Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

German Beer Online

• 26-02-2009 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

http://www.beerangel.com/index.php

I could not find the original tread where I found this website but to whoever posted the link all I can say is thank you,thank you,thank you.

Delivery took less than 2 weeks over christmas in secure packaging.Order 30 bottles for cheapest postage and I recommend anything from Auerbrau,takes me back to my summer in Rosenheim...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Thanks for the update

I presume that you had no problems with customs :)
    How was it shipped.. courier / regular post ??

• Registered Users Posts: 47 badkittybad

Regular post I think as I got it delivered to my work address I am not sure who made the final drop off,An Post sds service I persumed.All duties paid in Germany so no problems with customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I've used these three sites to order beer from Germany....

BierPaket
    Biershop Bayern
    fassfinder (5L Minikegs only!)

All were great with biershop bayern being the fastest.
    Fassfinder were a bit of a pain as they dont use paypal so had to transfer money via bank transfer, but on the other had they were cheap(once they ship to Ireland with hermes versend instead of dpd!!).
    Always fill my order as much as i can to get the best value for money in terms of delivery costs.

Update ,ordered last Thursday,arrived today,1 week later,via poor lady from An Post who nearly had a stroke lifting package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

If you order from the same brewery Biershop Bayern will combine delivery on 3 boxes (27 bottles.) Your not saving money though on beer you could buy here in Ireland.For EG i starting ordering 3 boxes of Augustiner Helles and
    the total including delivery came to 113.40. Divided by 27 that works out a €4.20 a bottle.:confused: Quite expensive when you consider there's no custom duties to pay.I can pick it up for €3.50 in Sweeney's on the north side.I suppose it's good for getting rare beers from small private breweries.

• Advertisement

Total cost from Beerangel for 30 0.5 litre bottles of mixed type 65.13 euro inc.29.50 post,just over 2 euro a bottle.Great value for the quality.

Postage rates are by weight with German post,so rates increase if over this.Packaging designed to carry 30 bottles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Total cost from Beerangel for 30 0.5 litre bottles of mixed type 65.13 euro inc.29.50 post,just over 2 euro a bottle.Great value for the quality.

Postage rates are by weight with German post,so rates increase if over this.Packaging designed to carry 30 bottles.

Thats fairly good value alright,
    When I got my bottle mix from Biershop Bayern it was €66.00 for 27 bottles, which is still fairly good imo. Must try beerangel next time I'm ordering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Now that's more like it.Just order 30 bottles of mixed Hellas for €61.
    Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

I recieved my 30 bottle wheatbeer pack during the week from beerangel and am very pleased:D It took about a week from when ordered to delivery by an post.Its great having so many different types of wheatbeer to try.
    cheers OP
    th_37583_232_0_122_147lo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

mayto wrote: »
    I recieved my 30 bottle wheatbeer pack during the week from beerangel and am very pleased:D It took about a week from when ordered to delivery by an post.Its great having so many different types of wheatbeer to try.
    cheers OP
    th_37583_232_0_122_147lo.jpg

bling!

/me looks at wallet

• Advertisement
Advertisement