and to be honest i would not pay you that much over the asking for games!! if said users comment on my language again i will report ok?? i hope you heed that warning! your site is terrible

I said we cannot be as cheap not that we can't be competitive.

Because we are based in and shipping from Ireland our prices include 21.5% vat charged by the Irish government. You reference play.com who are based in Jersey - an island that is technically outside the eu. This means that they do not charge vat on their prices. Aside from the fact they are that bit bigger and indeed have greater purchasing power quite simply they have a 21.5% head start on us with their pricing. That's EXACTLY why it's a physical impossibillity to be generally cheaper than them because of the vat rates. We are actually cheaper than them when vat is taken out of the equation.

I think it's quite clear that costs have come down in the recession. The average recommended retail price has gone down from €64.99 / €69.99 to a more reasonable €54.99 direction.

I am not in a position to comment on play.coms customer service but it is well documented around here that play.com can take 7-10 days for delivery. We generally deliver the next day. For pre orders ( search here for street fighter 4 threads ) we delivered most orders release day or the day before with play.com orders arriving at least a week later. The reason why we deliver so quickly is because we post from ireland. Their prices can be lowered being based in Jesrey but it means that their postal times are greatly increased. Our stall is clearly set out for this. It costs a bit more from us because we have vat included in our price ( certainly not the full 21.5% in most cases ) but that means we are able to provide a better delivery time. You mention the "going rate" and not being willing to pay over it. The going rate you refer to is a rate for delivery in 7-10 days. Our prices are for delivery a lot quicker and the going rate for that is different.

I didn't like your first post because imo it was an ill thought out, unresearched,irrational and frankly abusive rant. Simply reading this thread fully would have explained to you why I said being based in Ireland meant it was phsyically impossible to beat the play.com prices. I will always come on here and defend our business and it's reputation from users who choose to attack it. That is not advertising. We have been very careful from day one not to step out of line in the fine balance that is posting about your site versus advertising it. You ask what do the mods think - I believe four of them have already posted in this thread without forming the opinion that we are advertising. Nor have any mods seen any reason in the last year + to consider us advertising. Of course any discussion about us creates an awareness of our site and we are happy to acknowledge that. If anything repeated ill thought out posts which we respond to only serve to advertise us and encourage our happy customers to come here and post about us in a manner which you immediately assume they work for us. Perhaps if you are that bothered by this you might refrain from making such posts and engage in constructive posting.

Any idea when or if you'll (gamesnash) be getting in socom confrontation headset bundle?

Will have to come back to you on Wednesday when wholesalers reopen about stock availabillity of this.

I must say, to my embarrassment, I hadn't considered Gamesnash before this thread.

Having endured game delivery hassle at the hands of Amazon; Exchange rate extortion that would make the Russian Mafia blush at the hands of Play; and delivery times that would make glaciers look speedy when ordering from Sendit, I'm now willing to give 'em a try.

There may be a few euro extra involved in certain (but not all) transactions I'd be interested in, but if it's a game I want delivered to my home promptly without question, and paid for in Euro, then I'd be willing occasionally to pay the cost required.

The calm, polite responses they gave to the goading, trolling posts full of abuse & ignorant financial opinion towards the latter end of this thread was the Icing on the cake that swung me towards checking them out.

Thank you :) again we don't mind setting out our side of a story / debate because we're absolutely certain that there are many people like yourself out there and the goading / trolling ultimately serves to encourage customers to use us rather than be turned away by the ranting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

I

+1. Ive used Gamesnash before and this is the reason I will do again. Most new games come out on a Friday and the last thing I want to do after working 9-5 is thrawl into town and face horrible traffic on my way home. Gamesnash has without fail gotten every new game I've pre-ordered off them delivered to my house on release day which saves me time and hassle and is well worth a few extra bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

games get delivered on the day or day before relase... it accepts AIB laser card, which no website outside ireland accepts, and they are cheaper than buying them in the gamestop or other shops? whats not to like?

thorbarry wrote: »
    games get delivered on the day or day before relase... it accepts AIB laser card, which no website outside ireland accepts, and they are cheaper than buying them in the gamestop or other shops? whats not to like?

Site is crap apparently :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

You can warn people? I'm sorry are you a mod too? Well if you continue to post using poor grammar, inaccurate spelling and capital letters, I don't think anyone will care about what you say.

If you don't like using Gamesnash, then don't use them. Then you can stop annoying the vast majority of people that have zero fault with this company. I find your posts to be rude, biased and, quite frankly, very childish.

Their website is terrible? Cool? I have to laugh at your arguments against this company. So because Play have a better website, this positively affects their ability to get games to you on release day somehow? Gamesnash gets you the games you want before they release. Play.com have never sent me my product on time, and there is nothing worse than waiting 4-5 days for a game that everyone else is playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

good lord dont do it

its horrendous

thebman wrote: »

Following your excellent suggestion we now have a feedback / testimonials section up on the site. We will be incorporating links to independent sources as suggested but in the mean time if I can be as cheeky as to ask those who were kind enough to post positive feedback here to do the same on the site itself we're dangling the carrot of a chance to win a €100 voucher with all feedback received. :)

http://www.gamesnash.com/index.php?main_page=display_all_testimonials

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭feckhead

I have a banner on top of the main page on my groups website. I think thats the biggest compliment I can give gamesnash :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I've received new release games before the release day from Gamesnash. Thats very hard to beat.
    I'm sure it is. And I'm sure you have examples of such?
    thorbarry wrote: »
    it accepts AIB laser card
    SWEET! Will check this sh|t out :D

thank you futureguy your words of wisdom are exactly what we want to hear!!:rolleyes:

im not trying to be rude or childish but how can anyone consider paying gamesnash more than game or gamestop for games? you dont have to pay rent in a business unit to provide help and advice to the consumer! i have since used your site and yes delivery times are very fast to give that much to you;) but i really think you need to drop your prices! thank you,

RAY:)

SO ON SOME POINTS GAMESNASH ARE VERY FAST DELIVERY TIMES IF YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY EXTRA THEN WORK AWAY I WOULD RECOMMEND:cool:

• Advertisement

ALSO FUTUREGUY DO YOU THINK IT IS ACCEPTABLE TO INSULT A USERS INTELLIGENCE BECAUSE THEY DONT LIKE A SITE AND ARE WILLING TO QUESTION IT IN PUBLIC?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement