Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems getting order from Jessops

• 25-02-2009 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Advice needed - Anyone else have experience dealing with Jessops in the UK - I ordered some gear off them over the phone early December - took over a month for most of the order to arrive after a billion emails. Still waiting on 3 items - tripod, 50mm lens and filter. They have ignored my emails since the bulk of the order arrived - is this typical service from them?

My last email demanded a date for delivery yet again or a refund - what can be done? I've been more then patient at this point.

thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Pure and only disappointment from dealing with the company. I will try to stay away from them. Just my personal opinion based on few extremely bad experiences. They do not have a slightest intention to do some business. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭paulkellypix

To be honest, I've never bought from them.....and that's not much use to you.

Pick up the phone and call them!

For future advice, I just ring up Barker in Cork and the next day delivery from Paddy is second to none!

Paul

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I bought the D300 from them. Had no problems at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭pawrick

yes guess I'll have to call again seems to be little way around it. Heard good review about them that's why I bought there but there seems to be occasions like mine where they just decide nope with no explanation.

Anyhow that's my experience with them now - won't be going back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

I've had no problems with them. They even called me one time when they didn't have the brand of SD card I ordered, they sent me out a different one and sent me the one I ordered when it came back into stock. They seem expensive at the moment though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,515 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Purchased a D90 and a few accessories from them in December last, no complaints whatsoever with their service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

I have bought a few things from Jessops and found them excellent to deal with. I go to their shop in the Buttercrane centre in Newry and the thing that brings me back is the staff. Their level of customer care I found way ahead of a lot of Dublin shops,Friendly, helpful and polite. There can be a bit of wait if they dont have things in stock,5 to 7 days but usually no more than a month. A detailed registered letter in your case might get you a result pretty quick.
    I bought a bag on 18th of Feb Mini-Trekker priced £75 but got it for £60 as a managers special because I bought a 40d. Just had call to say its in. On the 19th of Feb they launched new website and increased a lot of their prices, the Mini-trekker went up to £100:):) Nearly as dear as Dublin where it is €149:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dmac120

They are in big financial trouble somthing like 50-60 million in debt, i'd ring them or get a refund asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

^^^:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I read in BJP that they're going to close another 17 stores as paulkellypix says call them and don't let them away with it.

Having said that I've dealt with them in the past and never had a problem.

• Advertisement

I also hear they are closing stores this year. Basically any store that is not making money will close. I was in a store in London last year and there was about 7-8 staff 2 customers and neither of us bought anything.
    It was near the Lloyds building so you can imagine the overheads there.
    Any time I have been in Newry there have been a few people in and quite often from down here.

pawrick Quote yes guess I'll have to call again seems to be little way around it. Heard good review about them that's why I bought there but there seems to be occasions like mine where they just decide nope with no explanation.
    Anyhow that's my experience with them now - won't be going back.

Talking to a member of staff in Jessops this morning in Newry. They have closed 81 stores mainly in north of England and Scotland and are streamlining their whole operation. They dont carry half as much stock as they used to but usually have it within a specified number of days. I would ask them for a gift card on the basis you have been left hanging around so long. Did you chase up the British watchdog-consumer Assoc?
    Hope your gear turns up soon.
    I got great service from them again this morning in Newry . I cant recommend them highly enough:).

Advertisement