Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will this work with eircom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Ah, the vernerable WRT54G (linux version).

It has no ADSL modem built-in. But you can hook it up to a modem that doesn't have wireless, and use it to add wireless capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

ah thought that, would i be better off to get a seperate modem or try get an all in one and if the latter what would u recommend

can i use the modem that ntl supply
    i'm not sure exactly what modem i would have to get

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

guil07 wrote: »
    can i use the modem that ntl supply
    i'm not sure exactly what modem i would have to get

WRT54G's work fine with the NTL cable modems. Just run a cable from the WAN port on the WRT54G to the LAN port on the cable modem. Set the WRT54G to collect an address by DHCP through the modem.

but will the atlanta modem work with eircom, sorry if i wasnt clearer with the question

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

but will the atlanta modem work with eircom, sorry if i wasnt clearer with the question

An NTL Modem wont work with Eircom if thats what you mean. Have Eircom not supplied you with a modem? It really does help when posting on here to state who your isp is and what you are trying to achieve!!

yeah i wanted to use the ntl modem with eircom but it doesnt have a connection for the phone line
    ok i have just got eircom but dont want to use the netopia
    can anyone advise what adsl router or modem/router combo to get

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Damien360

yeah i wanted to use the ntl modem with eircom but it doesnt have a connection for the phone line
    ok i have just got eircom but dont want to use the netopia
    can anyone advise what adsl router or modem/router combo to get
    I have the net gear dg834g router and i get nat 2 with the ps3 which i assume from posts on playstation forum is your goal . Seen cable and dsl versions listed in argos .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The NTL Atlanta is a cable modem and will ONLY work when NTL (UPC) enables it on their cable. It belongs to them.

Advertisement