Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Car Radio with Auxiliary In

Options
  • 25-02-2009 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

I'm looking to get a cheap (under €30) car radio with AUX IN somewhere in Galway City tomorrow. It can be the most basic radio, all I need is the Aux In.

Or alternatively something like this

Any suggestions where I might be lucky enough to get these for cheap cheap cheap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Argos - Wharfedale WH170 iPod CD Radio. 500/5828 €74.79
    Ipod ready, think that means aux?
    Direct iPod connection, made for iPod

They have nothing under 30 so doubt you'll get one anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Don't think you will be able to get one for under 30, your best bet would be try and get a second hand one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

I've decided 50 to 60 would be acceptable. Apart from Argos, and that car shop in the Liosban industrial estate, anywhere else that would sell radios?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Car parts warehouse, Partway both around the Tuam Rd. there is another there as well but can't think of it's name. Could also try the breakers yards as well.

Thanks will check them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

I got a car radio in Aldi a while back for €70. Thought it was a good buy because it had an Aux-in, USB, Memory Card slots aswell as CD & Radio. Sound is really good out of it too.

This isn't really a helpful post though because they probably don't have any more car radios in Aldi at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The cheapest option is a cassette thingy with a cable

icarplay.jpg

OP, what is it that you want to connect to the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I got mine done in the car shop in the Tesco shopping centre. They installed it there and then but they are usually above the €60 mark. Worth a look anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Online is the only place yer gonna get something for the €60-70 mark until Lidl/Aldi ones come round again

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

s_carnage wrote: »
    I got mine done in the car shop in the Tesco shopping centre. They installed it there and then but they are usually above the €60 mark. Worth a look anyway.

Just curious, did they charge you to install it? If not, might go for that meself...

• Advertisement

Cheapest radio in the place in the Galway Shopping Center was 99euro, after being reduced.

The 54 euro CD player / Radio in Argos has an Aux in clearly from the pictures of it in the catallog and online, but it is out of stock everywhere. It doesn't say if it has Aux In in it's description which could mean the image is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

lampsie wrote: »
    Just curious, did they charge you to install it? If not, might go for that meself...

No but i did pay €150 for one so was kinda expecting them to do it. They were very helpful because the fella who did it said to come back if i was ever selling the car and he'd put the old radio back in for me for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

Aldi/Lidil always brings in good cheap car radios once a month. ot a good one for 55 euro few months ago with aux in, usb port, sd card and cd player.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

radio/cd/mp3/with aux in available at in car technology liosban 60 euro(fitting extra)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

It can be the most basic radio, all I need is the Aux In.

Sorry buddy but a number of car manufacturers ads on TV at the moment make it perfectly clear that you need to pay €30 grand for their new car model to be able to use your Ipod / mp3 player with a car stereo.

no, it can be the most basic radio cL0h as long as it has aux in.

cL0h wrote: »
    Sorry buddy but a number of car manufacturers ads on TV at the moment make it perfectly clear that you need to pay €30 grand for their new car model to be able to use your Ipod / mp3 player with a car stereo.

I always find it funny when I see an Ad for a new car on TV which uses the "Now has an Ipod connection" line as the fundamental selling point for the car.

All it is, is a simple 3.5mm phono jack on a radio which has the ability to take in the signal, amplify it and send it on to the speakers.

If manufactures would sell just a radio with aux in on the front, it would be cheap as chips, and perfect for me since I have an MP3 player.

But add in a CD player, microproccessor to decode MP3s, USB connectivity etc the cost of the radio increases.

yea i'm on the same line of thinking... i'd love a radio with an aux in, an equaliser and a volume knob.

no such thing it seems.

Advertisement