Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Loan

Options
  • 25-02-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Want to buy a car for 8k and have the cash but want to borrow instead and plan to pay it off over 2 years. Have a job etc. but uncertain times at the minute and if things don't work out in my job I want to be able to sit down and work out a new agreement without too much pressure.

Have no credit history. Any advice on best deals for me? Is a Credit Union the best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Id use some savings to reduce the price of the loan. CU seem to be the cheapes at the moment on rates. Some banks are offering free AA cover with car loans.

Shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinnyryan

Id use some savings to reduce the price of the loan. CU seem to be the cheapes at the moment on rates. Some banks are offering free AA cover with car loans.

Shop around.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i looked into credit union when looking for my loan, you need to be with them at least 6months and i think you have to have the amount you want to take a loan out for in your account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

A friend of mine started working in the Credit Union at the start of the week, I think she saisd you need 10% of your loan already in your account. But I wasn't really listening

Advertisement