Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There goes Zavvi. What do you wanna see next?

Options
  • 25-02-2009 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

With Zavvi closed since last week, HMV and Golden Discs are the places to go now for me, although I've always preferred the atmosphere in Zavvi/Virgin. Must be the open space lol.

Anyway enough rambling, what do you lads/lassies think is going in there/should be going in there next?

We can all wish things sure:D

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

And golden disks could be on the way out too..

I think HMV should move in there and get a decent selection of stuff in the shop.
    The one on Patricks street is far too cramped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

HMV have already secured a place in the new Academy St mall.

Although they'll need to expand the store and selection if they want to supply Cork City with their music and boxsets etc...Zavvi were wicked for buying boxsets.

I think some of the girls clothing shops might be trouble. I'd PAY for them to take away that "Swamp" store. Sick, sick of seeing girls wearing their clothes lol. Tacky and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

mik_da_man wrote: »
    And golden disks could be on the way out too..

I think HMV should move in there and get a decent selection of stuff in the shop.
    The one on Patricks street is far too cramped

Is it? Lovely, everyone's closing!:D

Yeah, HMV must be chuffed alright. It's a great opportunity to move in, as people will recognise that place regardless of who owns it. I mean, I didn't care if it was Zavvi or Virgin, they both sold identical products!

EDIT:
    Vinta81 wrote: »
    HMV have already secured a place in the new Academy St mall.

Although they'll need to expand the store and selection if they want to supply Cork City with their music and boxsets etc...Zavvi were wicked for buying boxsets.

I think some of the girls clothing shops might be trouble.

Aha, lovely. HMV are smart people.

I want Claire's accessories gone and Xtravision back again!

Claires did provide me some quality buys for my 80s night though, neon galore. The Moderne can go too, do people actually shop there?

Claires did provide me some quality buys for my 80s night though, neon galore. The Moderne can go too, do people actually shop there?

I think it's more of a summer place really. My mom and sister are half addicted to it during then, but it's fairly dead for the rest of the year!

• Advertisement

It doesn't appeal to me! Most of those stores don't. I was suprised Barratts closed so fast! and Adams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Zavvi is finally gone! Woohoo \o/

It doesn't appeal to me! Most of those stores don't. I was suprised Barratts closed so fast! and Adams.

Is Barratts closed? lol, being in town nearly every day last week I should've noticed! Ah well, I see it as alot of empty places for good shops to vacate!

We need to get rid of Gamestop too, evil bastards!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I hope Gentlemans Quarters and Saville go down the swanny, simply to shut up that FRICKING ANNOYING music they insist on blasting out constantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 finnykid

Jeez is there anything left in town

• Advertisement

hmm,i work next to Barratts and they were open in the morning one day a few hours later just shut the doors, gone.

hey! My friend works in game by the blue mcdonalds! They can't close! discounts! :D

I prefer Gamestop to Game anyway, so I'm not too pushed about that.

Is this Barrats in Paul St. shopping centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Kersmash wrote: »
    I hope Gentlemans Quarters and Saville go down the swanny, simply to shut up that FRICKING ANNOYING music they insist on blasting out constantly.

Amen brother. Doesn't help that its NEVER anything good...in my opinion, of course.

nope, the one across the way from Gloria Jeans.

nope, the one across the way from Gloria Jeans.

Oh yes! Well a shop is closed in Paul St. Shopping Centre. The pharmacy. Dunno the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I'm sure this one is on everyone's wish list. Towarss the end of Patricks Street, that god damn Irish shop. Selling all things tacky, cheap and shíte. Makes me sick. And they're always blasting music too.

It's been for sale for ages too. Can't wait for it to go, I really can't.

Awh jesus. They must make a killing from the tourists though.

Won't be too many tourists these days though!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I really hope people whose jobs have been lost/at risk do not see this thread.

For the sake of the continued prosperity in Cork, surely you'd rather they stay open?

Gentlemans quarters are just annoying though. Even if they just shut up the music I'll be satisfied.

• Advertisement

SDooM wrote: »
    I really hope people whose jobs have been lost/at risk do not see this thread.

For the sake of the continued prosperity in Cork, surely you'd rather they stay open?

Oh, of course. I just dislike the place intensely. Would rather it be replaced by some other shop than nothing.

CommieBaz wrote: »
    Amen brother. Doesn't help that its NEVER anything good...in my opinion, of course.

Ah come on, nothing wrong with a bit of Wacko Jacko walking past the place!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Ah come on, nothing wrong with a bit of Wacko Jacko walking past the place!:cool:

No problem with his music, but I don't think many things associated with Jacko lead to great publicity...

...on the other hand...

*moonwalks*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was sad to see that zavvi/virgin had closed after been there for a decade,I think hmv should move in there but it probbly would'nt happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Have Barretts in Wilton SC closed also?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

McDonalds, Burger King et al!!! The sooner the damn places go the sooner the health of the country will start to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

It's been for sale for ages too. Can't wait for it to go, I really can't.

you know it's just moving a couple of doors up to a larger premises yeah?

You just ruined my day. :(

And McDonalds will never leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I read in newspaper that hmv are takin zavvi over. *goes back to my sickbowl*

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

how is that fat male how usually stands outside zavvi/argos with massive earphones and do be dancing.

Advertisement