Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your opinions on Gamesnash

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Okay but you fail to realise that it is as cheap as they can get the stock you see, in many cases at least.

If you don't want to shop there then don't, you aren't offering an opinion on their service anymore. You have been reduced to trying to tell them what there costs are and how they should price their goods. You don't seem to be in an opinion to do such a thing so the only thing anybody should take from your post is that their delivery was very good and thats if they could be bothered.

EDIT: You haven't even given any Gamestop/Game examples. Do you not see how your criticism is completely lacking in context?

EDIT1: I mean I don't like you, the way you type, your poor punctuation, the way you write in all caps, your childish behaviour, but I don't tell you to change..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

you dont have to pay rent in a business unit to provide help and advice to the consumer! i have since used your site and yes delivery times are very fast to give that much to you;) but i really think you need to drop your prices! thank you,

RAY:)

Time is money. It is a business, they could spend that time trying to get other revenue streams online and ignore their customers complaints like so many other website.
    SO ON SOME POINTS GAMESNASH ARE VERY FAST DELIVERY TIMES IF YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY EXTRA THEN WORK AWAY I WOULD RECOMMEND:cool:

You keep forgetting to say that they are not always more expensive. I just don't get why you are against the company so much when they are not ripping you off. They are operating within their cost base. They are a business and have to make money to survive.

I was in Tesco the other night and LBP was 70 euro as was Halo 3.

Play.com
    Halo 3 - 21 euro
    LBP 17 euro

Personally I'd be more against Tesco given they are definitely able to offer cheaper prices if they want to but want to cash in on clueless parents.

Gamesnash.com
    Halo 3 - 30 Euro new
    Halo 3 preowned €15.99

LBP - 35 euro

Seems they aren't as big a rip off as your suggesting TBH. Tesco deserve much more abuse IMO. These are randomly picked games and two top titles. I have selected them because I noticed them in Tesco yesterday when looking to see if they were still charging these prices for their games as Killzone 2 is out I was having a look to see if they had it in stock and how much they were charging. It was not even in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

noodler my love for you is dying here!

if you dont agree with me fair enough but dont be ignorant and continue to insult me!

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Are we reading the same thread?

Grow up mate.

I partially agree with you thebman! i can`t believe i`m being pulled on my typing here!

I find it hard to see this as constructive criticism of myself here from other users when im basically being abused for having an opinion:(. I have said deliveries were very good, but i still think most of the prices are well above other retailers.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

I partially agree with you thebman! i can`t believe i`m being pulled on my typing here!

I find it hard to see this as constructive criticism of myself here from other users when im basically being abused for having an opinion:(. I have said deliveries were very good, but i still think most of the prices are well above other retailers.

The problem was your initial posts which quoted below were abusive in their own right. You have to expect people to defend themselves and if you're going to set your stall out in that manner then you can't then complain when you receive the same treatment back.
    gamesnash.ie believe me RECESSION lol service??? you think people want service? WE WANT VALUE FOR MONEY HOW CAN YOU TALK ABOUT SERVICE LOL? I WILL NEVER BUY FROM YOU AS YOUR PRICES ARE RIDICULOUS AND CRAP WEBSITE TOO LOMG LIVE PLAY.COM:);):cool:

im not trying to be rude or childish but how can anyone consider paying gamesnash more than game or gamestop for games? you dont have to pay rent in a business unit to provide help and advice to the consumer! i have since used your site and yes delivery times are very fast to give that much to you;) but i really think you need to drop your prices! thank you,

RAY:)

SO ON SOME POINTS GAMESNASH ARE VERY FAST DELIVERY TIMES IF YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY EXTRA THEN WORK AWAY I WOULD RECOMMEND:cool:

The above post is far more reasonably constructed and you have calmed down a bit - you've even gone from never using us to going ahead and making a purchase of which you were happy with the delivery time. Thanks for trying us out. :)

Whilst we don't have to pay retail rent we do still have overheads for warehousing and office space. We're the little guys in the market so there are of course going to be special offers and rates made available to the larger players so we're not going to stand on a soapbox and say we are the cheapest on every single title in Ireland. However a few special offers that are cheaper do not make Game or Gamestop the best overall value in the Irish market. Your post on one hand implies every product we sell is dearer and you ask how could anyone consider paying more to us yet you also say you went ahead and made a purchase. I can only assume you must have been happy with the price and that it was not dearer than Game and Gamestop ???

As noodler said we can only set prices based on our own cost prices and versus the recommended retail price in Ireland. All our products are sold at less than the RRP without exception. I'd also like to point out that we offer an unbeatable trade in service. We pay more than Game / Gamestop and we pay the postage costs involved. We then sell those pre owned titles cheaper than Game and Gamestop. Gamestop released their financial results yesterday and in the analysis were praised for maintaining a 46% margin on pre owned titles. We operate on approx 15% - 3 times less than them.

In summary we stand by our claim to offer fantastic value for money to Irish customers. We beat the socks off all other internet retailers for service and delivery times to Ireland. We don't rip people off, we set a fair price for our new games / products based on our costs, we give gamers a more than fair price for their trade ins and then set a fair price for what has been traded in. Our regular customers save a lot of euro by choosing us to supply their games and get the added benefit of our genuine commitment to customer service ( which of course you have found out yourself :) )

hi i was happy with your service!!

i am just pissed at being abused here!

best of luck with the site!
    thanks,Ray:)

got the game fracture from you wasnt a bad price either!

but the service is outstanding!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I'd also like to point out that we offer an unbeatable trade in service. We pay more than Game / Gamestop and we pay the postage costs involved. We then sell those pre owned titles cheaper than Game and Gamestop. Gamestop released their financial results yesterday and in the analysis were praised for maintaining a 46% margin on pre owned titles. We operate on approx 15% - 3 times less than them.

Have to back you up here Gamesnash. I recently posted some games into Gamesnash for a trade in, they actually increased the amount allocated to cover my postage costs & added it to my trade in credit.

Many thanks for that, at least they took the time to notice the price on the label. Many companies such as Play and Sendit don't even bother to compensate you for returning items or else offer a tiny amount to cover your postage.

Secondly, the prices offered for trade in were excellent compare to Game, Gamestop, HMV etc.

Rael wrote: »
    Have to back you up here Gamesnash. I recently posted some games into Gamesnash for a trade in, they actually increased the amount allocated to cover my postage costs & added it to my trade in credit.

Many thanks for that, at least they took the time to notice the price on the label. Many companies such as Play and Sendit don't even bother to compensate you for returning items or else offer a tiny amount to cover your postage.

Secondly, the prices offered for trade in were excellent compare to Game, Gamestop, HMV etc.

Cheers

It's actually one of the checks we do when testing the pre owned games. If we have priced up an incorrect postal allowance we add back on the difference. ( If its been over stamped then it's the senders expense of course :) but if we've given the wrong weight allowance then absolutely we will amend the quote )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well i just checker your site and I see you take Lazer so I might just start shoping in the worst shop in the world so.

I got Viva pinata in play for my daughter for crimbo and it took ages to arrive. A year later I want to get the VP2 TIP and it was like 2 yoyos cheaper than buying it in extra vision so I got from them. I wouldent mind spending even a fiver more to support Irish busniess these days. More power to ya.

Well i just checker your site and I see you take Lazer so I might just start shoping in the worst shop in the world so.

I got Viva pinata in play for my daughter for crimbo and it took ages to arrive. A year later I want to get the VP2 TIP and it was like 2 yoyos cheaper than buying it in extra vision so I got from them. I wouldent mind spending even a fiver more to support Irish busniess these days. More power to ya.

Play are a fooking disaster for delivery. I heard the nightmare stories but ordered off them one time because they were substantially cheaper than anywhere else but it just isn't worth it.

I was waiting over a month for the game to be delivered, no wonder the delivery is free. I contacted them to say I hadn't received it and everything. It arrived a few days later. I was getting it delivered in the city centre to my work place. I couldn't believe it.

Same thing with Amazon for MGS4, a month to send me the game. Just isn't worth the hassle I think. I inevitably end up wondering did the postman still it or they did they just not bother sending it with other companies and start worrying about how I'm going to get my money back. I'll go with Gamesnash.ie from now on. Delivery is only getting worse in the global recession I think.

Play stuff takes 6 working days minimum for me but I accept that-can't say I have ever had a problem with their service outside of that.

gamesnash, are you getting broken sword for the wii any time soon? play have it at €45 and I aint prepared to pay that much for a re-release :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

noodler wrote: »
    Play stuff takes 6 working days minimum for me but I accept that-can't say I have ever had a problem with their service outside of that.

Yep, same here but it does depend in which country they send it from. Sweden to Ireland delivery seems fast.

gamesnash, are you getting broken sword for the wii any time soon? play have it at €45 and I aint prepared to pay that much for a re-release :O

It's not available to us at the moment it's out of stock through our normal wholesale channels but assuming it was and when its back in we'd be actually at the same price €44.99 - Irish RRP is €49.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Just wanted to say I finally got around to buying somthing from these guys and guess what it got lost in the post. I waited 2 weeks and it never came. So I got onto them and got a replay in about an hour aftre my email. They looked into it and came to the conclusion it got lost in the post.

Anyway i had to say fair play to them they arranged to have a replacment of my game personally hand delivered with no problems or quibbles at all.

I certinally indend to use them again and I got a great deal on a PGR4 bundle pack and all.

Nice work, I would like to think more online sites care about their customers like these do, but then not having a credit card ive never really used the likes of play or them.

Unfortunately it's a fact of internet life that occasionally items do go missing in the post and we're obviously very dissapointed that it was your first order in particular that went astray. We don't deal with these situations too often within Ireland ( Europe a very different story !!!! ) because generally An Post are quite reliable. In fact the last item we had reported missing turned up a couple of weeks after our replacement package !

That said we're delighted you were pleased with the response and that you will give it another try.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do ye still accept laser?Was thinking of ordering of ye :).

We do :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Do ye still accept laser?Was thinking of ordering of ye :).

this shower of rip of merchants would even except butter vouchers :)

lol, I think this has been gone over a lot on the thread. Try reading it.

gamesnatch recession buster prices v play.com

Fifa 2009 xbox 360

Play 23.49
    Snatch 49.99:rolleyes:

Alone In the Dark 360

Play 16.32
    Snatch 54.99:rolleyes:

Assassin's Creed xbox 360

Play 12.99
    snatch 34.99:rolleyes:

Army Of Two xbox 360

Play 19.49
    Snatch 34.99:rolleyes:

Condemned 2

play 14.92
    snatch 34.99:rolleyes:

Fallout 3

play 56.99
    snatch 38.99:rolleyes:

farcry

play 23.49
    snatch 57.99:rolleyes:

Mass Effect

play 17.40
    snatch 59.99:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

there prices are a joke avoid at all costs

gamesnatch recession buster prices v play.com

there prices are a joke avoid at all costs

Cool, don't think you've read the thread still though. Don't think you've even considered why the prices might have to be higher either.

i dont really give a **** why there prices are high, im just pointing out how more exspensive they are against play.
    you would be an idiot with to much money to go out and buy a game from snatch rather than play from the list i posted

i dont really give a **** why there prices are high, im just pointing out how more exspensive they are against play.
    you would be an idiot with to much money to go out and buy a game from snatch rather than play from the list i posted

Well some people are willing to pay it. Delivery from Play takes a fooking age and a half. You'd have played through the game, probably twice by the time Play will have gotten it to you.

Any time I've ordered from Play, I've been wondering was the item lost in the post when one day it finally arrives.

There is also customs duty that you should be paying on those games which I'm sure hasn't been taken into account. Whether you pay or not is another thing, guess it depends on whether they catch you or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

except or accept? There's a difference...What are you trying to say?

I've bought several items from gamesnash over the last year or so and have always been impressed by their communication and rapid turn around. We had a small hiccup on one order and they couldn't have been more cooperative and customer orientated. It was a welcome difference from the 'send it back to us at your own expense and then we'll decide whether to refund/replace at our own discretion' nonsense that I've experienced from the Channel islands merchants.

I don't understand how anyone can claim that a seller is a rip off merchant as long as they state their prices accurately and deliver what they advertise. Being more expensive than competitors doesn't mean that they are ripping anyone off.

If you don't like the price, don't buy it...and spare us the whining.

Anyway changing the topic, Gamesnash are you going to start stocking PlayTV?

Flyer28 wrote: »
    If you don't like the price, don't buy it...and spare us the whining.

the thread is entitled your opinions on gamesash and thats what im doing, so if you dont like my opinion thats your choice, im clearly stating there price difference compared to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

the thread is entitled your opinions on gamesash and thats what im doing, so if you dont like my opinion thats your choice, im clearly stating there price difference compared to play.

I know, but how does a price difference make it a rip off?

You either accept the price or you don't.

If you do, you do so because you think it's a fair price.
    If you don't, it's because you think it's too dear.

Either way, where's the rip off?

Irrespective of how expensive you might think they are, unless the company is acting dishonestly, there is no basis to call them rip off merchants.

You are indeed entitled to your opinion but others are also entitled to ask you to justify it....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement