Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit people

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭CATWOMEN

Hi
    welcome to the site,
    thanks for all the info on the rabbits,
    and the pictures,
    Still looking for a lionhead locally.
    CATWOMENwink.gifsmile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jessicaR

I'll keep an eye out. Are you looking to adopt for free or would you consider paying a small amount as sometimes people looking to rehome ask for money so that people looking for free snake food or a free dinner (shudder) don't come along and take the rabbit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Its not advised to keep a Guinea pig on its own and its even worse to keep them with rabbits.

Emmo

Emmo wrote: »
    Its not advised to keep a Guinea pig on its own and its even worse to keep them with rabbits.

Emmo
    I am very well aware of that and I never said they are housed together.

P.S. Someone in this thread was asking the question about guinea pigs and rabbits being housed together
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59189530#post59189530
    Maybe you would like to give your advice there. Sabine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Hi, your bunnies are really cute great names for them (can be hard to come up with good rabbit names that aren't about food).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Catwoman i have 3 eight week old lionhead rabbits here. PM me for pics. Im in midlands

Dusty, do you breed lionheads or did you have an oopsy litter:)

no dont breed them. We have lops and used to have flemish giants. We bread the lion head because she was pure white and the breeder we got her off wanted to breed her with a white lion head. She only had 3 babies thank god.

Oh beautiful are they REW or BEW? The babies must look like little cotton balls:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

jessicaR wrote: »
    I am very well aware of that and I never said they are housed together.

P.S. Someone in this thread was asking the question about guinea pigs and rabbits being housed together
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59189530#post59189530
    Maybe you would like to give your advice there. Sabine

Not a problem glad you picked up both pieces of advice.

Emmo

• Advertisement

Yea they did, the mother is the nicest ive seen in a long time. The girlfriend let them off today to petworld in athlone. Something i was against as they double the price. They were born xmas day and she was saying if the got too big no one would want them. As soon as i was out the door this morning so was she.........on the way to the petshop:( I dont know if ill breed her again as i dont think its fair unless the babies all have owners.

I know it can be heart breaking letting go of baby rabbits especially if they go to a pet shop and you have no control over who the owner is. Just hope your little fluffballs find nice homes:) Thank God I live down in Cork or else I'd be off to that pet shop. By the way are they blue eyed or red eyed?

No they have very dark blue eyes. Nearly black. Its hard find white ones without red eyes a breeder told me. Means there deaf or something, Am i right? Yea its annoying alright especially when you see a child hand over 40 yo yos for a bunny the pet shop paid 20 for. Suppose they have to make a living too

Also will the mother know there gone? Will she need anything? And i can mail you pics of them if you want.

Oh you're killing me - BEW lionheads!!! How cute can it get:) The REW (red eyed white are usually slightly vision impaired and there may be hearing issues but they are cute all the same. I have a REW lionlop but haven't come across a blue eyed white in Ireland yet. Did you try and advertise for them online?

If they were born on Christmas day they are probably well weaned by now and the mum should be ok letting them go. My doe actually got fed upwith her litter once they were weaned off. I think your doe will be alright. If you do breed her again I'd wait a while though.
    Yes I'd love pictures PLEASE. They sound so CUTE

Yea i had them on the gumtree. But didn get one reply. Well i did off someone but i think it was a child. They kept sayin they needed to ask thier mam:)

would love to see some pictures.
    they sound beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

attachment.php?attachmentid=31245

I would love to see an all Irsh rabbit site where responsible breeders can advertise and loads of information is given on rabbit care etc and also as a forum to organise rabbit rescue and rehoming. If I had the know how and the time I'd design a website myself

• Advertisement

I just found the very thing. Brand new forum for rodent and rabbit keepers
    Check it out:
    http://irishrodentkeepers.proboards.com

Tried to get in a few times,
    could not reg for some reason
    Dont the rabbit people look scary,
    like something from a nuclear fall out.
    don't fancy adopting them.
    catwomenbiggrin.gif

Oh, what's the problem with the registration? I had problems initially too. I didn't scroll down the page once I clicked register. You'll find the stuff at the bottom of the page. if you have still problems I can ask admin for you.

Hi jessiciaR.
    Thanks for the site looks interesting
    got on it today..

CATWOMEN wrote: »
    Hi jessiciaR.
    Thanks for the site looks interesting
    got on it today..
    Is your username Lionhead?

could be.