Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your opinions on Gamesnash

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd rather pay a tiny bit over what play charge to get the game a day before or on release day than waiting 2 weeks for it from play.

Also play can fook right off until they sort their sterling to euro price conversion. They're the real rip off merchants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

yep, im boycotting play.com until they let me buy in sterling. shopto.net let me buy in sterling. even with delivery charge, they are cheaper then play.com's euro price. quicker too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Fallout 3

play 56.99
    snatch 38.99:rolleyes:

I laughed. Never bought off Gamesnash, was going to once but decided not to buy the game after reading the advanced reviews (TNA Impact). Haven't heard a bad peep about them and know that I'll probably check them out for advanced orders in the future.

Sick of the exchange rate and slow delivery of Play. Ordered a boxset from them once (and while not a game) it got lost and had to wait 21 days before I could lodge for a replacement. It was a present for my brother for Christmas who had to go back to London so I wasn't happy. Haven't bought from them since or even looked at the site when looking for prices.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

gamesnatch recession buster prices v play.com

Fifa 2009 xbox 360

Play 23.49
    Snatch 49.99:rolleyes:

Alone In the Dark 360

Play 16.32
    Snatch 54.99:rolleyes:

Assassin's Creed xbox 360

Play 12.99
    snatch 34.99:rolleyes:

Army Of Two xbox 360

Play 19.49
    Snatch 34.99:rolleyes:

Condemned 2

play 14.92
    snatch 34.99:rolleyes:

Fallout 3

play 56.99
    snatch 38.99:rolleyes: ( should be the other way round but thanks for the compliment :D )

farcry

play 23.49
    snatch 57.99:rolleyes:

Mass Effect

play 17.40
    snatch 59.99:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

there prices are a joke avoid at all costs

Sometimes I struggle to work out with you are intentionally misleading people or genuinely incapable of understanding what has been said to you on numerous occasions. :)

We have explained ad nausem to you in several threads including this one why in general play.coms prices will be slightly lower than ours principally because of the VAT situation. We have also addressed how when play.com have special clearance offers or overstocks we would not have access to the same offer so picking their cheapest titles and looking at our price is very selective.

The quotes you use above are also very inaccurate ( again I'd question your motives and / or abillity to comprehend ) as usual and similar to the first set of quotes earlier in the thread.

You have in some cases compared our price for the normal standard release versus a classics or platinum edition on play.com.

In other cases you have quoted the playtrade price. Playtrade is a facillity for independent traders to sell their goods through play.com. This is akin to comparing us with somebody selling off their used items on ebay and is again misleading. You aren't even comparing our prices with play.coms

Mind you in another case you mixed the two prices up and implied we were cheaper which I suppose we could say was a gesture on your behalf :D;)

thebman wrote: »
    Anyway changing the topic, Gamesnash are you going to start stocking PlayTV?

It wasn't generally released in Ireland because it requires access to digital broadcasts. Up in the border counties you would certainly pick up BBC etc but RTE have to the best of my knowledge not yet started broadcasting digitially so the product is not deemed suitable for the Irish market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It wasn't generally released in Ireland because it requires access to digital broadcasts. Up in the border counties you would certainly pick up BBC etc but RTE have to the best of my knowledge not yet started broadcasting digitially so the product is not deemed suitable for the Irish market.
    I think there was a thread here somewhere saying that the last update allowed you to view irish channels but you cant actually use the guide, DVR or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yeah it is working on the RTE Digital Trial service at the moment (almost) with further updates coming in future so it will be available eventually for the Irish market.

So that is supposed to launch by the end of the year I think and people are buying PlayTV at the moment on the terrestial tv forum and using it as they can pause TV at the moment.

Apparently the problem is a bug on playback for the PS3 and not the actual PlayTV device. Maybe we'll need to wait until the service is officially launched before Sony will say it is okay for the Irish market or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Gamesnash.ie - are you gong to have Infamous in stock? and how much will it cost if you do?

cheers.

By the way "nevaeh-2die-4" is a very cantankerous geezer. Ignore him and he might go away....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Gamesnash.ie - are you gong to have Infamous in stock? and how much will it cost if you do?

cheers.

By the way "nevaeh-2die-4" is a very cantankerous geezer. Ignore him and he might go away....

+1 For Infamous.

cheers.

The unfortunate thing is that if we were to ignore him people might be misled by the inaccurate information being posted so we just go round and round in circles. :)

As for Infamous - we will be stocking it and will have stock available for shipping on Monday / Tuesday of next week ( it is not on our pre order list as we were unable to guarantee our usual pre release day shipping ) Retailing at €54.99

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Cool, do you take Paypal?

Cool, do you take Paypal?

We do ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

In fairness, Gamesnash couldn't possibly achieve the sale economies enjoyed by play.com. Per unit costs are obviously higher and they've no choice but to apss these costs onto the consumer in the form of retail prices - they're a business looking to make a profit after all. They've overheads, admin costs, wages to pay etc. If you don't like their prices, you can go to play.com, it's a perfectly competitive market.

/economics rant.

Moving on, I've never had a problem with Gamesnash in terms of service; their games are delivered quickly and they've responded to my queries in an efficient manner. I have noticed a fall-off in the money paid for traded games since I started using the service, but I noticed that when Gamestop quit their "This Game FREE When You Trade in 2 Games!*" offer too. Swings and round-a-bouts. I'd still rather give my money to GNASH, because I think they provide better value nonetheless.

TelePaul wrote: »
    In fairness, Gamesnash couldn't possibly achieve the sale economies enjoyed by play.com. Per unit costs are obviously higher and they've no choice but to apss these costs onto the consumer in the form of retail prices - they're a business looking to make a profit after all. They've overheads, admin costs, wages to pay etc. If you don't like their prices, you can go to play.com, it's a perfectly competitive market.

/economics rant.

Moving on, I've never had a problem with Gamesnash in terms of service; their games are delivered quickly and they've responded to my queries in an efficient manner. I have noticed a fall-off in the money paid for traded games since I started using the service, but I noticed that when Gamestop quit their "This Game FREE When You Trade in 2 Games!*" offer too. Swings and round-a-bouts. I'd still rather give my money to GNASH, because I think they provide better value nonetheless.

Thank you :)

In terms of trade in value ( and to bore you with an economic lesson ) as with all businesses a resale price is based on a cost price of a particular item. Trade ins are a kind of reverse of that scenario. We have to look at what price the game will currently sell pre owned for and then work backwards to establish how much credit can be given out.

The price of pre owned games has fallen in conjunction with the fall in price of new games. It's very rare to see a RRP of €69.99 these days when this time last year most titles would have been set at this. When a game was selling new for €69.99 it could be worth up to €44.99 ( on our price structure ) or as high as €59.99 in some of the bricks and mortar stores. Now the majority of titles are coming out with an RRP of €54.99 to €59.99 which pulls the price of a pre owned title down and obviously the trade in credit too. That said though at the end of the day the cash element of the transaction would remain fairly similar in both cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

i dont really give a **** why there prices are high, im just pointing out how more exspensive they are against play.
    you would be an idiot with to much money to go out and buy a game from snatch rather than play from the list i posted

Even because of your wreckless behaviour, lack of ability to read a thread, lack of proper puncuation, and spelling, and bad "research" if I may call it that, the only thing you have managed to break so far is my heart.

The price of pre owned games has fallen in conjunction with the fall in price of new games. It's very rare to see a RRP of €69.99 these days when this time last year most titles would have been set at this. When a game was selling new for €69.99 it could be worth up to €44.99 ( on our price structure ) or as high as €59.99 in some of the bricks and mortar stores. Now the majority of titles are coming out with an RRP of €54.99 to €59.99 which pulls the price of a pre owned title down and obviously the trade in credit too. That said though at the end of the day the cash element of the transaction would remain fairly similar in both cases.

Yeah, I was surprised to see GTA go for €40 in Tesco and now UFC going for €40 in Smyths.

Yeah, I was surprised to see GTA go for €40 in Tesco and now UFC going for €40 in Smyths.

Not half as surprised as the Iirsh distributors were with GTA. Tesco were retailing cheaper than the national distributors were buying it in for themselves never mind what we were then being charged after their markup.

UFC has a RRP of €54.99 so it's an extremely agressive price that Smyths went out for ( they have now put it back up to €49.99 ) but the bigger lads are having themselves a price war on certain titles.

Not half as surprised as the Iirsh distributors were with GTA. Tesco were retailing cheaper than the national distributors were buying it in for themselves never mind what we were then being charged after their markup.

Is there nothing against selling below cost in that industry?

Not that I'm aware of. If there was we'd be guilty of it ourselves tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

If a company has stock that it can't get rid of at it's RRP then it should be allowed sell it at whatever price they see fit.

I do however understand from a new release point of view that some companies won't be able to compete with Tesco or someone similarly as large.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Lol Tesco are a rip off and highly disorganised on the game front anyway.

The one in Maynooth is shockingly bad. LBP is still priced at 70 euro on the shelf. I don't get it. It could be cheaper and they are too lazy to change the price or they could be hoping to get kids begging mums to buy it for them and flog it at that price. I went to get Killzone 2 from them and there was no price on it.

I just looked it while the staff when by and commented loudly to my mate that I'm not going to bring it to the counter to find out that it is more expensive than I want to pay and how disgraceful it is that they don't have prices up. Done this a few times with different members of staff around me and still the bullcrap continues. I'm sure one of them was a manager. They obviously just don't care so no business from me :P

I don't like buying games there anyway. When you go to the counter, the auld grannies at the counter act like there is something wrong with you for buying a game because your 25 :rolleyes: I've stopped buying games there, too much hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I agree with you on their general game stock but they tend to have some crazy prices (I bet there are users that are too young to get that :() on new games on the day of their release.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I agree with you on their general game stock but they tend to have some crazy prices (I bet there are users that are too young to get that :() on new games on the day of their release.

You just brought me back to my first part time job in a red shirt for the princely sum of £1.76 an hour. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have ye got deus ex in stock by chance?

Not at the moment - what console are you looking for it on - think that came out on PS2 and PC only ? We have arrangements with other etailers to source back catalogue stock from each other so we can put the word out and see if there is any available.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not at the moment - what console are you looking for it on - think that came out on PS2 and PC only ? We have arrangements with other etailers to source back catalogue stock from each other so we can put the word out and see if there is any available.

I want to get it for the pc if possibly :).

We'll spread the word and see what we can turn up for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Have ye got deus ex in stock by chance?

its available in most stores at this stage, even the crappy ones like PCWorld, its part of the "Sold Out" series. Doubt it'd cost you more than 5 euro anywhere

Failing that, if you live in Dublin ye can have my copy ;) if you're willing to collect

SeantheMan wrote: »
    its available in most stores at this stage, even the crappy ones like PCWorld, its part of the "Sold Out" series. Doubt it'd cost you more than 5 euro anywhere

Failing that, if you live in Dublin ye can have my copy ;) if you're willing to collect

haha forget it im all the way down in cork like :) I had a look in all those shops you mentioned they did'nt have it.

• Advertisement

We'll spread the word and see what we can turn up for you. :)

I would appreicate it that :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement