Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost In The Shell

Options
  • 25-02-2009 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hello fellow boards users I just seen Ghost In The Shell the other day (I know it's been a long time coming) but wanted to get views from others who seen the movie?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

After Akira, only manga film that would stand up against a hollywood action movie imo...

Great show

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

Akira? Never heard of that one, Is it anygood?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Akira is a must-watch. Akira and Ghost In the Shell are seen as two of the greatest science-fiction films ever created, and for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Akira is a must-watch. Akira and Ghost In the Shell are seen as two of the greatest science-fiction films ever created, and for a reason.

Ghost in the shell Stand alone complex is also a must see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Ghost in the Shell and both seasons of Stand Alone Complex are both amazing, as well as Solid State Society which was thoroughly enjoyable but left me wanting for more (fingers crossed for a third season eventually).

Ghost in the Shell 2 was a bit of a mind frak for me, didn't really get it and wasn't very enthusiastic about re-watching it.

It's also a rarity in that the English dub cast are brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Ghost in the Shell is an excellent movie though I have to say that I enjoyed the Series much more than I did the movie.

Some great scenes and takes of the focus off Major and identifies with the other members of Section 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I too enjoyed Stand Alone Complex more than the film.

Akira was a hell of a ride also,
    but Akira left me feeling very underwhelmed. But the only reason for that is you are so captivated that you are expecting a film from the 80s to suddenly reveal the meaning of life. Which after I thought about it, made me feel very stupid.
    It is a must see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 lena-bell

I know i wrote this somewhere else yesterday but just to let you know ghost in the shell 2 innocence is one of the Japanese anime weekend films. It's on Sunday March 29th at 4.45.

I haven't watched either yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

Logan wrote: »

Akira made anime popular in the west. It's definitely worth a watch. Although I personally prefer GITS.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

Thanks everyone on your views will check out the other movies you suggested..

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭denashpot

Ghost in a shell over Akira any day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭L.R. Weizel

After Akira, only manga film that would stand up against a hollywood action movie imo...

Great show

How convenient that they're the two most popular ones?

The GiTS movie wasn't even that great. The show is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Theres a re-release of GITS coming up soon, not sure how much of an overhaul it got, but its going to be on Blu-Ray and have some remastered CG and audio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭L.R. Weizel

The most notable change is that they're making everything... orange instead of green. I didn't mind that look for Innocence, but GiTS should stay green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Logan wrote: »

:O
    good god man! what have you been doing since you joined the anime watching community!
    :P
    tis epic! as is ghost in the shell, that was actually the first anime film I ever watched :) it set the bar quite high

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DandareRastaban

GITS ... firstly: best script in science fiction I've ever seen (and I don't mean only animes but whole thing). Secondly: one of the best main character creations in history. More reasons to watch? Excellent graphics and arts!!! Seriously: it may be old but even in nowadays it's over standard.

I'm a great fan of this series even since I don't remember whole thing nowadays... and I can't find it to remind myself...

For anyone interested in: anime, science-fiction, philosophy, new-era-sociology or plainly in "art" it's one of best "must see" series.

Regards ^^

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Watch Princess Mononoke, me like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 shahakran

Just to point out that Showcase TV (Ch188 on Sky) show 2 episodes of Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: 2nd Gig every morning at 5 and 5:30am. <3 sky plus :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

The movies were alright, except innocence which was awful.The tv series was much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The original movie is a classic and I don't get the hate Innocence gets. I quite liked it.

The TV series is awesome though. It's gripping, well written, good characters, good action and a surprisingly good dub, quite the novelty in anime. I can't recommend it enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 OrigamiDragon

It's one of those series I always going to watch but always end up forgetting >_<

Advertisement