Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

nursemar88 wrote: »
    sarah... she was 6 weeks premature and tiny. but shes home now so yay!! we couldnt visit her while she was in hospital.

im delighted for you :) good news always puts a smile on my face.

I need to buy a new camera, looking as we speak, also have a craving for icecream! Should I get some?

Night webmonkey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I'm off people....I can't stay awake anymore! Night!
    night webby

kingtut wrote: »
    im delighted for you :) good news always puts a smile on my face.

I need to buy a new camera, looking as we speak, also have a craving for icecream! Should I get some?
    ya im happy out shes home :) and hell ya ice cream... drive thru maccy ds for a caramel sundae...mmmm...

ya im happy out shes home :) and hell ya ice cream... drive thru maccy ds for a caramel sundae...mmmm...

drooolllllllllll :p

no drive thru near here....what ya think of ben and jerrys?

drooolllllllllll :p

no drive thru near here....what ya think of ben and jerrys?
    meh... i prefer like ice cream cone type ice cream....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

evening all! long time no etc.

meh... i prefer like ice cream cone type ice cream....

and where would i get ice cream cone type ice cream at this time of night :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

and where would i get ice cream cone type ice cream at this time of night :(

McDonalds

McDonalds

do they deliver :pac:

• Advertisement

i REALLY doubt it! :)

deRanged wrote: »
    evening all! long time no etc.
    evening! how you keeping?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

They do in Galway AFAIK,

Lennoxs, Mizzoni's, Domino's etc all deliver and have ice-cream..

evening! how you keeping?

drunk :). and you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Success....all three kiddies have finally stopped battling Mr. Sandman! Hope everyones evenings going better than mine!

deRanged wrote: »
    drunk :). and you?
    sleepy...sorry i fell asleep there so im gonna go back to sleep now. night enjoy drunkenness :)

• Advertisement

sleepy...sorry i fell asleep there so im gonna go back to sleep now. night enjoy drunkenness :)

lol. merci!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dorky dave

Any body watchin the boxin, on RTE i know its heavy weight and all that but yer mans a fat ****.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

nope in bed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

If you're getting a new camera KT, does that mean a photo-walk/trip will be on the menu soon? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dorky dave

Hi all new to boards, how do i post a message????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

dorky dave wrote: »
    Hi all new to boards, how do i post a message????

You just did it :D

If you meant how do you start a new thread then to the left hand-side in the main forum section you should see a button saying "New Thread".

Just click on that and type away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

How's people tonight? - Getting ready for Cork now myself...

These are a few bad photo shots of where I was last week....

How's people tonight? - Getting ready for Cork now myself...

These are a few bad photo shots of where I was last week....

snowy!! im good..how are you? you're just back and im heading to tipp!

Yeah it was crazy, didn't expect to see snow again after what we got in Ireland. It was -6 but stangly enough it only felt like 1oc here. No frost on cars either...guess it's our moist air that makes it feel so cold!

Off to Tipp then, you must be glad after those hard days work you've done :p - how long you spending in tipp.

Yeah it was crazy, didn't expect to see snow again after what we got in Ireland. It was -6 but stangly enough it only felt like 1oc here. No frost on cars either...guess it's our moist air that makes it feel so cold!

Off to Tipp then, you must be glad after those hard days work you've done :p - how long you spending in tipp.
    hey... i just finished my fourth twelve hour shift in a row today!! so ya...plenty of hard work! so there! :p im going back for like 2 or 3 days...delighted!

i would have being sickened... snow is pretty and all but god i really dont like it! its freezin cold, wet and impossible to drive in! whats to like?? i was so sick and tired of driving at like 20km all the time for a couple of weeks!! *between the ice and the snow

hey,if your going to be nursing in 10-15yrs time i'd get used to those 12hr shifts :D
    i know i have already
    :)

hey,if your going to be nursing in 10-15yrs time i'd get used to those 12hr shifts :D
    i know i have already
    :)
    i didnt say im not used to them im just saying i deserve my break :D

it is tough going ;)

it is tough going ;)
    which hospital do you work in?

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Sucks about the 12 hour shift work, dont know how ye do it girls!

Should know in the next 48 hours if I got a place in my first choice of my Post Grad options.....they said 2 weeks but everyone seems to be finding out the Monday or Tuesday after, sigh, its going to be a long day since track doesnt seem to get updated until after 3 ish.......tick tock tick tock

• Advertisement

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Sucks about the 12 hour shift work, dont know how ye do it girls!

Should know in the next 48 hours if I got a place in my first choice of my Post Grad options.....they said 2 weeks but everyone seems to be finding out the Monday or Tuesday after, sigh, its going to be a long day since track doesnt seem to get updated until after 3 ish.......tick tock tick tock
    How did it actually go? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Morning everyone.

Man was so late to work this morning, I turned off my phone this morning instead of pressing snooze. Dose. Hate when that happens.

Got my fingers crossed for you socks, best of luck, let us know how you get on!

Everyone have a good weekend?

Weekend was happy out, no Monday blues for me either today, makes a big difference when you're leaving a place, wind down nice and gently :D

I actually managed to not watch the rugby too which was class as I'm not at all interested in it. Also their seemed to be very few rugger buggers types out on Saturday (they must have went home early or something).

So happy out really, for a Monday :)

Yeah I'm actually not in a bad mood, just tired.. Very very tired. Also ended up watching the rugby in my house and our friends called over.

Ha ha you sound cool as a cucumber today RJames! Glad to hear!

I'm quite good for a Monday morning but man have I a lot of work to do before 2nd March deadline. It's quite unrealistic. Think it will be 14 hour days for me now up until then including weekends! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Morning,

I'm good this morning too. finished 4 12 hour shifts yesterday & no work till thursday. :D
    I'm quite good for a Monday morning but man have I a lot of work to do before 2nd March deadline. It's quite unrealistic. Think it will be 14 hour days for me now up until then including weekends! :(

14 hour days dont count if you spend all the time on Boards. :P

mudokon wrote: »
    Morning,

I'm good this morning too. finished 4 12 hour shifts yesterday & no work till thursday. :D

14 hour days dont count if you spend all the time on Boards. :P
    Don't worry, I'll be closing my gmail account soon :p

ha ha, I tell myself that when I'm at work too, never manage to actually log out though. :pac:

Think I'll head in to watch Avatar today.

How did it actually go? :)

It went ok, couldnt really get much of an indication from them, they interviewed about 50 on the day with about 25 places allocated to my interview so its pretty much 50:50 on whether or not I get it, not liking them odds!

Interview itself went well, think I answered the questions well i.e why I want to become a teacher, the qualities I possess, what I like about teaching etc. had loads of documentation from college and work placement about my nature and ability with children so hopefully, they were really interested in my theories on how teachers apply themself to the job as I disagreed with how teachers apply themselves to the job in my personal statement (basically people studying completely different career paths and then not being able to get a job so do a post grad in teaching to get a decent job, no offence to anyone who has done this, if teaching is your passion fine, but do not under any circumstances knock someone like me who is consumed by the profession and wants to do nothing else but teach, and tell me that my course is a joke :mad:.) The hardest part was the maths exam, roman numerals, 3D shapes and decimals. Essay went ok, was discuss an area of the curriculum that interests you while reflecting on your experience in a primary school. Presentation went ok, well until my posters fell off the wall half way through, think one of the interviewers might have had difficulty understanding my accent but gave them hard copies of my presentation for them to read over with further lesson plan samples, was trying to score brownie points to show the extent of my knowledge (only person who did this, everyone at the table was a bit miffed that they hadnt thought of doing it!)

Checking track every 30 mins, gonna get no college work done today, even came into College early, should hopefully know by tomorrow night.

Sorry about the essay, bricking it and I cant talk to people about it in the Library!!!

• Advertisement

Hope you get it :)
    Will be a real shame if you don't.

Wow Socks good job! Really hope you get it too. You sounded so well prepared! :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    Hope you get it :)
    Will be a real shame if you don't.

Thanks! Really stressed about it, most of the other colleges are full, 2nd choice is full (Edinburgh, thankfully since I changed my mind about them!) and my third choice (Middlesex) is still open but looks like they arent interviewing until April, don't think I could wait that long! Plus I havent applied to Middlesex yet, the GTTR system in England is strange, you can only apply for 2 places at a time, and the 2nd place doesnt get your application until the first place rejects you!

Thanks! Really stressed about it

I reckon you'll get it, loads of the other folks would have come across as disinterested and going through the motions compared to the presentation you did by the sounds of it, you'll be fine. The worry and anxiety etc won't do you any harm :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    I reckon you'll get it, loads of the other folks would have come across as disinterested and going through the motions compared to the presentation you did by the sounds of it, you'll be fine. The worry and anxiety etc won't do you any harm :)

Worry and anxiety do me major harm! Doc is convinced Im going to give myself an ulcer, b/f has decided that some day hes going to call over and find various body parts all over my apartment as Im going to explode from the stress I carry. Last time I was so worried about something I ended up in the doctors with a spasm attack in my gall bladder, worst pain Ive ever experienced, and Ive an extremely high pain threshold! Trying to distract myself by researching journal articles, thankfully Ive a block of 3 hours of lectures at 1 to distract me for a while

Socks, it sounds like you have a great chance of getting a place. Even if they didnt read your hard copies & the extra lesson plans you prepared, the fact that you put the effort in to prepare them will stand you in good stead.

As you have said on here that you are passionate about teaching & that enthusiasm will always come out in interviews.

A 50/50 chance is good odds.

Fingers crossed for you.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Been pretty much keeping it to myself, like everyone knows I went for my interview but lied when the reults will be out to avoid the torture of people asking me again and again and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Hello:)

Hey :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Hey :)

my laptop battery is low =[ and the charger is downstairs:(

Morning!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.