Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Webmonkey wrote: »
    you're right :)

Scary how in to this my dad is....he was always giving out about soaps before...but maybe that was just faircity
    hahha

ah everyones been waitin on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It's going surprisingly well for a live version.

It's going surprisingly well for a live version.

i no!!
    i want a mistake!!

shakencat wrote: »
    i no!!
    i want a mistake!!
    Bet you they pre recorded it the ba*tards!

That was cool with the previous years of easter enders on the TV though... Looked like something from the ring though.

Bet you they pre recorded it the ba*tards!

That was cool with the previous years of easter enders on the TV though... Looked like something from the ring though.

i wonder what song wil be cut when the gaurds come in...

then.. dun dun dun dun dundndundundundund

i wonder what song wil be cut when the gaurds come in...

then.. dun dun dun dun dundndundundundund
    dodeh deh dheeee, dondehdeeeeeee - sounds better in my head don't worry.

wow brads fall was done well....wonder if it was real!

It was STACY! dun dun dun dee duneeee

hahah my mate was namin everyone and i wa slike.. prob feckin stacey hahah
    hes sick i even said her name hahaha

hahah my mate was namin everyone and i wa slike.. prob feckin stacey hahah
    hes sick i even said her name hahaha
    Well done :p - guessing it wasn't expected...why she do it....was it when she had mental problems

• Advertisement

Well done :p - guessing it wasn't expected...why she do it....was it when she had mental problems

nah she was fixed then
    but shes pregnant..

she'l get away with it
    'unstate of mind' or whatever, some times im tempted to fall preg so i can do things like that!

nah she was fixed then
    but shes pregnant..

she'l get away with it
    'unstate of mind' or whatever, some times im tempted to fall preg so i can do things like that!
    Ah see :p

It's prob the only decent soap. So any plans for remainder of night. Strange to see you on this so late...just because you in work? - what time you finished

Ah see :p

It's prob the only decent soap. So any plans for remainder of night. Strange to see you on this so late...just because you in work? - what time you finished

yeah im in work..
    in til ten =[

and manager in tomoro
    so everything has to be done right =[

u?

yeah im in work..
    in til ten =[

and manager in tomoro
    so everything has to be done right =[

u?
    Late :( - you're really going to do things right on boards :p

Me...I gotta relax and think about something that I've to figure out , big decision. Just stay watching TV I think... and interest... Not the standard friday night by most!

Late :( - you're really going to do things right on boards :p

Me...I gotta relax and think about something that I've to figure out , big decision. Just stay watching TV I think... and interest... Not the standard friday night by most!

i meanta be goin out bu no one seems up to it =[
    let downs

i meanta be goin out bu no one seems up to it =[
    let downs
    I'll go with you! :p Just give me a few hours to get to Dublin!

• Advertisement

I'll go with you! :p Just give me a few hours to get to Dublin!

hahah
    yeah yeah.
    so whats on your mind eh?

my heads wrecked!

hahah
    yeah yeah.
    so whats on your mind eh?

my heads wrecked!
    Oh man my mind is so crazy at the moment. I must make a decision about work/college....being pulled each way....all confused!

So my head is wreaked also!

It started to snow here :eek: - stopped again though....not again :(

Oh man my mind is so crazy at the moment. I must make a decision about work/college....being pulled each way....all confused!

So my head is wreaked also!

It started to snow here :eek: - stopped again though....not again :(

yea.. snowed / hair stones (huge ones)

here earlier..

and id choose college..

defo!

yea.. snowed / hair stones (huge ones)

here earlier..

and id choose college..

defo!
    Yeah think you're right :) - That's where I'm going to stay I think!

Jees just got more bad news...my grandmothers niece (like a daughter to my grandmother, she's in bits :( ) - has being told she only has a couple months left to live....cancer :( - such a bad thing.

That family is cursed.....her 3 brothers got killed tragedy, one car crash, 2 murdered....now she's gone. Her husband is inside in hospital with alzheimer's, doesn't know what's happening. Her sisters husband died because a digger fell on him.

I mean how unlucky can one family get!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

sorry to hear that webmonkey!

evening all.

deRanged wrote: »
    sorry to hear that webmonkey!

evening all.
    Thanks.

Evening to you too...how work go this week for you? glad its the weekend no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Jees just got more bad news...my grandmothers niece (like a daughter to my grandmother, she's in bits :( ) - has being told she only has a couple months left to live....cancer :( - such a bad thing.

That family is cursed.....her 3 brothers got killed tragedy, one car crash, 2 murdered....now she's gone. Her husband is inside in hospital with alzheimer's, doesn't know what's happening. Her sisters husband died because a digger fell on him.

My condolences.

I recently lost my great uncle. He passed away last weekend.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    My condolences.

I recently lost my great uncle. He passed away last weekend.
    sorry to hear that :(

Evening to you too...how work go this week for you? glad its the weekend no doubt.
    utterly mental.
    not only am I glad it's the weekend, but I'm going snowboarding for a week tomorrow :) work can just look after itself for a week.

utterly mental.
    not only am I glad it's the weekend, but I'm going snowboarding for a week tomorrow :) work can just look after itself for a week.
    Ah deadly! - where you doing that. Would love to give that a go. Used to skateboard a lot but i guess that isn't really the same anyways :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

oh god...i'm sorry to hear that webby. it is unbelievably bad luck alright!! :(

Ah deadly! - where

Austria.
    I skateboarded a bit a very long time ago, don't expect it to help at all :)
    I imagine i'll spend a great deal of time falling on my well-padded ass.

nursemar88 wrote: »
    oh god...i'm sorry to hear that webby. it is unbelievably bad luck alright!! :(

Yeah it's strange one, you wouldn't see in movie! - all the boys in the family too strange one. Sounds like final destination or something!
    Austria.

Lovely! haha, I think most fall often anyways!

I am half tempted to start skateboarding again!

Austria.
    as a matter of interest is it costing an absolutely ridiculous amount? i'm not asking ya to tell me how much but can you get a reasonable enough package thingy?
    Yeah it's strange one, you wouldn't see in movie! - all the boys in the family too strange one. Sounds like final destination or something!
    it does sound like something out of a film doesnt it? you dont seem to be having a great time of it lately..

• Advertisement

as a matter of interest is it costing an absolutely ridiculous amount? i'm not asking ya to tell me how much but can you get a reasonable enough package thingy?

it's costing more than I'd like to be honest. we booked late, and were stuck with not having many options for when to go.
    the flights and hotel are about 500, then there's lift passes and board rental on top of that. up to another 500 quid depending on what you do and take.

it's costing more than I'd like to be honest. we booked late, and were stuck with not having many options for when to go.
    the flights and hotel are about 500, then there's lift passes and board rental on top of that. up to another 500 quid depending on what you do and take.
    ok way too rich for my blood!!! i figured it'd be bout that much tbh... and i hate snow!!! but my boyfriend really wants to go snowboarding!

ah you could get it a good bit cheaper if you're flexible dates and destination wise.

ok way too rich for my blood!!! i figured it'd be bout that much tbh... and i hate snow!!! but my boyfriend really wants to go snowboarding!

I would recommend Andorra. Very cheap to get to. Fly to Barcelona and get a bus up. Hotels/Lodges are cheap enough in comparison to other destinations.

Or Basko in Bulgaria. Both are great places for the winter sports

ah you could get it a good bit cheaper if you're flexible dates and destination wise.
    y i suppose thats true...
    I would recommend Andorra. Very cheap to get to. Fly to Barcelona and get a bus up. Hotels/Lodges are cheap enough in comparison to other destinations.

Or Basko in Bulgaria. Both are great places for the winter sports
    thanks...good advice... you a seasoned pro at it?

y i suppose thats true...

thanks...good advice... you a seasoned pro at it?

I've been to both countries but seasoned pro...not a hope. If I can stay on my feet for 30 seconds then I see that as a success.

When I went to Andorra I ended up going over a ski jump backwards...with comical results:o

Funniest thing that happened though was when I was getting taught to snowboard. I ended up flying down a slope and taking out an entire group of 20 people.

I hope to go back and actually make it down a slope without falling...I can dream:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

snowboarding is an awful lot harder than it looks, be prepared to spend 90% of the time on your arse..... skiing ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Skiing is the way to go to be honest ;p
    It really funny seeing the hate that the boarders and skiiers have on the slopes even with people whose first time it is. Picked it up really quickly when i went last time. Must say it was better then any sun holiday i ever had.

Skiing is the way to go to be honest ;p
    It really funny seeing the hate that the boarders and skiiers have on the slopes even with people whose first time it is. Picked it up really quickly when i went last time. Must say it was better then any sun holiday i ever had.

Oh yeah, I felt the "love" when I was learning amongst the regulars. The look of disdain on their faces when I clattered them was priceless though.

Snow holidays are way better then sun holidays. Plus when you're skiing/boarding you don't realise it but you're doing exercise so that's always a plus.

Your lungs get a great workout when you scream as loud and as long as possible when you're hurtling towards trees or other people...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Oh yeah, I felt the "love" when I was learning amongst the regulars. The look of disdain on their faces when I clattered them was priceless though.

Snow holidays are way better then sun holidays. Plus when you're skiing/boarding you don't realise it but you're doing exercise so that's always a plus.

Your lungs get a great workout when you scream as loud and as long as possible when you're hurtling towards trees or other people...

After three days i got into the top group so we were allowed go off by ourselves. No better feeling that speeding down the slope and taking that position of the sticks uder your arms and you are crouched down with your face about a foot off the ground. The adrenaline rush is unreal.

Definately going to try and back again soon. We went to Lavarone in Italyback then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Love skiing! Went about 6 years ago with family, destroyed my body but was so worth it!

Still on a high after my acceptance yesterday. I've never been so happy, and on the plus side my parents have agreed to help me financially by paying for my accommodation while I'm there which is a huge relief off my shoulders.

Father is gettin his head shaved for charity tonight....shall be interesting his hairs about my length at the moment with a mass of curls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

I bought a new camera today! Who is going to be the first boardsie to step in front of it? :-)

Not me anyways, hate photos and not very photogenic!

Not me anyways, hate photos and not very photogenic!

Says the guy who has posted in the TLL :-D

kingtut wrote: »
    Says the guy who has posted in the TLL :-D
    True ha, those were the best I could get and they were fairly disgraceful lol

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »
    I bought a new camera today! Who is going to be the first boardsie to step in front of it? :-)

What you get?!?

I am tempted to go to the cinema later. Can anyone recommend a good movie?
    What you get?!?

Fujifilm finepix z35.

I want one of the baby tigers that are on tv3!!

I want one of the baby tigers that are on tv3!!

Umm not near a tv...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

got my hair cut yesterday,looks really nice! Yay you got your new camera,maybe you should take a photo of it and post it up bahaha .i'm stuck in work til 8 :\ cant complain i suppose :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement