Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete Shed

Options
  • 25-02-2009 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

hi all

i was just wondering about a self build concrete block shed with a plaster finish and how easy or hard would be to do myself, im not to bad with my hands (a jack of all trades master of none lol), basicly wat it will be is 18X11ft and with a timber frame roof but unsrue on the finish yet (lean to) also it would have a concrete floor, 1 window and 1 door, electrics to be fitted 2 lights and 6 double sockets and was thinking of running water into it just incase for the future, nothing planned for it right now, also need to have a drainage system as were it's going seems to always pool with water with heavy rain, now should i attempt to tackel this project or leave it to the pro's

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

I've just started to do something like this, so far so good, yes a builder will get it done in a week or so, but if you have the time to spare and with the good wether and long days coming in, why not give it a bash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

why not man. It is tricky but if you have time and a good attention to detail then you are set.

Why not insulate the floor before you pore it . Just incase like.

even with 50mm. If you are using your shed projects like messing around bikes, cars or wood work ect... then you will glad you did on cold winter nights in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭jordo76

thanks guys

made a start on it and have the foundations in and the floor done (insulated) going to start the block work in the next couple of day but need to get my hands on a window and a door any idea as i dont realy want to fork out big money for a new 1's as second hand 1's would do :)

thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

OP, Im planning to do the same this summer. Ill try my hand at most things except the block laying. Sure I think you could get a block layer for less than a euro a block these days. I have the same prob with water pooling in the shed position, I must look into sorting this out. Best of luck:)

Advertisement