Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Webmonkey wrote: »
    been awake, doesn't happen with me too often! :p

people often say that about me too :confused: still, when im on a roll im good :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

corkcomp wrote: »
    people often say that about me too :confused: still, when im on a roll im good :pac:
    Yeah similar also, I'm def the kind that goes crazy and work when I know exactly what to do....usually do weeks work in one day :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Just home from a lovely evening with my amazing friend, oh how I wish she would like me as more than a friend :(

I can dream :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

kingtut wrote: »
    Just home from a lovely evening with my amazing friend, oh how I wish she would like me as more than a friend :(

I can dream :pac:

Would you ever say it to her or just kinda hint it?
    Sure she'd probably e flattered even if she declines....

Worth a shot yeah =)

So much happening tonight peeps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

go for it. better to have it out in the open than not.
    (spoken as someone who did that recently)

deRanged wrote: »
    Fair play :) - how you these days, don't see you on much

All this relationship talk today is making me think...maybe I should go and find someone :p - friends and house mates giving me a hard time about it lately... :p

Fair play :) - how you these days, don't see you on much

good thanks! busy at work so only on here in the evenings, and nights like tonight where I'm in from the pub!
    All this relationship talk today is making me think...maybe I should go and find someone :p

sure go for it sure!
    I'm all about the positive thinking these days.

good thanks! busy at work so only on here in the evenings, and nights like tonight where I'm in from the pub!

Better than having nothing to do I guess :p

sure go for it sure!
    I'm all about the positive thinking these days.

Yeah, maybe you're right. Next night I go out now, though never have any luck nights out...my circle of friends are all male too which doesn't help!

Better than having nothing to do I guess :p
    having nothing to do is not an issue believe me! gym/pool in the mornings, work, , home and more work ...
    Yeah, maybe you're right. Next night I go out now, though never have any luck nights out...my circle of friends are all male too which doesn't help!

we need to get some of the attached lady cork boardsies to bring unattached female friends along to cork boards outings!

• Advertisement

having nothing to do is not an issue believe me! gym/pool in the mornings, work, , home and more work ...

Long days alright...How many more years have you?

we need to get some of the attached lady cork boardsies to bring unattached female friends along to cork boards outings!

Ha yeah...there's an idea :p

Long days alright...How many more years have you?
    ideally one, but who knows!

Ha yeah...there's an idea :p

I'll leave you to organise that :)

haha yeah... we'll see :pac:

Anyways unfort, I must go sleep...gotta try get up early again tomorrow morning!

Night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

monday mondaaaay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Don't mind hinting anything!!

It's an exercise in futility... if you're going for it be explicit..

In my experience you might thing you're dropping the biggest hints ever and she'll just think it's friendly banter. :cool:

I have been hinting for months and she does not seem to flirt back...

and how do you propose that I do it discreetly?

+1
    Don't mind hinting anything!!

It's an exercise in futility... if you're going for it be explicit..

In my experience you might thing you're dropping the biggest hints ever and she'll just think it's friendly banter. :cool:

If I am explicit I risk losing a good friend, something that has happened in the past and I am not making that mistake again! Maybe I'll just wait for a single female boardsie to take an interest in me....;)

She isn't a good friend though really, you fancy the arse off her, realistically you'd be better off telling her and risking the friendship. Longterm headwreck otherwise, you'll allways be wondering.

RoverJames wrote: »
    She isn't a good friend though really, you fancy the arse off her, realistically you'd be better off telling her and risking the friendship. Longterm headwreck otherwise, you'll allways be wondering.

I'm afraid you are wrong, she is a good friend, a very good friend. I have known her for just under 2 years and I only developed feelings for her in the last few months.

If it was a girl I just met and was immediately attracted to them then I'd bite the bullet and ask them out because if they said no it didn't matter however with this girl it does, ultimately I still want her as a friend at the very least (and I am not willing to risk the friendship, I did it with a friend a few years ago and she chose not to remain my friend as she found it too uncomfortable).

We are meeting up again tonight...

I'm afraid you are wrong, she is a good friend, a very good friend. I have known her for just under 2 years and I only developed feelings for her in the last few months.

If it was a girl I just met and was immediately attracted to them then I'd bite the bullet and ask them out because if they said no it didn't matter however with this girl it does, ultimately I still want her as a friend at the very least (and I am not willing to risk the friendship, I did it with a friend a few years ago and she chose not to remain my friend as she found it too uncomfortable).

We are meeting up again tonight...
    But maybe she's in exactly same boat as you...afraid to say it...I mean if ye meeting up that often...it's a good sign :)

I know what you mean about risking friendship though...

Best of luck with it Mr Tut Dude, meeting two night in a row, I reckon she may well be interested to be honest. Would you be happy being friends with her longterm and hiding your true feelings for her ? Doesn't sound like fun really. Tell her, ask her out. Otherwise you're just in limbo land. Alternative is you carry on as you are and some other chap hooks up with her, she then has less time for you and your friendship won't be the same anyway.

• Advertisement

But maybe she's in exactly same boat as you...afraid to say it...I mean if ye meeting up that often...it's a good sign :)

Thanks webby, we don't usually meet up this often (normally just on a Monday evening if at all!!) Unfortunately often when I text it takes her 3-4 days to reply.... that to mean makes it sound like she is not interested...

Ah well sure she is still going to be a friend and that is the main thing for me, now back to normal life....

So when is this bring your single female friends to a boards night happening webby? :pac:

Best of luck with it Mr Tut Dude, meeting two night in a row, I reckon she may well be interested to be honest. Would you be happy being friends with her longterm and hiding your true feelings for her ? Doesn't sound like fun really. Tell her, ask her out. Otherwise you're just in limbo land. Alternative is you carry on as you are and some other chap hooks up with her, she then has less time for you and your friendship won't be the same anyway.

Thanks RoverJames :)

Well if she is interested she is not making it all that obvious...last night she invited me out, and I invited her out tonight.
    To answer your question I would be happier remaining friends and hiding my feelings than not remaining friends at all.

I would love to hear a girls opinion on this after all us guys (well me anyway) are not the best at picking up on girls signals etc...)

I would love to hear a girls opinion on this after all us guys (well me anyway) are not the best at picking up on girls signals etc...)

Tell me about it, in hindsight I am but "live" I never spot them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

I dont suppose you know anything about body language do you tut? :P learn young padiwan! :pac:

It isn't all crap i swear! Its crazy what you start to see after a while! Hell i can tell when my dad lies to me about anything now xP

magicianz wrote: »
    I dont suppose you know anything about body language do you tut? :P learn young padiwan! :pac:

It isn't all crap i swear! Its crazy what you start to see after a while! Hell i can tell when my dad lies to me about anything now xP

Hey magicianz! Long time no posty, how are you??

Well I am a self confessed natural flirt so maybe what others would see as signals I would see as normal...

You going to come along to the next meetup and bring all your single friends? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Hey guys! Late start today at work. Had a great night last night, started in the Brog after work and went for a lovely dinner at my friends house with the gang. Really enjoyed it!:)

Glad to hear you'd a good night Tutty!

Hey RJames, start the move yet??

Hey Webby! Hey DeRanged! Hey Ms Cat! :D

shakencat wrote: »
    monday mondaaaay

Ba baa ba, so good to me, ba baa ba! (It's Wednesday babe. :confused: Right?)

That sounds fun! I've alot of male friends but have one buddy(female) recently single. She's a bit of a handful though! Hot hot hot all the same (no one dare say "pic or gtfo!"). ;)

Maybe if you organise a drinks night? Might make it to a boards night if we can bring buddies like.. :o

I can see your point here James in that my fave motto is "It's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all".. But it's not fair to say she's not a good friend. I was in the same situation before but from the girls point of view, and we had been friends since 14 like (I'm 22). Grew up together etc. I'll be honest I ended up telling him we had become so close it would be weird. We ended up together one night though and it really truly was just weird.. Still best friends though!

Basically we met up alot, I met up with him cause he was great company and always had a laugh, wasn't interested in what could become of us. He didn't take it very well and said I was leading him on.. I didn't see it that way though..

So that's my experience of the same situation but from the girls perspective. Just saying we're still best friends, you're not going to lose a friend for telling them how you feel. I wasn't interested tbh cause he wasn't my type really, couldn't say that though.. :o

I always think though Mr Tut, that no matter what is said to you in a forum or by your friends anywhere else really, that you've your own mind made up about it. We're like that little push that finally gets you up doing something about it! :D

/rant over :o

Thanks RoverJames :)

Well if she is interested she is not making it all that obvious...last night she invited me out, and I invited her out tonight.
    To answer your question I would be happier remaining friends and hiding my feelings than not remaining friends at all.

Some of my opinion is in my last post.

Just want to say that we are still best friends and still talk about what happened etc and still hang out and text all the time. I think if she's a good enough friend man, she's not going to stop hanging around with you because you tell her you like her. Also you never know she might like you too!

Signal wise, I don't send any. Some guys say I'm flirting etc but I'm not at all. I don't even think I know how to flirt I've just always been in a relationship! Some girls are different though.

On a plus type story for you though, my current boyfriend and I were both going out with someone before each other. We were working together and went out together etc. One night got drunk and we were the last two left. Started talking etc and he told me he liked me and vice versa and we hit it off!! neither of us had any idea, neither of us sent any signals made any moves etc. We're now living together!! I've never been happier.

So you see, it might work out, it might not. If it doesn't, than it didn't for a reason. If it does, then you've got yourself a best friend that you can go to bed with at night. :)

NoDice wrote: »

Hey RJames, start the move yet??

Nope, starting back there on the 22nd, told here that I wouldn't be seeing out my full 12 month contract yesterday, gave them a months notice so will be finishing just before Patrick's Day. Will be off work for the guts of a week to enjoy Cheltenham :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

hmmm tis a tough one King Tut, good luck with whatever you decide!! Uh stuck in a lecture about Denmark: history of educational structure with governing law developments since 1849. Interesting but tiring, doesnt help that i drank my weight in vodka last night!!

• Advertisement

Nope, starting back there on the 22nd, told here that I wouldn't be seeing out my full 12 month contract yesterday, gave them a months notice so will be finishing just before Patrick's Day. Will be off work for the guts of a week to enjoy Cheltenham :D

Cool! So I bet you're looking forward to it? Would you be up for going to a boards night in March? I'd be more comfortable going to one if another "newbie to a night out" was going tbh. I'm a bit weird like that. :o

Cool! So I bet you're looking forward to it? Would you be up for going to a boards night in March? I'd be more comfortable going to one if another "newbie to a night out" was going tbh. I'm a bit weird like that. :o

maybe someone should organise a newbie's night? Im on for going ot meet up but like you id be more comfortable if there were others there who hadnt been before :D

maybe someone should organise a newbie's night? Im on for going ot meet up but like you id be more comfortable if there were others there who hadnt been before :D

Yeah definately! I was thinking March because I'm kind of busy/broke until then and it'd give James a chance to settle back in again and maybe think about going too?

Just everyone seems so sound here and I always happily log in at work and chat away but it's so weird cause I can't put a face to anyone and I don't know anyone here. :o

Like and instead of pints, maybe a cocktail party? I'd be happy to host one even?? Or we could go to the long Island or something and sort out a section, I get a discount on the drinks in there so as a group it'd be good fun, we can chat and so on..?

Glad to hear you'd a good night Tutty!

Thanks!
    I've alot of male friends but have one buddy(female) recently single. She's a bit of a handful though! Hot hot hot all the same (no one dare say "pic or gtfo!"). ;)

Maybe if you organise a drinks night? Might make it to a boards night if we can bring buddies like.. :o

No need to post the pics just pm them to me instead ;) how old is this lady friend?

There is a pool + drinks night being organised as we speak, check the Feb thread...

hmmm tis a tough one King Tut, good luck with whatever you decide!! Uh stuck in a lecture about Denmark: history of educational structure with governing law developments since 1849. Interesting but tiring, doesnt help that i drank my weight in vodka last night!!

Thanks! Interesting lecture....

If I turn up and completely blank the people I know can I come? pleaseeeeeeee! :o
    Just everyone seems so sound here and I always happily log in at work and chat away but it's so weird cause I can't put a face to anyone and I don't know anyone here. :o

If you are a stalker you will find my pic on boards somewhere...

If I turn up and completely blank the people I know can I come? pleaseeeeeeee! :o

go on so! it would be worth it just to see peoples reactions to that :pac:

Yeah definately! I was thinking March because I'm kind of busy/broke until then and it'd give James a chance to settle back in again and maybe think about going too?

Like and instead of pints, maybe a cocktail party? I'd be happy to host one even?? Or we could go to the long Island or something and sort out a section, I get a discount on the drinks in there so as a group it'd be good fun, we can chat and so on..?

long island sounds good! so you want to get drunk quicker than when drinking pints yeah? :P

I cant multi quote btw .. hence two posts together

• Advertisement

What's this i hear about single ladies :p

Man things not going well work today....hows everyone elses day? -

What's this i hear about single ladies :p

pretty s**t tbh, people dont seem to get that not all things can be fixed! Just so people know, IT engineers dont really care about broken stilleto heels (spelling) .. i had to get that off my chest :pac::P oh well only an hour left

oh well only an hour left

half day? :eek:

pretty s**t tbh, people dont seem to get that not all things can be fixed! Just so people know, IT engineers dont really care about broken stilleto heels (spelling) .. i had to get that off my chest :pac::P oh well only an hour left
    haha can be annoying alright...know how you feel

Cool! So I bet you're looking forward to it? Would you be up for going to a boards night in March? I'd be more comfortable going to one if another "newbie to a night out" was going tbh. I'm a bit weird like that.

I know what you mean I'm like that too. Meeting loads of folks that you only know from the net is a fairly intimidating thought for me to be honest.

hows everyone elses day? -

Happy enough, was late in so will be here till after six, quiet here at the mo, no disasters having folk in a panic. Legs a bit sore after my little trot last night, and didn't shave so must do that tonight.

Looking forward to some birds eye salmon and noodles :D

• Advertisement

half day? :eek:

in my defence I was in at 8 a.m. what hours do you guys work? I function better earlier in the day ... once 5 pm comes I have no brain power left:eek:

in my defence I was in at 8 a.m. what hours do you guys work? I function better earlier in the day ... once 5 pm comes I have no brain power left:eek:
    I'm here at 8.30 but usually don't start till 9 - but I stay in generally until 6 but these days its 9 unfort!

I have a morning meeting at 8am, was in by ten past Mon and Tues so deserved a lie in this morning, was in after 9 :o Joys of leaving :D

those long hours are rough alright, really hits ya by Friday! I did it for 3 or 4 years after college and was nearly burnt out

I was in at 7.45 will be here until around 6 I would say, then I have bootcamp from 7 to 8 then hopefully meeting Miss Perfect at 9..

long island sounds good! so you want to get drunk quicker than when drinking pints yeah? :P

I cant multi quote btw .. hence two posts together

I just love cocktails!! :D

And do you see the tab directly after the "quote" tab? Looks like a page with a plus sign on it? That's the multi quote tab. Just hit it on any or every post you want to quote and when you click reply, they automatically appear in your reply message! Hope that helps. :)

Work is tipping away! On a late shift today so on until 9. But it's going quickly enough.

And I'm not a stalker..! :eek:

Well Miss perfect cancelled so after boot camp I get to strip off, shower and watch tv, maybe get a Chinese, NYOM!

mmm i'd love to get a chinese.. can i have it?

What's bootcamp, some sort of training I take it ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement