Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

NoDice wrote: »
    Made the move from Galway yet? :)

Nope, will be leaving in an hour or so for the Friday commute, won't be starting the contract on Cork for 5 weeks or so will be here until then (well 'till Patrick's Day ish anyway) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

RoverJames wrote: »
    Nope, will be leaving in an hour or so for the Friday commute, won't be starting the contract on Cork for 5 weeks or so will be here until then (well 'till Patrick's Day ish anyway) :)

Cool are you looking forward to it or are you a bit :( leaving galway??

Are the pubs any better up there??

Happy enough to leave to be honest, I get fairly restless after a while anywhere. The place I am going back to is the place I left to come up here funnily enough. Will be a bit sad as the folk I work with are great and I share a house with two lads that are great craic too.

Galway is good to go out in, although I go home everyweekend, much friendlier vibe in Galway, everyone seems very chillaxed when out. Still, no where like home :) I reckon after 6 months or so back in Cork I will be mad for a move again though.

Really? I'm dying to organise a trip with the gang up to Galway. I've heard from alot of people it's a great place to go out. So it was good to get an opinion from someone who is from Cork but has lived in Galway. Thank you.

I think it's a great experience to move out of your comfort zone, which is what cork would be to me, but I really don't think I'd have the guts to do it!!

I've been talking about getting a VISA and doing a permanent move to the US (yes I know this is near impossible but with planning, optimism and a little bit of research I think it's possible!) but I dunno will I get used to it/be able to cope without my friends and family..

Do you mind me asking, have you lived anywhere else other than Galway and Cork? You don't have to answer! :)

Worked in Dublin (Clondalkin) for two and a half years, last few months of that I lived in Clane in Kildare (lovely spot) the crowd I worked for sent me to work on a project in Leicester for 3 months so I sort of lived there, stayed in a hotel and came back to Ireland every fortnight so it wasn't normal living.

About my comment above, 'tis Galway is chillaxed and better for going out, not Cork, in case I wasn't too clear on that :) A weekend in Galway I would highly recommend, wonderful spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Very sorry to hear this Webmonkey. Got a few shocks like that myself last year. You're completely right about kids needing to talk about everything more openly. If you guys were close and you want to talk about it, feel free to pm me. I don't mind. As you said yourself it helps to talk.

On a lighter note, where in Germany are you? Was thinking of doing a trip there but Amsterdam is very persuasive... :)

Good afternoon everybody.

Well I didn't know the guy personally well...but I know the father well and I see this guy often..only saw him last weekend...strange won't see him again!

Yep on lighter notes, I'm in Nurnburg/Erlangen in Baveria, germany. It's so snowy here....1 foot I think.... I'm a little worried that I won't make it to airport in Munich tomorrow morning so going to leave soon I think. Some trains are having problems even!

Amsterdam...I've only been to the Schipol airport just to get trains to Belgium etc. Must go into City next time :D

Webmonkey wrote: »

Well I didn't know the guy personally well...but I know the father well and I see this guy often..only saw him last weekend...strange won't see him again!

Yep on lighter notes, I'm in Nurnburg/Erlangen in Baveria, germany. It's so snowy here....1 foot I think.... I'm a little worried that I won't make it to airport in Munich tomorrow morning so going to leave soon I think. Some trains are having problems even!

Amsterdam...I've only been to the Schipol airport just to get trains to Belgium etc. Must go into City next time :D

Safe flight home Webmonkey!

Man I'm getting so many requests for Bavaria lately. I didn't ever really hear about it up until maybe some time last week. Intrigued. Still though, amsterdam seems the way to go I think!

Anyone have anything fantastically rosemantic prepared for this weekend?

Safe flight home Webmonkey!

Man I'm getting so many requests for Bavaria lately. I didn't ever really hear about it up until maybe some time last week. Intrigued. Still though, amsterdam seems the way to go I think!

Anyone have anything fantastically rosemantic prepared for this weekend?
    Yeah you should go, say be great craic in Amsterdam. Off to Thailand end of march too myself for the craic...bunch going so said I'd go. It's quite cheap to live there!

I've nothing romantic planned because as always, still single :p - ah well. How bout yourself?

I'm single too so unless some gorgeously sexy stunner captures my heart tonight or tomorrow night there shall be no romance for me this V day :D

We should have a boards single night out over weekend :p Only though if the ratio of girls to boys is correct!

• Advertisement

Yeah you should go, say be great craic in Amsterdam. Off to Thailand end of march too myself for the craic...bunch going so said I'd go. It's quite cheap to live there!

Thailand is meant to be awesome! I think I'd be afraid to go there without a big gang though, heard so many stories!!

Gotta watch out for those sexy lady-boys too eh? :p

I'm single too so unless some gorgeously sexy stunner captures my heart tonight or tomorrow night there shall be no romance for me this V day :D

Ha ha going out then are ya?

I was never into the whole V-day thing but thought I'd do something this year for my OH as he's really been so good to me. I was going to steal yer ideas! :p

I was never into the whole V-day thing but thought I'd do something this year for my OH as he's really been so good to me. I was going to steal yer ideas! :p

Gentlemen are very easy to please Ms Dice, a little gesture from a lady goes a long way. Something as simple as getting him his favourite take away and whatever drink he likes would have him happy out.

Bit late now but a well chosen t shirt, or DVD or something like that off ebay that isn't easy to come by in shops is hard to beat too, there's always next year ;)

Gentlemen are very easy to please Ms Dice, a little gesture from a lady goes a long way. Something as simple as getting him his favourite take away and whatever drink he likes would have him happy out.

Bit late now but a well chosen t shirt, or DVD or something like that off ebay that isn't easy to come by in shops is hard to beat too, there's always next year ;)

Thanks man. Yeah I was thinking of just something we can do that's different. Like we live together and there is always beer in the fridge.

It was just his birthday and I spent a fortune on some pretty cool stuff which he was happy with (gamer chair for xbox, collectors edition ME2 walkthrough, wii guns with laser pointer, house of dead for the wii and a holiday which I also organised so that his old friends from college could go too!)(that's right, even I'm smug about what I got him!)(:o).
    So didn't want to do the whole material thing and just wanted to do something nice, chilling etc etc

Christ, you have him spoilt :eek:

Ha ha not really. He's very good to me and I really just wanted to see him super happy. He really deserves a break and has been so good to me lately. Ooh boo boo boo! :rolleyes: Anyway!

Just to change the subject back to the ladyboys -

129029888861085838.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

We should have a boards single night out over weekend :p Only though if the ratio of girls to boys is correct!

That's a very good call - I'm in! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

V-day....so overrated! If himself gets me a gift Ill be so annoyed, were going for dinner, something we do most sundays so no change there!

On the upside had my interview, went as well I could have expected it to, well until my posters fell off the wall half way through the presentation! So fingers crossed, just have to wait it out now!

To take my mind off it I've booked my summer holidays, Rome and Tuscany for 2 weeks in June, yipee!

Morning all.

I'm feeling very Olympic today! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

colblimp wrote: »
    Morning all.

I'm feeling very Olympic today! :D

Mornin(its not right having to get up this early for work.

Also

!!!Gwan Ireland!!!

• Advertisement

Morning Colblimp, Save_our_socks & Papa L. Best of Luck with a call back for the interview Save_our_socks.

Sad I'm going to miss the match. :(

And double sad I'm in work, slightly hung over. :(:(

Oh don't worry I heard about those lady boys haha.

I just got home now! - Going straight since I left message yesterday! - Up 30 hours now :eek:

I just got more news about the lad that done died :( It's actually the scariest story I have heard...it was all planned....I can't go into detail :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Sorry to hear about that Webmonkey, its an awful feeling to have when someone takes their own life regardless of how well you knew the person. Have been there far too many times myself.

Thanks,

I just got up now, I'm half asleep. Hungry, think I'll be off bed soon again :) So how is everyone today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

jees i'm sorry to hear about that webby. its scary to know that's right on your doorstep, makes the issue more real.

I think i ate too much chinese and sweets last night,was too sick to contemplate work this morning, the hospital has the norovirus so i was quite worried it was that!! i been in bed all day and only feel better now to eat something :mad:

Thanks,

I just got up now, I'm half asleep. Hungry, think I'll be off bed soon again :) So how is everyone today?

I'm bloody knackered after watching the opening ceremony last night/this morning. I so wish Canada wasn't 8 hours behind us, I'm going to have no sleep for the next 16 days! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

AHHHHHHH it is a Saturday evening and I am sooooooooo bored!!
    Suggestions anyone?

Webmonkey sorry to hear your news :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

cimena

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

kingtut wrote: »
    AHHHHHHH it is a Saturday evening and I am sooooooooo bored!!
    Suggestions anyone?

Webmonkey sorry to hear your news :(
    watch a dvd or read a book, or cinema? how are you otherwise?

• Advertisement

how is everyone this evening??

nursemar88 wrote: »
    how is everyone this evening??

Bored so soooo bored!! Stuck at home with nothing to do and you? Are you in Cork / Tipp?

cimena

to see what? and with who?
    watch a dvd or read a book, or cinema? how are you otherwise?

Dont want to go to the cinema on my own and im bored of dvds ahhhh!!
    other than that I am good thanks and you?

Bored so soooo bored!! Stuck at home with nothing to do and you? Are you in Cork / Tipp?
    I'm in Cork... in bed! i'm so so tired...my third long day in a row...and i just did not sleep last night!! i'd be bored but ive loads of tv shows to catch up on! and i would offer to go to cinema with you but im just way too tired!

Head off to your local pub for a pint Mr Tut dude, loads of folk do it :)

I'm in Cork... in bed! i'm so so tired...my third long day in a row...and i just did not sleep last night!! i'd be bored but ive loads of tv shows to catch up on! and i would offer to go to cinema with you but im just way too tired!

aww thanks nursemar88 :) that is very sweet. hope you get better sleep tonight!!
    Head off to your local pub for a pint Mr Tut dude, loads of folk do it :)

with who? any ballinlough boardsies want a pint?

• Advertisement

Go on your own :) That's what local pubs are for. If Nursey was any good she'd make room in that bed for you ;)

There is Irish boxing on tonight so you can have a look at that while in the pub, you won't look or feel in the slightest bit out of place, I often go to pubs on my own to watch matches and stuff.

Go on your own :) That's what local pubs are for. If Nursey was any good she'd make room in that bed for you ;)

hmm might go for a drink in the local....

ahhh :eek: no, I think her boyfriend might have something to say about that! :eek:

If Nursey was any good she'd make room in that bed for you ;)
    well you can just feck right off with a comment like that, James! I don't have room in my bed because my boyfriend is in it!

Was only joking about the room in the bed :)

Say its bed time again for me. Just after a disgusting chinese.

• Advertisement

Say its bed time again for me. Just after a disgusting chinese.
    where did you get it?

where did you get it?
    The one in rathmore. Yuck...even the mushrooms tasted sour.

aww thanks nursemar88 :) that is very sweet. hope you get better sleep tonight!!
    god i hope i do too... felt crap just lying awake all night...

The one in rathmore. Yuck...even the mushrooms tasted sour.
    eeeeewwwhhhhh :(

Yeah, annoying alright. I went bed for 3 hours there a few hours ago. Up since 8am yesterday morning :eek: - Damn snow in Germany...was afraid I wouldn't make to airport in time so left yesterday evening instead. Think I'll stay in bed all day tomorrow :D

well id say ill be awake for hours so if ya need someone to chat to give me a shout :)

you workin tomorrow? can't remember cos my memory is so bad :o

Yeah, annoying alright. I went bed for 3 hours there a few hours ago. Up since 8am yesterday morning :eek: - Damn snow in Germany...was afraid I wouldn't make to airport in time so left yesterday evening instead. Think I'll stay in bed all day tomorrow :D
    good idea!!! :D wish i could... ah well...
    well id say ill be awake for hours so if ya need someone to chat to give me a shout :)

you workin tomorrow? can't remember cos my memory is so bad :o
    thanks i might do! ya i am working... fourth 12 hour shift in a row! i'll be glad when its over but then im goin home to visit my baby goddaughter whos just out of hospital! :D:D

thanks i might do! ya i am working... fourth 12 hour shift in a row! i'll be glad when its over but then im goin home to visit my baby goddaughter whos just out of hospital! :D:D

i hope ya do :) 4 12hr shift! eugh! cant say im jealous, think of the money though!!

aww how sweet whats her name?

i hope ya do :) 4 12hr shift! eugh! cant say im jealous, think of the money though!!

aww how sweet whats her name?
    sarah... she was 6 weeks premature and tiny. but shes home now so yay!! we couldnt visit her while she was in hospital.

I'm off people....I can't stay awake anymore! Night!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement