Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We are not alone!

Options
  • 25-02-2009 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2009/02/should_we_let_california_go_ba.html

An article about the fiscal problems that Ireland, oops sorry California, is facing! Ours is much worse, yet they seem pretty concerned about there $1000 defict per-person, when we have $5000 defict pp. Same core problem- pumping the tax revenue from a housing bubble into the public service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Californias been in trouble for years though ,arnie swarzillgiggers was suppose to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eoinbn

It covers that. Short story- Calf in trouble, get rid of gov, bring in Arnie, he moves them in the right direction, housing bubble starts in '04 and they are awash with money and lose control of themselves... again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I don't understand how you can say in the thread title ''we are not alone'' and then go on to point our we are in some measure 5 times worse.

I suppose their ability to get out of the recession is far beter than ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eoinbn

1huge1 wrote: »
    I don't understand how you can say in the thread title ''we are not alone'' and then go on to point our we are in some measure 5 times worse.

I suppose their ability to get out of the recession is far beter than ours.

The clue is in the title of the article: "Should We Let California Go Bankrupt". Talk about defaulting on debt etc.

Advertisement