Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tapas

• 25-02-2009 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

I am looking for somed handy Tapas recipes. Perferably one that can be prepared in advance and served either cold or reheated in microwave. Serving about 6 people. any ideas would be great.

Tbh if anyone has a suggestion for something elae which can be prepared and served as needed with little work feel free. The evening in question will not give me any time to be in the kitchen but I do need to have some kind of a meal. I just thought tapas would be good. May be not??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

There are loads of tapa recipes here.

http://www.tapas-recipes.com/tapas-recipes.html

Has anyone been to Pinxtos in Temple Bar? It's my current favourite restaurant (sorry, Saba, I'll come back to you).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I usually do - a potato tortilla, chorizo cooked in red wine, meatballs, smokey fish creamy thingy, chicken brochettas, patatas bravas, gambas and sliced meats and cheeses.

Tortilla - slice potatoes and fry in pan with sliced onions. Beat enough eggs to cover the potatoes, plop the spuds from the pan into the egg mixture (seasoned) and make sure the potatoes are mixed well. Put more oil into the pan, and on a low-med heat plop the potato mixture back in. When you reckon the bottom is cooked, pop under a grill until the top is cooked. Serve hot or cold. And add anything you want.

Slice raw chorizo (the little sausages - can get at Tesco deli counter) and cook in red wine for about 20 mins. Serve with crusty bread.

Meatballs - mince, onion, parsley, garlic and seasoning. Mix & roll up into balls, plop into a pot with a can of chopped tomatoes. Cover and cook over a low heat with the lid on for about 30 mins. Don't touch!

Fish thing. Put smoked fish, white fish, cherry tomatoes into a dish. Cook up onions and carrots until soft. Then add cream and simmer. Add parsley and cheese and pour over fish. Cook in oven for about 30 mins.

Chicken - marinade chunks of chicken in garlic and lemon juice, and anything you want really. Skewer and cook under grill/bbq/oven.

Gambas - cook fresh (if you can) prawns in a pan with garlic and butter for about 3 mins.

Most of that can be made in advance, and the chorizo in wine usually is the first to disappear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Oh! And really am a fan of Port House/Pinxtos. Cheap, cheerful and realllly tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

olaola wrote:
    Fish thing. Put smoked fish, white fish, cherry tomatoes into a dish. Cook up onions and carrots until soft. Then add cream and simmer. Add parsley and cheese and pour over fish. Cook in oven for about 30 mins.

Mmmm sounds good...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

thanks for all the lovely ideas. I have a fair idea what i am going to do now.

olaola, love the chorizo one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement